Page 869 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 369769819859867868869870871879919969 ... LastLast
Results 17,361 to 17,380 of 22978

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Lot of folks saying Dodd will go before Lawson. I could still see that or WR in the first if the right player was there. I agree that LB is probably the biggest need after FA. Safety as well... Joseph is a monster at SS if a bit undersized but the guy can make plays. Can be had much later.
    If Ragland is gone before ATL, I'd trade back. WE can get a good player in the 20s at LB or DE who's not a top talent.

One ****ty mock had us taking Bullard. With our current crop of DEs, taking a 3-4 DE seems dumb. Really dumb. Especially since in said Mock, Lawson of Ogbah were on the board still. If that's what happens with the Falcons it will be a dumb first round pick.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    If Ragland is gone before ATL, I'd trade back. WE can get a good player in the 20s at LB or DE who's not a top talent.

One ****ty mock had us taking Bullard. With our current crop of DEs, taking a 3-4 DE seems dumb. Really dumb. Especially since in said Mock, Lawson of Ogbah were on the board still. If that's what happens with the Falcons it will be a dumb first round pick.
    Agreed, I'm not really fired up about Ragland though. Concerned he may have to come off the field too much
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Raiders have the NFL's best O Line now?

So says PFF. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-line-in-2016/

Murray would be a good name for fantasy purposes next year. I like what the Falcons have done having big talent at both tackles and C. Guard can be "plug and play" to an extent on the OL.

My .02 I'd like to see us sign Dansby.
    Last edited by Tapate50; 03-17-2016 at 08:11 AM.
    Ivermectin Man

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,814 Posts
    Reports coming out that former New Orleans Saints DE Will Smith has been shot to death.

Edit: Now confirmed by The New Orleans Times Picayne. Unreal. Prayers to his family and the Saints.
    Last edited by CrimsonCowboy; 04-10-2016 at 01:12 AM.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    And thats why I drive around New Orleans.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Reports coming out that former New Orleans Saints DE Will Smith has been shot to death.

Edit: Now confirmed by The New Orleans Times Picayne. Unreal. Prayers to his family and the Saints.
    Over roadrage too. This is why I want harsher penalties for crimes committed with a gun. Even though this is second degree murder by the book, it should be bumped up to a capital offense because of the gun. If he didn't have a gun or used his brain, no one would have died.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Over roadrage too. This is why I want harsher penalties for crimes committed with a gun. Even though this is second degree murder by the book, it should be bumped up to a capital offense because of the gun. If he didn't have a gun or used his brain, no one would have died.
    guns don't kill people.

they just make it a helluva lot easier to.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I would sit back and let the facts play out. I would be really surprised if this was simply a fender bender gone bad.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    So the Rams just gave up their franchise to get the top overall pick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Good NESS. Wow.
    Ivermectin Man

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    I would sit back and let the facts play out. I would be really surprised if this was simply a fender bender gone bad.

And you are correct.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    So the Rams just gave up their franchise to get the top overall pick
    Rams had too. Thier offense sucks and they're in a new stadium and new market. I imagine thier coach and GM will be fired if they suck agAin this year, so they did would have They have to do to improve now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I dont think its that bad of trade. In fact I think it could work out very well for both teams. The Titans have their QB and need depth around him so obviously this is great for them. For the Rams they have a good team outside of QB. If they are making this trade then they like one of the QB's and think he will be a franchise QB. Wont be surprised if these 2 teams face each other in a super bowl in a few years.

It’s over."

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    THe problem I have with this trade is that this years draft is great on spots other than QB and you have the Rams trade a bunch of picks for a small school QB. If the prospect was an elite prospect, I could see it, but I don't think any of the QBs are that great. I mean, this is an awesome draft class.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    THe problem I have with this trade is that this years draft is great on spots other than QB and you have the Rams trade a bunch of picks for a small school QB. If the prospect was an elite prospect, I could see it, but I don't think any of the QBs are that great. I mean, this is an awesome draft class.
    Can't find fault with this opinion at all. Only reservation is you have to go get a QB. Can't really win in the league without one... Rams are proof of that...and yet they are solid elsewhere other than WR.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I dont think its that bad of trade. In fact I think it could work out very well for both teams. The Titans have their QB and need depth around him so obviously this is great for them. For the Rams they have a good team outside of QB. If they are making this trade then they like one of the QB's and think he will be a franchise QB. Wont be surprised if these 2 teams face each other in a super bowl in a few years.
    The problem with that is that depth in the NFL is fleeting, especially for the Rams who have already lost a lot of players over the off season. They now have to fill those roles with low tier free agents, late round picks, or even undrafted free agents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    For the value of the pick (number 1 etc.) it wasn't a ton to give up.

St. Louis traded pick number 15, 43, 45, and 76 this year and their first and 3rd round picks the following year. Now if the Rams suck, the Titans make out. The Rams failed with their picks and life goes on. They got back pick 1, 113, and 177. Pick 177 is basically worthless and pick 113 holds little value but could be negligible with the 3rd round pick they gave up.

This is not the RG3 trade where the Skins traded 3 ones and a 2 (and a 3?) to move up from 6 to 2. But neither Wentz or Goff are as exciting of a prospect as RG3 or Luck (I mean maybe the Colts wouldn't have drafted Luck but we knew that was very likely) So there is that fact that the 2 that yaer had more value than the 1 this year for that reason, but in the end the play of the pick will determine if the trade was good or not.

We look back at times teams have traded a haul to move up.

1. RG3 Trade - Obvious big win for St. Louis in terms of value of players, Skins got a winning season, and that was it.
    2. Julio Trade - Obvious big win for Falcons, icing on the cake aside from them getting arguably the best WR in the NFL was that the Browns drafted pretty much no one of any significance with their picks
    3. Ricky Williams Trade - most insane trade ever, in the end the Redskins wound up with Champ Bailey, Lavar Arrington, Derek Smith, and Lloyd Harrison. Which is an obvious win for the skins with Champ being one of the better corners to ever play the game and the Saints only getting 3 seasons and about 3000 yards and 16 TDs. WIlliams was then traded for more picks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    The problem with that is that depth in the NFL is fleeting, especially for the Rams who have already lost a lot of players over the off season. They now have to fill those roles with low tier free agents, late round picks, or even undrafted free agents.
    Its all going to depend on how the QB they draft turns out. If he is a franchise QB this is a huge win for both teams, if that QB turns into RG3 then its a franchise devastating move for the Rams. All depends on making the right pick.

I am a big fan of building the team first then bringing in a top QB prospect rather than putting a top QB prospect on a bad team, especially a bad OLine.
    Last edited by cajunrevenge; 04-14-2016 at 09:56 PM.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    C2C is 100% right, depth is fleeting. Unless you're the Pats who somehow always draft/sign the right guys.

First think to success in the NFL is a QB. Any team with prolonged success has a top half QB. You don't need a star, but you need someone capable. Rarely does a top 10 QB play on a consistently losing team.

Next thing you need is an offense that utilizes that QB. Sounds dumb, but if you have Cam Newton, you wouldn't play him like Matt Ryan.

After that it's building up your lines, strong offensive and defensive lines win games. No better example for this is the New York Football Giants. They won 2 superbowls on the back of their defensive lines shredding the Pats.

After that it's having a handful of premium talents. This is where your number 1 WR, star safeties and corners, etc. come into play.