Page 874 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 374774824864872873874875876884924974 ... LastLast
Results 17,461 to 17,480 of 22963

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Cowboys must have loved our draft.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/...886.1466273471
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    It's really sad how the market works. Ray Rice was "made an example of" by the NFL executives who won't sign him after his domestic violence issue. Which is largely fine, but how can you hold that standard and then give Greg Hardy looks? Dallas paid him 3M to play a handful of games. Ray Rice is going as far as to offer to donate his whole salary to roster just to have a shot at a team signing him.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    It's really sad how the market works. Ray Rice was "made an example of" by the NFL executives who won't sign him after his domestic violence issue. Which is largely fine, but how can you hold that standard and then give Greg Hardy looks? Dallas paid him 3M to play a handful of games. Ray Rice is going as far as to offer to donate his whole salary to roster just to have a shot at a team signing him.
    One could still play and the other can't. Rice would probably have been signed a year or so ago without the issue, but that plus his 3.0 YPC is what doomed him. That's the last look we got at him; the last look at Hardy was a dominant pass rusher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    One could still play and the other can't. Rice would probably have been signed a year or so ago without the issue, but that plus his 3.0 YPC is what doomed him. That's the last look we got at him; the last look at Hardy was a dominant pass rusher.
    I agree. A RB thats production could easily be replaced via mid round draft pick or a media **** storm and low production? Easy choice imo.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Just read where the Falcons may have 5 rookies see major time this season. Neal at SS, Jones at LB (nickel), Hooper at TE (although he is behind because of graduation), The OG we drafted late, and Campbell the OLB we got from Minn that looks the part has apparently been a quick study.

I don't think we will be ready to threaten Carolina for another year, but its coming.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I think NOLA is in for another long year on D. The offense is rebuilt with Fleener and Cooks etc.... and will move the ball fine though. Makes them dangerous at home.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I'm not disagreeing that Ray Rice is not effective now. But why didn't anyone sign him in 2014? Yes he wasn't amazing in 2013, but he was one more year removed from a very strong year and 2 years removed from leading the entire NFL in Yards from Scrimmage. Rice was a "broken" commodity, as a fading RB. Unlike Hardy he's been repentant and working with the cause. He's not a total **** bag. But Hardy gets chances because of talent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,737 Posts
    Brees is going to get hurt this year. Not rooting for it but I wouldnt mind him taking a Hawaii vacation for the month of November rather than go through that meat grinder.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Brees is going to get hurt this year. Not rooting for it but I wouldnt mind him taking a Hawaii vacation for the month of November rather than go through that meat grinder.

STFU puke stain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports suspended Cowboys RE Randy Gregory has again violated the league's substance-abuse policy, and is facing a longer suspension.
    ESPN's Ed Werder reported earlier Tuesday that Gregory was headed to drug treatment instead of Cowboys camp. Now we know why. It's a sadly unsurprising development for a player who entered the league with lots of questions about his off-the-field habits. It's probably best assumed that he won't see the field in 2016, which is devastating news for the Cowboys' wafer-thin front seven. Owner Jerry Jones could be getting awful tempted to give free agent Greg Hardy a call.

I mean, the Cowboys hits just keep coming.

Ol' Jer is finally getting his due from enabling some guy with character issues.

Meanwhile, reports are that the SKINS(HA!) are considering signing Hardy.
    Ivermectin Man

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports suspended Cowboys RE Randy Gregory has again violated the league's substance-abuse policy, and is facing a longer suspension.
    ESPN's Ed Werder reported earlier Tuesday that Gregory was headed to drug treatment instead of Cowboys camp. Now we know why. It's a sadly unsurprising development for a player who entered the league with lots of questions about his off-the-field habits. It's probably best assumed that he won't see the field in 2016, which is devastating news for the Cowboys' wafer-thin front seven. Owner Jerry Jones could be getting awful tempted to give free agent Greg Hardy a call.

I mean, the Cowboys hits just keep coming.

Ol' Jer is finally getting his due from enabling some guy with character issues.

Meanwhile, reports are that the SKINS(HA!) are considering signing Hardy.
    The report is they are having internal discussions about it, which is basically what they should do. Discuss how to replace Galette. I hate Hardy and I hope he doesnt sign and I don't expect him to. He doesn't even really fit their style of defense, anyways.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    This will always be the case. Every team's draft board will indicate they got great value throughout the draft...because they're drafting according to that board.

Every player drafted will be BPA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    But Hardy gets chances because of talent.
    exactly. so I'm not sure what you're confused about. Rice was fading. Hardy could still put up 10+ sacks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    exactly. so I'm not sure what you're confused about. Rice was fading. Hardy could still put up 10+ sacks.
    But Hardy also was much much sketchier than Rice. As Rice knocked out his girl in one blow in a fight where she attacked first, Hardy threw Holder all around (including onto a couch covered with Assault rifles) and choked her, and was unrepentant.

If the reason for Rice not to be on teams was domestic violence then Hardy certainly shouldn't be playing. It sets Rice up as a total goat and therefor everyone else is OK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    But Hardy also was much much sketchier than Rice. As Rice knocked out his girl in one blow in a fight where she attacked first, Hardy threw Holder all around (including onto a couch covered with Assault rifles) and choked her, and was unrepentant.

If the reason for Rice not to be on teams was domestic violence then Hardy certainly shouldn't be playing. It sets Rice up as a total goat and therefor everyone else is OK.
    It simply comes down to ability to produce. RBs that can put up 3.0 YPC are a dime a dozen, buy 10 get 10 free. Guys that cannot put up 10+ sacks rare and therefore much more valuable. A RB with a 3.0 YPC + a DV case is a goner. A 10+ sack guy, even with a worse DV situation, will get an opportunity. After his year in Dallas, most teams are far less willing to give him a shot. I'm thinking it's partly due to his lack of remorse in any way, shape, or form after it was proven beyond a doubt, but also due to the type of teammate he was. If the Cowboys won't touch you with a 10-foot pole, you done ****ed up. They got an up close look and determined that whatever talent he may have left isn't worth it to them.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This will always be the case. Every team's draft board will indicate they got great value throughout the draft...because they're drafting according to that board.

Every player drafted will be BPA.
    I'm not sure what you are saying. Based on the Cowboys board, the Redskins had a hell of a draft.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Jets finally agree with Fitz. One year 12 million guaranteed. They would be foolish to not have him.
    Last edited by NinersSBChamps; 07-27-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Reports on the rookies Campbell, Jones, and Hooper are postive a few weeks into camp. Especially Campbell.

Also, everyone is raving about Tevin Coleman so far. He may force his way to a split in that backfield at the very least.
    Ivermectin Man

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Reports on the rookies Campbell, Jones, and Hooper are postive a few weeks into camp. Especially Campbell.

Also, everyone is raving about Tevin Coleman so far. He may force his way to a split in that backfield at the very least.

I think he's the more talented back between the two. He was playing fine until he got hurt last season. Had some fumbling issues which didn't help his cause either.