Page 747 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 247647697737745746747748749757797847 ... LastLast
Results 14,921 to 14,940 of 22988

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Lesean McCoy "sucked" = 177 carries for 814 yds and 4 TDs with Sanchez at QB.
    Their OL was healthy at the end of the year, too.
    And yup, they lost a 1300 yd WR, and there's no way they're replacing that talent this late. Unless they draft someone. But they have plenty of holes still.

They got a LBer coming back from an ACL who was on a really talented group, and CB that was also part of a really talented group. This Eagles' defense isn't nearly as talented. A lot more will be on their shoulders. We'll see how they respond.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    oh and sam bradford is their QB. he's either sucking ass or hurt. but at least they have 4 RBs, and 1 WR.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    The eagles playes well with Sanchize at QB, Mccoy playing terrible, and a **** load of offensive line injuries last year. Cant see them running the ball worse. They will find a decent WR/ Matthews will step up. They drasticlaly improved the defense
    Check again. McCoy started the year bad, but finished the year playing as well as he always does. From week 5 til the end of the year, only Murray rushed for more yards. McCoy was averaging over 4.5 yards per carry during that span as well.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Check again. McCoy started the year bad, but finished the year playing as well as he always does. From week 5 til the end of the year, only Murray rushed for more yards. McCoy was averaging over 4.5 yards per carry during that span as well.
    Mccoy was ranked 20 something ranked RB. 4.2 yards per carry. Just bc he ran over 300 times doesnt mean he had a food year.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    No, they wouldn't have. Unless you mean Kaep was injured or something.
    Missing the likes of Bowman, Aldon, Willis, Dorsey, Brock, a few OL and many more changes alot.

They were killed by the injury bug, it's not a huge stretch to think they get in if they get those players back.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyward For This Useful Post:

Krovahn (03-21-2015)

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    I think they probably draft a running back. Dunbar sucks, McFadden is done,a nd Randle can't stop getting arrested. They should find a good one in the 2nd/3rd round. Signing AP would be dumb, though he fits in with the bad boy culture of the team.

Dez is obviously good. Romo and Witten are probably on the downside of their careers. What WRs other than Dez are playmakers? Beasley and Williams graded out poorly last year. Hardy, if he plays, will help the defense, but they also need drastic improvements on that side.

Eagles are obviously going to be good again.

The Giants will be a real threat next year. They have a sick WR tandem in Randle/OBJ. Andre Williams likely makes a big jump this year as well. I think they probably attack OL in the draft and that is one spot that have to be concerned about.
    Romo is coming off one of the best years of his career, and could have arguably been MVP, check the numbers.

Behind that monster of an OL, they can plug and play anyone and produce.

Beasley is a monster in the slot, i like TWill but he is a little inconsistent.

Obviously you're biased towards Dallas since you like Was and thats cool but they're easily division favorites right now.

Skins are the Skins.

Giants could surprise or float around .500 again.

Eagles made some interesting moves, could work out, could not.

But at this point, hard to not pick Dallas for the division.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Missing the likes of Bowman, Aldon, Willis, Dorsey, Brock, a few OL and many more changes alot.

They were killed by the injury bug, it's not a huge stretch to think they get in if they get those players back.
    Or they could have still missed. NFL NEVER has a fully healthy lineup. Niners were hurt a lot, especially on defense. They had the second most missed games on defense, But produced a more efficient defensive season than last year. So maybe the guys they lost weren't the worst to lose.

Also ALdon wasn't injured, he was stupid, can't fix that.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Mccoy was ranked 20 something ranked RB. 4.2 yards per carry. Just bc he ran over 300 times doesnt mean he had a food year.
    It's like you didn't read my post at all.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts

Those areas weren't the weak spots on their team though. To thethe's credit, the Niners did have great depth last year. They lost because they couldn't score points when they needed to. That's mostly on Kaep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts

How much better does the defense get? It was better with the replacement players per a post below yours. So, I am not sure how that helps the offense which was the downfall?
    Ivermectin Man

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    It's like you didn't read my post at all.
    Its like I didn't cherry pick at all.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Watching film of Beasley. I think he's the best edge rusher in the draft.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Watching film of Beasley. I think he's the best edge rusher in the draft.
    What's great about the Falcons position is best case they get Beasley, worst case they get Gregory. There's virtually no way they don't wind up with a guy who should be a double digit sack producer if healthy.

I think the only guy the Falcons ahve no shot at now is Fowler as most mocks I've seen have him going first for the rushers.

Draft day will be interesting, could see 3 rushers taken before Atlanta, could see one. I think Jacksonville taking one is a virtual given. Assuming he's there I also think that Williams to Oakland is a given. Bears are seemingly a lock for Kevin White if he's there. Redskins I'd say likely take Sheriff. But who knows what will change between here and draft day. None of the top players are truly great fits for them, so I think they'll take who they view as the best player and fit.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    What's great about the Falcons position is best case they get Beasley, worst case they get Gregory. There's virtually no way they don't wind up with a guy who should be a double digit sack producer if healthy.

I think the only guy the Falcons ahve no shot at now is Fowler as most mocks I've seen have him going first for the rushers.

Draft day will be interesting, could see 3 rushers taken before Atlanta, could see one. I think Jacksonville taking one is a virtual given. Assuming he's there I also think that Williams to Oakland is a given. Bears are seemingly a lock for Kevin White if he's there. Redskins I'd say likely take Sheriff. But who knows what will change between here and draft day. None of the top players are truly great fits for them, so I think they'll take who they view as the best player and fit.
    I would be shocked if the Skins took Sheriff.

There are the 2 QBs that possibly go top 5 plus elite talent in Beasley, Fowler, Williams, (possibly Shelton), and White. I think all others are a notch below. I dont' see the Skins passing on the best player available.

That is 6-7 players right there and Sherrif is not top 7, imo. At this point:

TB- Winson
    Ten- I think we may see a trade here from Mariotta once Winston comes off board
    Jax- Fowler
    Oak- Williams
    Wash- Beasley
    NYJ- Ray
    Chi- White
    Atl- Gregory

Though I feel like Shelton should go in here somewhere.
    Last edited by gilesfan; 03-20-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Romo is coming off one of the best years of his career, and could have arguably been MVP, check the numbers.

Behind that monster of an OL, they can plug and play anyone and produce.

Beasley is a monster in the slot, i like TWill but he is a little inconsistent.

Obviously you're biased towards Dallas since you like Was and thats cool but they're easily division favorites right now.

Skins are the Skins.

Giants could surprise or float around .500 again.

Eagles made some interesting moves, could work out, could not.

But at this point, hard to not pick Dallas for the division.
    Yeah man, I love the Giants and Eagles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I've seen similar mocks. I don't think Tennessee will trade out. I think they'll take Mariota. They'd love to trade out but I dont think anyone is busting down the doors to trade their entire future for him. Only teams near the top who may consider a QB are NYJ and Chicago.

When you look at 3-10

Jacksonville just took Bortles
    Oakland just took Carr
    Washington recently traded their whole draft for RG3
    Jets and Bears I said are maybies, Bears just shelled out a ****ton of money for Cutler though so I can't imagine them being serious, Jets probably should trade up, but they seem content to keep trying out Geno Smith and focusing on building the defense again
    Falcons wouldn't trade up to 2 for Mariota. Maybe if the cost was really low they'd move that high to get the edge rusher they want but I'm sure they're happy where they are.
    Giants have Eli
    Rams just got Foles.

Even extrapolating further down

Vikings just took Bridgewater
    Browns just took Manziel
    Saints have Brees
    Dolphins have Tannehill
    Niners have Kaepernick
    Texans would be the first team I'd say has a need for a QB for sure. Other teams may have a moderate interest. Texans are the first team I'd say for sure have a need and interest. But they're not gonna trade everything to move up to 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Looking at the Falcons offensive depth chart

WR 1 -Julio
    WR 2 - Roddy
    TE - Tamme (figure it will happen, as he's a receiving TE who can actually catch)
    QB - Ryan
    FB - DiMarco
    HB - Freeman

Overall a solid group of skill players. TE still is an issue but not one I'm willing to put all the eggs in the basket of.

LT - Matthews
    LG - Gunn
    C - Hawley
    RG - Asamoah
    RT - Schraeder

Maybe Baker pushes out Schraeder, we'll see. But I see a gaping hole at LG. Maybe Gunn will succeed in zone blocking, who knows. What I do know though, is I don't like the prospect of him starting LG. I think taking someone kind of early would help Atlanta.

Looking at the draft from my perspective. First round has to go to an edge rusher. It just has to. Second round should go to BPA at a position of semi need. I consider those to be safety, LB, HB, OG, and TE. I think it will be LB if I had to guess. And then do the same throughout the rest of the draft. Just keep takign the BPA who's a fit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Looking at the Falcons offensive depth chart

WR 1 -Julio
    WR 2 - Roddy
    TE - Tamme (figure it will happen, as he's a receiving TE who can actually catch)
    QB - Ryan
    FB - DiMarco
    HB - Freeman

Overall a solid group of skill players. TE still is an issue but not one I'm willing to put all the eggs in the basket of.

LT - Matthews
    LG - Gunn
    C - Hawley
    RG - Asamoah
    RT - Schraeder

Maybe Baker pushes out Schraeder, we'll see. But I see a gaping hole at LG. Maybe Gunn will succeed in zone blocking, who knows. What I do know though, is I don't like the prospect of him starting LG. I think taking someone kind of early would help Atlanta.

Looking at the draft from my perspective. First round has to go to an edge rusher. It just has to. Second round should go to BPA at a position of semi need. I consider those to be safety, LB, HB, OG, and TE. I think it will be LB if I had to guess. And then do the same throughout the rest of the draft. Just keep takign the BPA who's a fit.
    I would think any of the signings and James Stone should have a better shot at LG or even Baker for that matter. Fwiw I think that is where Baker is moved for now.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Fair point. Baker seems a little too tall and not big enough for guard though. But Ryan is an above average height QB he should be able to deal. Still think they should draft one in the 2nd or 3rd if they get top value at that pick.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Its like I didn't cherry pick at all.
    He was the 2nd best rusher in the league from week 5 on to the end of the season. And when Sachez took over, McCoy was playing fantastic.

Those are facts.
    Last edited by Carp; 03-20-2015 at 06:46 PM.