Page 644 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 1445445946346426436446456466546947441144 ... LastLast
Results 12,861 to 12,880 of 22998

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Irony
    I'm whining over an unprecedented bad call (bad call is bad enough, the actions immediately following was unprecedented). Yeezus is whining that one of our players was playing in the football game.

I don't blame him. Detroit made that amazing O-Line look pretty bad if you ask me

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    They did play poorly for sure. But the defense getting held on every damn snap was tough to overcome.
    Welcome to the NFL's era of protecting the QB and promoting high scoring offense. Offensive holding penalties have been down and more blatant for years.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,906 Posts
    Wade Phillips the favorite to take the Washington DC position.

I guess Gruden will still be around?
    Ivermectin Man

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    So the hands to the face doesn't matter? If anything it should have been offsetting penalties. But let's not act like one play caused the outcome of the game. There was poor officating throghout on both sides. The Lions played horrible in the 2nd half. They should blame themselves for only scoring 3 points.
    Offensive pass interference happens all the time but is never called for some reason...unless it is blatant as can be. Terrence Williams pushed off on the fade route in the end zone....many of the top WRs never get called for pushing off.

OTOH, defensive pass interference is called if you breathe on the WR and this was far worse than breathing on the WR.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    The roughing the punter call called on the Cowboys but not on the Lions.
    The BS OPI call on Williams when he was pushed into the defender, and the same call not made on Detroit.
    Lions got away with plenty of holding, defensive and offensive.
    Suh not suspended as his dirty, crying ass should have been. Fake ass crying, by the way.
    The Hitchens play was not even PI. Look at the gif below. Please tell me where he interfered. Please tell me a facemask should not be called.
    The only mistake the refs made was announcing the penalty too early. The ref with the best view came in and said there was not enough contact for PI. The flag was thrown for face guarding, which is not a penalty.

http://i.imgur.com/kitYJCd.gifv

The Dallas punter flopped and was pushed into by the Dallas blocker (who also could have been called for hands to the face)

That was clear as day OPI as WIlliams made no attempt to run a route or become a receiver.

Suh should have been suspended.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,810 Posts

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (01-05-2015)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Vinatieri supposedly drug tested after game "randomly"

Made me think. Assuming he plays next season and a bit later he should move into at least 3rd all time scoring and should be an NFL HOF lock. But what team does he go into the Hall with? Is it the Pats where he made "The Kick" If he plays say 2 more years in Indy though, he will have played more years in Indy, and should have more points for Indy than in New England. He averages more PPG in Indy as it is.

Does the NFL let you join as a joint team like MLB?
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I'm whining over an unprecedented bad call (bad call is bad enough, the actions immediately following was unprecedented). Yeezus is whining that one of our players was playing in the football game.

I don't blame him. Detroit made that amazing O-Line look pretty bad if you ask me
    Yet Romo still kept getting up and tore you up in the 2nd half. Outscored 17-3 in the 2nd half. Matty Stafford returned to true Matty Stafford form. Three turnovers. Ref's fault!!! lolololol. Better team won :)
    Suh is dirty and should have been suspended. If the NFL were so0o0o0 concerned about the Cowboys winning they would have left him suspended, because it was easy to justify it with his dirty past. You're also whining about "all of the holding!!!!" How many sacks should they have had, 15? The Lions didn't hold at all either, I'm sure. Go ahead and blame the refs - maybe the organization does, too - and maybe that's why they're the Lions. Zero playoff wins in how long now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    The Dallas punter flopped and was pushed into by the Dallas blocker (who also could have been called for hands to the face)

That was clear as day OPI as WIlliams made no attempt to run a route or become a receiver.

Suh should have been suspended.
    Williams was shoved into the guy, though. And the same exact thing happened with a Detroit receiver and it was let go.
    I'm not debating the running into the kicker call, as much as I think it's the biggest pussy rule in sports. I'm saying ours was run into, too, and it went uncalled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Witten was getting mugged all game, and that holding call on him on the Murray TD was BS. The Cowboys overcame it, though. Better team won the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,810 Posts
    Yet Romo still kept getting up and tore you up in the 2nd half. Outscored 17-3 in the 2nd half. Matty Stafford returned to true Matty Stafford form. Three turnovers. Ref's fault!!! lolololol. Better team won :)
    Suh is dirty and should have been suspended. If the NFL were so0o0o0 concerned about the Cowboys winning they would have left him suspended, because it was easy to justify it with his dirty past. You're also whining about "all of the holding!!!!" How many sacks should they have had, 15? The Lions didn't hold at all either, I'm sure. Go ahead and blame the refs - maybe the organization does, too - and maybe that's why they're the Lions. Zero playoff wins in how long now?
    Don't be so butthurt that your o-line was exposed.

Romo's a great QB. I love him. He and the refs were a tough matchup for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,810 Posts
    Better team won the game.
    That's true. The league rarely loses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    I think it's absurdly stupid to say the Cowboys didn't earn that victory. Even outside that play, the Cowboys were doing a lot more, on both sides of the ball, in the 2nd half. Converted on 4th-and-1 and 4-and-6 against a defense that was kind of beating them up all game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,810 Posts
    The Cowboys played well. But if it wasn't for an unprecedented officiating blunder, they probably don't win the game. Why is that so hard to admit?

We still couldve won regardless. We didn't make the plays to overcome the officiating. That's our fault. Would have been nice for a fair match though. Even still, we significantly outgained them, shut down the running game, and Dallas got away with more holding than i can ever remember. Oh well. Nice to have the breaks fall your way once in a while. Good luck with Green Bay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    The Cowboys played well. But if it wasn't for an unprecedented officiating blunder, they probably don't win the game. Why is that so hard to admit?

We still couldve won regardless. We didn't make the plays to overcome the officiating. That's our fault. Would have been nice for a fair match though. Even still, we significantly outgained them, shut down the running game, and Dallas got away with more holding than i can ever remember. Oh well. Nice to have the breaks fall your way once in a while. Good luck with Green Bay.
    You just sound like a whiner. What did you guys do in the 2nd half? Even that play, that throw was terrible. You did nothing the whole half. We converted two 4th downs, you punted on 4th and 1 in our territory with the season on the line. You played better the first quarter, and then lost every other quarter. Blame one play, but you were outplayed, and that's why they're going home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,810 Posts
    And you sound like a blind Homer. We got outplayed by the officials. The first quarter does count you know.

This is why the entire football world is talking about the tainted victory.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Everyone thought they were going to see the Cowboys get blown out in "classic Cowboy fashion" after that kind of first quarter. After that, they outplayed the Lions up until the controversial moment, and then after as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    And you sound like a blind Homer. We got outplayed by the officials. The first quarter does count you know.

This is why the entire football world is talking about the tainted victory.
    It's also only 1/4 of a game. Leaving 3/4.
    A lot more people are being more reasonable and saying it didn't single-handedly cost them the game. To say that is just whining. You're going home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,810 Posts
    I've said several times we had opportunities to overcome it and failed.

Im aware we're going home. Are you in 3rd grade? Saying that doesn't hurt my feelings. I'm not gilesfan.

Again- congrats to the Cowboys and the league. Hard fought victory. The NFL world is convinced they earned it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    The Lions needed a penalty to bail out an extremely poor throw because they were outplayed for most of the game. Cry all you want, but you lost.