Page 466 of 1148 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516566966 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,320 of 22942

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    How do people come to the conclusion that a whole enterprise is "liberally bias" from two cited things? Yep, I'm sure Disney told Parker to say that. And what the hell does that have to do with "liberal" bias? How is criticizing RG3 for having a white fiance "liberal"? It doesn't even make sense. If anything, the conservatives are the ones that would be bothered by that.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Culliver is an idiot. But you are dealing with alpha males here and unfortunately a good portion of them are going to be homophobic. Its unfortunate but for the rest of the enlightened population its not an issue at all. I don't need to hear ESPN reporting that Michael Sam is waiting for the other players to get done in the shower so they aren't uncomfortable taking a shower with them. Thats nonsense and its just trying to stir up ratings. If Sam can play he will play in this league. His sexual orientation will have absolutely nothing to with his playing time.
    Jerry loves the attention. Not surprised the Cowboys went after him.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Why would the Cowboys not go after Sam...every player on the defense is hurt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    How do people come to the conclusion that a whole enterprise is "liberally bias" from two cited things? Yep, I'm sure Disney told Parker to say that. And what the hell does that have to do with "liberal" bias? How is criticizing RG3 for having a white fiance "liberal"? It doesn't even make sense. If anything, the conservatives are the ones that would be bothered by that.
    I'm guessing this will be skipped over because there's no rational explanation.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I'm guessing this will be skipped over because there's no rational explanation.
    RG3 is a black republican, idiot or at the very least accused of being so by ESPN talking head. He was raised by a military family that supported a Republican gov in Texas and has spoken out about political correctness.
    Last edited by gilesfan; 09-03-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    RG3 is a black republican, idiot or at the very least accused of being so by ESPN talking head. He was raised by a military family that supported a Republican gov in Texas and has spoken out about political correctness.
    Anddddd what? So one person on ESPN says something dumb (shocking), and now they're "liberal media." And again, please explain what him being engaged to a white woman has to do with "liberal bias." Rob Parker probably doesn't even know all that. That example is reaching, really far, and isn't grasping anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    This board is damn exhausting sometimes
    Ivermectin Man

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (09-04-2014)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Anddddd what? So one person on ESPN says something dumb (shocking), and now they're "liberal media." And again, please explain what him being engaged to a white woman has to do with "liberal bias." Rob Parker probably doesn't even know all that. That example is reaching, really far, and isn't grasping anything.
    Try reading the story and what Rob Parker said, lol.

You are right, there is no liberal bias in the media...........Talking about Sam everyday is just because it's such a compelling story to hear how he showers.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Michael Sam had Cowboy written all over him. From the fact that they have an atrocious defense to the owner. Maybe he can help them out, and we won't hear daily reports of how a practice squad player is doing.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Why would the Cowboys not go after Sam...every player on the defense is hurt.
    Why would a 4-3 team sign Sam?

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    What a ****ty argument that is. The reason alpha males are homophobic is because of societal standards. You think Gladiators were homophobic? I would say no since sex including homosexual sex was viewed entirely different in Ancient Rome. The homophobia we have in our society will go away and there's a very real chance that Sam coming out will be the start of something good in that direction. If he can come out and get positive attention that may convince a few people who're much better than him to come out and get it moving. Someone's orientation shouldn't matter and until we shed our stupid puritanical views.
    Homophobia is a perfectly natural emotion expressed by nearly everyone. Has nothing to do with society. You pick one society out of the tens of thousands that have inhabited this earth and act like that's the norm? It absolutely is normal for a man to not want another man to place his hands on him or look at him sexually. That will never go away. The only thing that will happen is more acceptance as far as marriage and sports go. But as far as straight men not wanting to be around gay men goes, that will never change.

yeezus, have you been under a rock for the last 10 years? Watch ESPN any time any sort of gay or racial issue shows up and tell me they aren't liberal. Every single anchor on every single one of their shows has an overly liberal viewpoint any time those topics come up. What are the odds that 100 men and women think exactly the same way on these topics? We can't even get 5 people on this board to agree, yet ESPN has droves of employees that are all exactly the same?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ESP47 For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (09-04-2014)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    What a ****ty argument that is. The reason alpha males are homophobic is because of societal standards. You think Gladiators were homophobic? I would say no since sex including homosexual sex was viewed entirely different in Ancient Rome. The homophobia we have in our society will go away and there's a very real chance that Sam coming out will be the start of something good in that direction. If he can come out and get positive attention that may convince a few people who're much better than him to come out and get it moving. Someone's orientation shouldn't matter and until we shed our stupid puritanical views.
    Just a quick point, this is terrible example. Gladiators were slaves/criminals. That's about as similar as inmates today. Homosexual behavior is rampant in our prisons as well. Are we to believe prisons are a more open society?
    Last edited by Carp; 09-03-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Just a quick point, this is terrible example. Gladiators were slaves/criminals. That's about as similar as inmates today. Homosexual behavior is rampant in our prisons as well. Are we to believe prisons are a more open society?
    The point is to compere to alpha males.

I could have pointed out that Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great almost certainly bedded men.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    Homophobia is a perfectly natural emotion expressed by nearly everyone. Has nothing to do with society. You pick one society out of the tens of thousands that have inhabited this earth and act like that's the norm? It absolutely is normal for a man to not want another man to place his hands on him or look at him sexually. That will never go away. The only thing that will happen is more acceptance as far as marriage and sports go. But as far as straight men not wanting to be around gay men goes, that will never change.
    No it's not a perfectly natural emotion. It's something that's instilled by the Judeo based religions. You think it's natural because it's what you were taught by society. Natural and societal are entirely different. So you think that people can't control their sexual urges? And really you think that gay people don't play NFL? All you're doing is forcing people to lie about who they really are. There's still gay people. Hell you're creating a system of paranoia as you know that there's a good chance you have a gay teammate. The only people I have met who're hardcore homophobes were the people in high school who were a little too into things I'd consider pretty gay. Which leads to a common issue where often most homophobes aren't comfortable with their own sexuality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    No it's not a perfectly natural emotion. It's something that's instilled by the Judeo based religions. You think it's natural because it's what you were taught by society. Natural and societal are entirely different. So you think that people can't control their sexual urges? And really you think that gay people don't play NFL? All you're doing is forcing people to lie about who they really are. There's still gay people. Hell you're creating a system of paranoia as you know that there's a good chance you have a gay teammate. The only people I have met who're hardcore homophobes were the people in high school who were a little too into things I'd consider pretty gay. Which leads to a common issue where often most homophobes aren't comfortable with their own sexuality.
    Pretty funny that you come off as holier than thou and yet include your own stereotypes. Well done...
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,468 Posts
    Pretty funny that you come off as holier than thou and yet include your own stereotypes. Well done...
    Well what would you call the urge to pants people, harass people in the shower, judge people's penises, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Well what would you call the urge to pants people, harass people in the shower, judge people's penises, etc.
    Kids being stupid kids?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,468 Posts
    Kids being stupid kids?
    Interesting, as I'd consider most all of those things as being associated with homosexual desires.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Interesting, as I'd consider most all of those things as being associated with homosexual desires.
    I don't think anything is a homosexual desire unless you are homosexual.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,468 Posts
    I don't think anything is a homosexual desire unless you are homosexual.
    Or you know, sexual confusion.

http://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=4040

"Individuals who identify as straight but in psychological tests show a strong attraction to the same sex may be threatened by gays and lesbians because homosexuals remind them of similar tendencies within themselves"