Page 856 of 1148 FirstFirst ... 356756806846854855856857858866906956 ... LastLast
Results 17,101 to 17,120 of 22943

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Peyton had 2 TDs as well. And more importantly, zero turnovers. No one said Peyton was phenomenal, but he did, in fact, play well. Certainly 10 times than Brady.

And when the pressure was on and Brady needed a 2 point conversion to tie the game, he throws his 3rd INT of the game. It's amazing how you forget that little factoid.
    Brady had 2 huge 4th down conversions. Was there no pressure there?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Speaking of QBs:

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Do people realize he had 9 td/17 int? He was awful. But, he won because he had the best defense in football. (That outscored the offense for a portion of year). They didnt win because of veteran leadership.
    It's always a combination. Peyton Manning was not good this year. However, no one can argue that he is very, very good at getting his team into the right play. Being a QB, especially when you're Peyton Manning, is more than simply throwing the ball.

He was not great these last two weeks, no doubt. But he was good enough. The defense has been incredible, which is a huge reason for their success. But I don't think the Broncos are in the Super Bowl with Osweiler at QB these last two weeks. Not turning the ball over has been really, really big for them.

Peyton Manning has not been awful in the playoffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    Do people realize he had 9 td/17 int? He was awful. But, he won because he had the best defense in football. (That outscored the offense for a portion of year). They didnt win because of veteran leadership.
    My point is that he can't choke because he already isn't good. If he plays bad it's because he is bad, not because of the pressure of the game.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,519 Posts
    Peyton had 2 TDs as well. And more importantly, zero turnovers. No one said Peyton was phenomenal, but he did, in fact, play well. Certainly 10 times than Brady.

And when the pressure was on and Brady needed a 2 point conversion to tie the game, he throws his 3rd INT of the game. It's amazing how you forget that little factoid.
    He didn't throw an INT, it was an extra point.

Brady was under pressure the entire game, because his O-line couldn't hold their own dicks. Manning threw two touchdown passes thanks to his defense giving him great field position. Amazing how you forget that little factoid.

In no universe did Manning outplay Brady, and certainly not 10 more.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Considering the number of times Brady got full credit for winning while his OL let him sit in the pocket without getting touched, I'm going to have to hold off on giving him a complete pass just because he did get hit in this one.

Obviously his OL didn't play well, and he got hit a ton, but you can't get all the credit and none of the blame. So yes, Manning did outplay Brady in that game. It's ok to say.

And Manning did get one TD with a short field, but he still threw a great pass to Daniels on the play. And they drove 83 yards on the other TD possession, 60 of those through the air.

Manning is no longer a great or even good QB, and he isn't really even an average one anymore, but he still brings you good qualities. He was really bad throwing the ball most of the year, but he played ok yesterday and made some big plays.
    Last edited by smootness; 01-26-2016 at 01:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,519 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Considering the number of times Brady got full credit for winning while his OL let him sit in the pocket without getting touched, I'm going to have to hold off on giving him a complete pass just because he did get hit in this one.

Obviously his OL didn't play well, and he got hit a ton, but you can't get all the credit and none of the blame. So yes, Manning did outplay Brady in that game. It's ok to say.

And Manning did get one TD with a short field, but he still threw a great pass to Daniels on the play. And they drove 83 yards on the other TD possession, 60 of those through the air.

Manning is no longer a great or even good QB, and he isn't really even an average one anymore, but he still brings you good qualities. He was really bad throwing the ball most of the year, but he played ok yesterday and made some big plays.
    It's not okay to say, because it's false.

And Brady has always been among the league leaders in getting rid of the ball quickly. Either way, that has nothing to do with the here and now.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    He didn't throw an INT, it was an extra point.

Brady was under pressure the entire game, because his O-line couldn't hold their own dicks. Manning threw two touchdown passes thanks to his defense giving him great field position. Amazing how you forget that little factoid.

In no universe did Manning outplay Brady, and certainly not 10 more.

