Page 460 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470510560960 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,200 of 22991

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Weather or not they are is irrelevant. It's pretty clear the league has a zero tolerance policy. Gordon is an idiot for getting caught twice. Insane talent with no common sense. I don't feel the least bit sorry for him or anyone else for that matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    What a joke that this guy is being suspended for smoking pot. Our countries drug laws are outdated.
    Didn't he get a DUI?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Didn't he get a DUI?
    That is pending. The guy is an absolute idiot but he is being suspended over a urine test with a very low level of marijuana. I just find it amazing that this country can have pot legal in some states and treated like the devil in others.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    That is pending. The guy is an absolute idiot but he is being suspended over a urine test with a very low level of marijuana. I just find it amazing that this country can have pot legal in some states and treated like the devil in others.
    The rules may be dumb, but he knows them and didn't follow them
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,790 Posts
    Land of the free

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Mike, is there any truth behind the claims that RGIII is alienating players and treating them poorly in the locker room? And that the lack of understanding of the offense is becoming a problem in the locker room and with the coaches? And that he’s worried about Cousins closing the gap in the QB competition? I’ve been reading articles all offseason, and I’ve never heard anything like what has recently been reported by Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller.
    — Marcus Reed

No, that is not true. That was one of the most unfounded, attention-grab “reports” I’ve seen surrounding this team in some time. I talk to players, agents and coaches on and off the record, and never once gotten a sense that Griffin was alienating teammates and treating them poorly. The same goes for any other beat writer out there. To suggest that he is mistreating teammates because he can’t learn the offense is ludicrous. You didn’t hear anything along those lines from any credible local or national reporter because the report was pure fiction. The reported also stated that the locker room went crazy when the report out of Boston stated that Cousins looked better than Griffin. False again. Players were looking at people that followed up on this like they had three heads.

Even after Saturday’s woeful performance, players have not started to turn on Griffin, and he hasn’t started alienating teammates or isolating himself from them. All of this is not to say that there aren’t people within the organization holding their breath over whether or not he can get things together. And it’s not to say that every player in the locker room is leaving love notes in Griffin’s locker. Former Redskins linebacker London Fletcher said it best, that Griffin is one of the more popular guys in the locker room, both publicly and behind closed doors. But, are they all fond of his Twitter game, or his sock game and all that stuff? Not all of them. Some would rather him just keep a low profile and play football. But they don’t dislike him, or want him benched. But hey, don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ersy-and-more/

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Great news! Griffin isn't hating on his teammates. He is the consummate professional!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Is Gordon dumb for not following the rules as he clearly knew them to be? Of course.

But it's incredibly dumb to test and suspend players for Marijuana and alcohol (in the case of Prater). If they aren't getting arrested or taking non prescribed drugs to boost performance, then what does it matter what they do in their personal lives?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Every coach and GM in the NFL would rather have their players smoking weed at home while playing video games than out at a club drinking. One is legal though and the other isn't. Our country is ****ing retarded on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    It's also hilarious to hear Cris Carter talk about this. Like dude, Gordon is not the same as you were. You were on pills, coke, and an alcoholic. Gordon likes marijuana. Far less harmful than any one of those three. His livelihood is not in jeopardy for simply smoking weed, but it's in jeopardy because of terrible, unfair rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    It reminds me of this: If I were to get a drug charge for weed, I'd lose all possibility of financial aid for college. Which would effectively **** up my life and harm me a whole lot more than marijuana will. In what world does that make sense? Same thing here with Gordon.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Every coach and GM in the NFL would rather have their players smoking weed at home while playing video games than out at a club drinking. One is legal though and the other isn't. Our country is ****ing retarded on this.
    No I think every coach and GM would rather have their players beat women instead of smoke weed.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    I get what some of you are saying, but it's still illegal in 48 states across the country. Until it's fully legalized this is going to happen again and again. These are rules and laws and if you don't agree with them then leave or follow the guidelines. I had to put up with all sorts of dumb regulations when I was in the army, but guess what I followed them because that's what I was supposed to do.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    How awesome would it be if the teammate hater was traded to the Rams? Haha he's such a chump and if the Redskins didn't trade a fortune for him, Cousins would be starting.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    How awesome would it be if the teammate hater was traded to the Rams? Haha he's such a chump and if the Redskins didn't trade a fortune for him, Cousins would be starting.
    LOL, no.

