Page 506 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 64064564965045055065075085165566061006 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,120 of 22984

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Age 24 563-889 (63%), 6,708 passing yards (224 y/g, 7.5 ypa) 36 td, 17 int, 91.8 Passer Rating
    Age 25 737-1,284 (57.4%), 8,737 passing yards (257 y/g, 6.8 ypa), 51 td, 30 int, 81.8 Passer Rating
    Age 25 412-664 (62%), 5,243 passing yards (238 y/g, 7.9 ypa), 36 td, 9 int, 99.1 Passer Rating
    Age 26 686-1,153 (59.5%), 7,626 passing yards (224 yp/g, 6.6 ypa) 39 td, 32 int, 78.9 Passer Rating
    Age 27 1,032-1,691 (61%), 11,913 passing yards (238 y/g, 7.0 ypa) 82 td, 49 int, 86.4 Passer Rating
    Age 27 419-696 (60%), 5,495 passing yards (162 y/g, 8.0 ypa) 34 td, 14 int, 93 Passer Rating

Curious that the guy that is considered elite has the 2nd worst numbers of the group.
    Dont care about numbers.

Luck has to carry Indy on his back, it goes way beyond the stats.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Dont care about numbers.

Luck has to carry Indy on his back, it goes way beyond the stats.
    They have Wayne, Hilton, a bunch of solid TEs. He fails to carry Indy on his back all too often (like last night)

Does Tanneyhill or any of the other QBs have to carry their team any less (didn't include Wilson who is able to let team carry him)?

If you took the names off the QBs back, would Luck be considered elite?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    They have Wayne, Hilton, a bunch of solid TEs. He fails to carry Indy on his back all too often (like last night)

Does Tanneyhill or any of the other QBs have to carry their team any less (didn't include Wilson who is able to let team carry him)?

Yes, he has good weapons but his OL is abysmal.

He's been hit more times than any QB in the league the last 2 years.

I dont understand the last part, most dont consider Luck elite, but he is to me.

Just a matter of opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    A universe doesn't exist where Fleener is anything but one of the most ineffective TEs in the game.

Allen is solid, but the Colts have a talent evaluation problem. They don't play the best guys the most.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Carp (09-16-2014)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    So let's just say Cousins does very well in Griffin's latest absence. giles what would you want the team to do moving forward? I know it's hard to say since it hasn't and may not happen.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    So let's just say Cousins does very well in Griffin's latest absence. giles what would you want the team to do moving forward? I know it's hard to say since it hasn't and may not happen.
    He would have to do really really well, but if he does for the next 6-7 games, I really don't care which of the two start.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

I'm not gonna comment too much on this, but in active Game Winning drives, luck is tied for 20th with Cassel and Dalton (both with longer time in NFL) and is 1 behind Stafford. Sure he's no Matt Ryan in that category, but he's on his way to being almost on that level. And in 4th quarter comebacks and in 4th quarter comebacks he's tied with cassel again, and 2 behind Stafford.

Luck's been fine on the carrying the team part, if he has a fault it's he doesn't know how to control a game like the top QBs do.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    So QBs that don't need 4th quarter drives to win get knocked in your universe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    So QBs that don't need 4th quarter drives to win get knocked in your universe?
    No, I clearly mentioned that at the end not that I'd expect you to actually read. Your post history indicates it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts

Wayne is solid but old. At this stage I can think of only about 5-10 teams where he'd still be the number 1 option. Hilton, while solid, is hardly a game changer. Nicks is nothing like he used to be.

At TE, Allen looks like he may be a good one, but a little early to tell. So far Fleener has been at best league average. He's not very good.

At RB he has crap. Bradshaw is a decent complimentary back. Richardson is a huge bust.

That being said, he's a clear step behind the elite 4 (well may be elite 3 now that is looks like Brady is showing his age). But it's only the start of his 3rd season, and he's still a top 10 QB easily. Plenty of room to grow.
    Last edited by Carp; 09-16-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 2m
    Vikings have placed Adrian Peterson on Commissioner's exempt list, meaning he's shelved until further notice

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 5s
    During his time on the Commissioner's exempt list he will be required to stay away from the team and handle his personal situation
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Wayne is solid but old. At this stage I can think of only about 5-10 teams where he'd still be the number 1 option. Hilton, while solid, is hardly a game changer. Nicks is nothing like he used to be.

At TE, Allen looks like he may be a good one, but a little early to tell. So far Fleener has been at best league average. He's not very good.

At RB he has crap. Bradshaw is a decent complimentary back. Richardson is a huge bust.

That being said, he's a clear step behind the elite 4 (well may be elite 3 now that is looks like Brady is showing his age). But it's only the start of his 3rd season, and he's still a top 10 QB easily. Plenty of room to grow.
    Def room to grow. But, if you had to pick 10 QBs to win tomorrow, he wouldn't be on he list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Def room to grow. But, if you had to pick 10 QBs to win tomorrow, he wouldn't be on he list.
    FWIW, Rg3 wouldn't either.

I feel like you like to belittle everyone else's qb situation only to have a pile of dogsh!t at the position yourself.
    Ivermectin Man

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    RG3 needs robot legs. From the waist up he's a great QB. He just has the worst case of baby deer legs I've ever seen from a football player. You can just look at his legs when he's playing and tell that they're an ACL tear waiting to happen. He wont last long in the league. I'd trade him while he still has some value because he's not going to make it due to injuries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    What 10 QBs for sure would you take over him?