LMAO!! Whether he was credited with an INT or not is irrelevant. Did the defense catch his last pass or no?

Manning did outplay Brady. In every universe. Brady turned the ball overy twice on two terrible throws and choked in the red zone all game until the last minute.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts

You do realize that they aren't interceptions on 2 point conversions or are you going to keep saying it?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    You're an idiot.
    Can you tell me how either Brady or Manning were good then? Peyton had bad numbers and missed several wide open guys for big plays.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Brady had 2 huge 4th down conversions. Was there no pressure there?
    Why do people even bring up "clutch" or not? Cam hasn't been clutch in the playoffs bc they have been up by 4 touchdowns in the first half. That is better than being terrible all game and then having a late TD pass.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    It's always a combination. Peyton Manning was not good this year. However, no one can argue that he is very, very good at getting his team into the right play. Being a QB, especially when you're Peyton Manning, is more than simply throwing the ball.

He was not great these last two weeks, no doubt. But he was good enough. The defense has been incredible, which is a huge reason for their success. But I don't think the Broncos are in the Super Bowl with Osweiler at QB these last two weeks. Not turning the ball over has been really, really big for them.

Peyton Manning has not been awful in the playoffs.
    They have one of the worst offenses from a team competing in the super bowl in history. If he's getting them "in the right play call," why is it they aren't doing well in their plays? He's missing wide open guys all day long. They had 244 yards total vs. the Patriots on 62 plays. THey had 324 yards on 70 plays vs. the Steelers. People gave Trent Dilfer all types of **** for what he did for the Ravens, he at least moved the ball through the air when given the chance.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts

There was no one even close to Daniels on that "great pass." (on either TD)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    You do realize that they aren't interceptions on 2 point conversions or are you going to keep saying it?

Whether or not they are credited as INT's in the final stat line is irrelevant. He had a chance to tie the game and send it to OT and the pass he threw was caught by a player on the opposite team.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Can you tell me how either Brady or Manning were good then? Peyton had bad numbers and missed several wide open guys for big plays.
    Saying he wasn't terrible =/= saying he was good. He protected the ball and moved TD ball downfield for 2 scores.

I counted roughly 3 passes in which he clearly missed a wide open receiver. But I also counted at least 3 more where the receivers dropped the ball and another one where Sanders stopped his route short and the ball was overthrown.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    There was no one even close to Daniels on that "great pass." (on either TD)

LMAO, you're just trolling now.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...for-12-yard-TD

Defender was right there with Daniels and Peyton puts a beautiful pass in the back corner of the endzone where only Daniels can make a play on it. So just stop with that crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,519 Posts
    Whether or not they are credited as INT's in the final stat line is irrelevant. He had a chance to tie the game and send it to OT and the pass he threw was caught by a player on the opposite team.
    He had no chance on that play.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Saying he wasn't terrible =/= saying he was good. He protected the ball and moved TD ball downfield for 2 scores.

I counted roughly 3 passes in which he clearly missed a wide open receiver. But I also counted at least 3 more where the receivers dropped the ball and another one where Sanders stopped his route short and the ball was overthrown.
    He moved the ball downfield on 1 drive for 83 yards and a TD.

The others:

48 (30 yard running play)

15 drives total
    9 drives of 5 yards or less. (including kneeldown)
    The other 6 were 16, 23, 34, 41, 48, 83

Furthermore, you highlight the dropped receptions; how many dropped INTs were there? (at the very least 2)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    LMAO, you're just trolling now.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...for-12-yard-TD

Defender was right there with Daniels and Peyton puts a beautiful pass in the back corner of the endzone where only Daniels can make a play on it. So just stop with that crap.
    Daniels had the defender completely biten on the double move. As you can see the defender is almost to the numbers while Daniels is running free on the sideline. The defender doesn't even come close to the ball even despite the duck that Peyton through that gave him a chance to break somewhat on the ball.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    They both played like **** and Manning played slightly less ****ty