532-849 62.7% 6,403 yards, 7.54 ypa, 36 td, 17 int passer rating of 91.5
    114-203 56.2% 1,320 yards, 6.50 ypa, 8 td, 10 int, passer rating of 68.6

That's without even factoring in rushing yards. If you want to even brink up last year:

274-456 60.1% 3,203 yards, 7.02 ypa, 16 td, 12 int, passer rating of 82.2

You still lose.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Just the mere fact that other people besides me think the same thing should tell you how overrated Griffin really is. Or it speaks volumes about how good Cousins can be. You are a complete blind Griffin slurper if you think he's head and shoulder better than Cousins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Niners...what are your thoughts on the team thus far? Have to love the young defensive talent right?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Just the mere fact that other people besides me think the same thing should tell you how overrated Griffin really is. Or it speaks volumes about how good Cousins can be. You are a complete blind Griffin slurper if you think he's head and shoulder better than Cousins.

Who are the other people that think Cousins is better?

I don't care who plays QB as long as they give the team the best chance to win. Lets see, a guy that is a former pro bowler coming off a year with a torn ACL who still performed better than Cousins? If Cousins didn't play for that **** Big Ten team you root for (and probably didn't even attend) you wouldn't even have a say. I just posted the stats that these two have provided the first two years in the league.

I do like Cousins, I think he can be a quality backup in the NFL and possibly a starter down the road. If he has a team loaded around him he may even be able to win some games (like Andy Dalton). But at this point he's a 1 read gunslinger in the mode of Rex Grossman. He needs to improve on his accuracy and because he lacks mobility, he needs to be quicker through his reads and/or check down. Arm strength will also be a knock against him.

Do you think if the other 29 teams that have watched him thought he was as good as you think he is, they would have offered a 2nd or 3rd rounder?

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Niners...what are your thoughts on the team thus far? Have to love the young defensive talent right?
    Offense has been very poor. I attribute it to a couple things. The offensive line taking a step backwards. Missing Boone hurts, but Iupati doesn't look 100 percent yet, and trying to incorporate a new center isn't making things any easier.

Carlos Hyde has looked beastly pretty much all the time. Him being able to spell Gore is going to be huge. Haven't seen much of his pass protection, but I also haven't heard it mentioned either. Kaepernick hasn't been on the same page as Stevie and they both have admitted that. Stevie runs his routes different than a lot of receivers around the league. Those two are connecting some, but definitely room to grow here. Patton has really struggled and I assume he makes the team, but there is competition at that position. Ellington is gonna make some noise this season. Not anytime soon, but he's gonna have some big catches down the stretch for us. Oh yes back to the offensive struggles. I think Harbaugh and Roman are holding things back as well. At least that is my hope at the moment. The offense has too much talent to look like complete manure. I am slightly concerned only because it's hard to dismiss what we've seen on the field. Overall though the offense should be fine. Offensive line as I said is a real concern though.

The defense has looked pretty stout at times as well. NT is an area they need to get better at. Losing Dorsey stings and I feel that is the weakest area of the defense. Ian Williams is apparently healthy again and having him back helps out immensely. Bowman missing at least half the regular season is a huge blow. There are guys who can step in, but you can't replace the best ILB in football for 8 weeks. Secondary has me worried because of a lot of new faces back there. I wasn't high on Ward at all and I haven't seen much from him either. Bethea already had a concussion because he got laid out by a receiver...I miss Whitner a ton already.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    giles you didn't play for the Redskins. Are you allowed to root for them?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NinersSBChamps For This Useful Post:

Heyward (08-28-2014)