Obviously Brees, Brady, Peyton, and Rodgers, then Ryan, maybe Stafford, Rapelisberger, Rivers, and Romo. But after that, there's negligible differences between Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick, etc.. Of those guys too, BRady may be cooked, he may be in his final few years, Manning is almost done, Brees is getting up tere but should have some years, Rapelisberger who knows, he's not that old in terms of age but he moves like an old man, he could be on his way to McNabb early retirement. Luck has some issues so far for sure, but Luck is a rare breed who has the mental side of things well beyond his years and the physical tools. Usually the QBs who're more heady are the Peyton types who lack the physical tools to dominate, but are so advanced mentally, the athletes are usually more like RG3, Kaepernick, and Vick who are first read long looks then look to run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    What 10 QBs for sure would you take over him?

Obviously Brees, Brady, Peyton, and Rodgers, then Ryan, maybe Stafford, Rapelisberger, Rivers, and Romo. But after that, there's negligible differences between Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick, etc.. Of those guys too, BRady may be cooked, he may be in his final few years, Manning is almost done, Brees is getting up tere but should have some years, Rapelisberger who knows, he's not that old in terms of age but he moves like an old man, he could be on his way to McNabb early retirement. Luck has some issues so far for sure, but Luck is a rare breed who has the mental side of things well beyond his years and the physical tools. Usually the QBs who're more heady are the Peyton types who lack the physical tools to dominate, but are so advanced mentally, the athletes are usually more like RG3, Kaepernick, and Vick who are first read long looks then look to run.
    To win the SB tomorrow?

Peyton
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Staff
    Rivers
    Romo
    Wilson
    Ryan
    Ben

Then guys like Dalton/Cam/Cutler/Luck

And I'll take Cam over Luck, assuming same level of talent around them.
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The MMQB's Greg A. Bedard believes Oregon redshirt junior QB Marcus Mariota is a "far more advanced passer" than Colin Kaepernick.
    Bedard introduces the Kaepernick analogy for Mariota, stating it is the best comparison since (simply put) the two could make similar plays with their feet. "But that’s where the comparison should end," Bedard concluded, adding that Mariota has terrific ball placement. Bedard notes Mariota might fall into the same category as Teddy Bridgewater, who was passed over by at least one team because they did not see "enough of a commanding persona... That’s the landscape Mariota will be wading into." We believe if a team passes over a quarterback prospect for a lesser talent just because the former lacks a fiery personality, they are making a mistake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRule View Post
    To win the SB tomorrow?

Peyton
    Rodgers
    Brees
    Staff
    Rivers
    Romo
    Wilson
    Ryan
    Ben

Then guys like Dalton/Cam/Cutler/Luck

And I'll take Cam over Luck, assuming same level of talent around them.
    What has Wilson really done though? I mean he's a great rate QB. But he isn't put into a position that often to carry his team like Luck is. Luck doesn't have the weapons Wilson has or especially the defense. The other 8 guys you listed I can see a legit argument over Luck because they've been around and have faced various levels of adversity. I consider Rivers a mayber for me still because he blew a big one for a while before seemingly coming back. if he's back then for sure he's in there. Romo, I don't know. He puts up the stats, but he doesn't get the wins, it stinks for him. Rapelisberger, I listed my potential reasosn for concern but I'm fine with him being on there. Dalton and Cutler dont' belong in the same mix as Luck and Wilson. Cam isn't that good. I mean he's a solid QB, but he is just another RG3/Kaepernick type. No that there's anything wrong with that. But Luck has already shown so much more. And it's not like he has amazing weapons. He has the really old Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton, Both are solid options, but hardly amazing.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    FWIW, Rg3 wouldn't either.

I feel like you like to belittle everyone else's qb situation only to have a pile of dogsh!t at the position yourself.
    What does talking about other QBs have to do with RG3? (LOL off a pile of dog****) Can I not talk about other teams offensive lines bc the Redskins have a **** OL? Can you not talk about any team bc you root for the ****ty Falcons that have never done anything in the NFL? Is that how it works? So maybe 3 posters can talk about the NFL in here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    What has Wilson really done though? I mean he's a great rate QB. But he isn't put into a position that often to carry his team like Luck is. Luck doesn't have the weapons Wilson has or especially the defense. The other 8 guys you listed I can see a legit argument over Luck because they've been around and have faced various levels of adversity. I consider Rivers a mayber for me still because he blew a big one for a while before seemingly coming back. if he's back then for sure he's in there. Romo, I don't know. He puts up the stats, but he doesn't get the wins, it stinks for him. Rapelisberger, I listed my potential reasosn for concern but I'm fine with him being on there. Dalton and Cutler dont' belong in the same mix as Luck and Wilson. Cam isn't that good. I mean he's a solid QB, but he is just another RG3/Kaepernick type. No that there's anything wrong with that. But Luck has already shown so much more. And it's not like he has amazing weapons. He has the really old Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton, Both are solid options, but hardly amazing.
    What has Wilson done? I guess nothing besides win a Superbowl and you can say "D carried him" but then I will go back and say then how come Kap didn't win or any other QB with a stacked D? He also had a 8.2 Y/A last year.....he just threw it 200+ times less than every other QB

Cam, we have done this dance countless time....not going to do it again. Cam has the least talent around him on O of any competitive team. If there is a team with worse talent on O, on a supposed "contender" let me hear it.
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe