Page 541 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 414414915315395405415425435515916411041 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,820 of 22998

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You are two all-pro's away. Lots of teams can say that.
    BTW the Falcons can't have that many All-Pros. Julio is an All-Pro player, Roddy is a former all-pro, Trufant is a potential All-Pro, Moore is borderline and Ryan is borderline. Falcons have great top talent, their issue is depth and a few spots on the OL.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Yeah that's right. Falcons lack quality depth and that is something that holds a ton of teams back. How much did they end up giving Harry Douglas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    No they're not 2 All-Pros. They're one impact DL and one solid RT. A good first and second round pick could do it. I named 2 players that the falcons could draft who could be that player.
    Zito, if you think you are only two "good" players away you are crazy. Unless those players are top 5 at their position that will not get you over the top. Falcons depth is horrid.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Yeah that's right. Falcons lack quality depth and that is something that holds a ton of teams back. How much did they end up giving Harry Douglas?
    Harry Douglas is on his old contract. 4/12.5M that's over half over. They could cut him and free up tons of space, they may do that with Hester developing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,471 Posts
    Zito, if you think you are only two "good" players away you are crazy. Unless those players are top 5 at their position that will not get you over the top. Falcons depth is horrid.
    If they get a strong RT that gives them 4 OL positions with above agerage to good players and the C issue.

DE they need someone who's well above average and can be a several down player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    If they get a strong RT that gives them 4 OL positions with above agerage to good players and the C issue.

DE they need someone who's well above average and can be a several down player.
    Zito, you are getting manhandled at the LOS. Two players is not going to change that dramatically. Falcons need multiple players in multiple positions. Look at what the 49ers have done without star players. Teams need depth and the Falcons have none.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,471 Posts
    It does when they're at key positions. Falcons have had another terrible injury season. Lots of guys going down. But their key issue is DL, they do need many players, but 2 strong lineman tips the scale of course if they have another trainwreck injury season they're screwed.

Stop bringing up the Niners, falcons don't have the luxury of sucking for 5 years and getting hgh picks. Picking top 5 or so is great cause you have 4 picks in the top 100. If the Falcons are picking in the 20s, they have only 3 picks in the top 100.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    49ers have made great decisions outside of the first round and havent had a top pick in three years. That's a cop out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,471 Posts
    49ers have made great decisions outside of the first round and havent had a top pick in three years. That's a cop out.
    Won't pick on the current draft, but the last 2 drafts before that the niners first 4 picks were

Eric Reid
    Tank Carradine
    Vance McDonald
    Corey Lemonier

AJ Jenkins
    La Michael James
    Joe Looney
    Darius Flemming

One good, one horrific.

Compare that to the previous 2 years

Aldon Smith
    Colin Kaepernick
    Chris Culliver
    Kendall Hunter

Anthony Davis
    Mike Iupati
    Taylor Mays
    Navarro Bowman

You dare compare twice?

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Harry Douglas is on his old contract. 4/12.5M that's over half over. They could cut him and free up tons of space, they may do that with Hester developing.
    Oh my bad. I thouht they had extended him this off season. Douglas is a nice receiver, but he seems expendable right now. He filled in nicely last season while Roddy was busy hating white people as he was hurt nearly all season.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Do the 49ers get to play that game with Smith, Bowman, a game shaped Boone and Anthony Davis?

It should be a great game and hopefully we can see it again in the NFC Champ game.
    Sure, but it boils down to this any team that beats Dallas is going to have to stop Murray and Randle and Dunbar. Even though they won the game the Niners still didn't stop them offensively. This is the way championships are won.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    You must not watch most QBs in the NFL. Most great QBs in the NFL do that regularly. If you look at a stat like DYAR, it considers the guys who're asked to be heros and come through, and Romo did well in that stat. But he regularly was in the 5-10 range. Romo is an example of a good QB asked to be a great one. He isn't a great QB, he tends to make too many bad decisions, he gets bailed out by his receivers entirely too often, not that other QBs don't get bailed out by their QBs, that would be a lie, but when I watch Dallas I see 3+ plays a receiver makes a well above average play on a ball. Yesterday's 3rd and 20 catch is a prime example of that. I mean what that receiver did to make that catch was nothing short of amazing. Full sprint, leaping, and a toe drag. If he doesn't make that play Dallas loses yesterday.

I'm not taking anything away from Dallas, they played an exceptional game, but I don't want Tony Romo being overrated because Dallas is winning.
    Huh? I must not watch a lot of QBs? I said a large majority of QBs don't have to win games single-handedly the way Romo did for so long. I didn't say NO QBs do it. Obviously the great ones do. What separates Romo from Manning and others is that Manning succeeds more in those circumstances than Romo. But Romo has always had to carry that team, for years and years, always had to win the game by himself and when he didn't, got hammered for it.

LOL @ being bailed out by his WRs. I see you're in full salty mode because your Falcons straight up stink. Enjoy that losing record buddy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Oh my bad. I thouht they had extended him this off season. Douglas is a nice receiver, but he seems expendable right now. He filled in nicely last season while Roddy was busy hating white people as he was hurt nearly all season.
    Roddy was extended, 3/18. He can be cut any point after next year for a cap savings. Only bad contract the Falcons have is Baker, who can't be cut for a savings until after next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I'll say it again, the NFC East is not the worst division in football. Again, looks like that belongs to the NFC South. Bucs, Falcons stinks, Saints haven't shown up, and the Panthers are good, should get better as the season wears on. But I don't think any of those teams are as good as the Cowboys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    If a pick is made after the first round then any team could have had him. Referencing picks like kap/Bowman/Culliver just proves how much better Baalke is than TD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Huh? I must not watch a lot of QBs? I said a large majority of QBs don't have to win games single-handedly the way Romo did for so long. I didn't say NO QBs do it. Obviously the great ones do. What separates Romo from Manning and others is that Manning succeeds more in those circumstances than Romo. But Romo has always had to carry that team, for years and years, always had to win the game by himself and when he didn't, got hammered for it.

LOL @ being bailed out by his WRs. I see you're in full salty mode because your Falcons straight up stink. Enjoy that losing record buddy.
    So many QBs are called to lead there teams. NOt everyone can be Wilson, Dalton or Kaepernick and have stars all around them. Brees, Ryan, Brady, Rivers, Manning, etc. do it much better. ROmo isn't a bum, but he's not as great as Cowboys fans think he is either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts

Zito is delusional about football. It's great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    So many QBs are called to lead there teams. NOt everyone can be Wilson, Dalton or Kaepernick and have stars all around them. Brees, Ryan, Brady, Rivers, Manning, etc. do it much better. ROmo isn't a bum, but he's not as great as Cowboys fans think he is either.
    Ryan has at worst the third best WR in football and you act like he does it all by himself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,471 Posts
    I'll say it again, the NFC East is not the worst division in football. Again, looks like that belongs to the NFC South. Bucs, Falcons stinks, Saints haven't shown up, and the Panthers are good, should get better as the season wears on. But I don't think any of those teams are as good as the Cowboys.
    6 weeks into the season it's hard to paint the full picture. For a comparison, in a much healthier sample, the Braves looked really good in late May.

Dallas could easily start derping things up. And I don't mean a good Phillip Rivers type of derping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    LMAO Ryan. LMAO. Love it man. Homers gonna homer.