Page 9 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 789101119591095091009 ... LastLast

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Haha did he actually say that? Man Sims is a bigger retard than I thought.
    But man that is one qualified retard..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRule View Post
    The same Phil Sims who said Andrew Luck couldn't make NFL throws? That guy?
    said he doesnt have nfl top arm strength. I havent watched enough of Luck. Does he?

You should be truthful in the quote. Sims said he couldnt make BIGTIME NFL throws.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Five scouts who have closely watched Luck were asked to discuss him, and they agreed to do so on the condition they not be identified. The overall consensus was the love-fest -- except for one thing.
    Scouts maintain Luck's arm strength is a bigger issue than generally known. While he hits touch passes with great accuracy, some throws requiring a lot of power don't always reach their targets.
    "It's not a mild concern," said a scout. "It's a little more than that."
    Scouts say there are several examples on film of Luck putting a lot of effort into a deep pass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Five scouts who have closely watched Luck were asked to discuss him, and they agreed to do so on the condition they not be identified. The overall consensus was the love-fest -- except for one thing.
    Scouts maintain Luck's arm strength is a bigger issue than generally known. While he hits touch passes with great accuracy, some throws requiring a lot of power don't always reach their targets.
    "It's not a mild concern," said a scout. "It's a little more than that."
    Scouts say there are several examples on film of Luck putting a lot of effort into a deep pass
    Just like that bum Matt Ryan right!

When will guys learn that having a cannon isn't important. There's a reason why guys with not spectacular arms but amazing heads (Brees, Brady, Peyton) are almost always in the top of QBs but guys with big arms aren't. Sure you'd love a total package, but if Luck had a spectacular arm, it wouldn't be fair. He'd be like a character created for Madden.

Luck has plenty of arm strength to make every necessary throw and that's what really matters. The best QBs in the NFL don't go deep very often (typically 80% or so of their passes are under 20 yards)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

AUTiger7222 (07-17-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts

When will guys learn that having a cannon isn't important. There's a reason why guys with not spectacular arms but amazing heads (Brees, Brady, Peyton) are almost always in the top of QBs but guys with big arms aren't. Sure you'd love a total package, but if Luck had a spectacular arm, it wouldn't be fair. He'd be like a character created for Madden.

Luck has plenty of arm strength to make every necessary throw and that's what really matters. The best QBs in the NFL don't go deep very often (typically 80% or so of their passes are under 20 yards)
    Which is fine. I don't disagree with you. I just posted that to ensure proper context into what Sims said. BRules quoting was misleading.

You obviously don't need everything but when you do you are special like Rodgers. I also think Brady's arm strength has been underrated forever. That guy has a cannon. He won't be confused with the top of all time but I don't think its fair to lump him in with Brees/Manning.

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Go Dolphins!

That is all.

:)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by molankuma View Post
    Go Dolphins!

That is all.

:)
    Meh, maybe you shouldn't post more!

Creepy Lurking Stalker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Meh, maybe you shouldn't post more!
    Haha. I'm a dolphins fan (grew up a fan of them, just like grew up a fan of the braves) living in Indianapolis. Week 2 will be interesting for me when the Dolphins visit the Colts (gonna go to that game with family).

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts

Brady and Peyton can gun it in a tight spot if they need to.

They also have two of the prettiest deep balls ever (Peyton's lack of spiral is what people laugh about).

As for Brees, he may not have hte most arm strength, but his accuracy is uncanny.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by molankuma View Post
    Haha. I'm a dolphins fan (grew up a fan of them, just like grew up a fan of the braves) living in Indianapolis. Week 2 will be interesting for me when the Dolphins visit the Colts (gonna go to that game with family).
    Thats awesome. Football is such a great sport. You have a lot to be excited about this year. I think Tannehill has all the physical tools to become a top QB. Not sure where his head is at but the two games I saw last year I was impressed. That should be a great game.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Luck has a ****ing cannon, whoever said he doesn't have a strong arm needs to get their head checked.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Saw on twitter world some people saying Ryan's new deal will be around 18-22 million a year, maybe will trump Flacco's deal.

Just ridiculous some of the contracts QB's are getting now.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Which is fine. I don't disagree with you. I just posted that to ensure proper context into what Sims said. BRules quoting was misleading.

You obviously don't need everything but when you do you are special like Rodgers. I also think Brady's arm strength has been underrated forever. That guy has a cannon. He won't be confused with the top of all time but I don't think its fair to lump him in with Brees/Manning.
    I agree on Brady's arm strength, but...

Peyton has never had elite arm strength but when he needs to, he can fit it in a tight window when he needs too and pump it up.

Same with Brees, but both of them have absolutely insane accuracy, some of the throws they make are insane. Brees arm strength is a little underrated though, above average imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Luck has a ****ing cannon, whoever said he doesn't have a strong arm needs to get their head checked.
    Well there were plenty of scouts around draft time that said he didn't have elite arm strength and thats all Simms was saying.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Thats awesome. Football is such a great sport. You have a lot to be excited about this year. I think Tannehill has all the physical tools to become a top QB. Not sure where his head is at but the two games I saw last year I was impressed. That should be a great game.
    Would be nice if they unseated the Cheaters, but unlikely.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Well there were plenty of scouts around draft time that said he didn't have elite arm strength and thats all Simms was saying.
    Well, depends what your meaning of elite arm strength is.

I'd say Stafford/Flacco/Rodgers have elite-level arm strength.

Luck has a very strong arm, certainly not weak or a noodle arm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Well, depends what your meaning of elite arm strength is.

I'd say Stafford/Flacco/Rodgers have elite-level arm strength.

Luck has a very strong arm, certainly not weak or a noodle arm.
    Nobody ever said he had a weak arm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    “But the one thing I don’t see, I just don’t see big time NFL throws. I don’t care what anybody says. I’ve watched a lot of him. He never takes it and rips it in there. And you can say what you want but, man, you’ve got to be able to crease that ball every once in a while. We see it every week in these games. Hey, he can develop it but even in the USC game, you know, he’s very careful with it, guides it a lot, Rich. That’s what I see. There’s not a lot of rotation on the ball and there’s not a tremendous amount of power. Not that you need to have that power arm. I’m not saying you’ve got to have that exclusively but, man, it sure helps when you can do that because there’s four or five plays a game it is about arm strength. And sometimes quarterbacks who don’t have it, they pass those plays up. Why? Well, they go, ‘I don’t know if I can make that throw,’ so they throw it short. That’s why I’m a little more reserved in my judgment than everybody else.”

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY LULZ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRule View Post
    “But the one thing I don’t see, I just don’t see big time NFL throws. I don’t care what anybody says. I’ve watched a lot of him. He never takes it and rips it in there. And you can say what you want but, man, you’ve got to be able to crease that ball every once in a while. We see it every week in these games. Hey, he can develop it but even in the USC game, you know, he’s very careful with it, guides it a lot, Rich. That’s what I see. There’s not a lot of rotation on the ball and there’s not a tremendous amount of power. Not that you need to have that power arm. I’m not saying you’ve got to have that exclusively but, man, it sure helps when you can do that because there’s four or five plays a game it is about arm strength. And sometimes quarterbacks who don’t have it, they pass those plays up. Why? Well, they go, ‘I don’t know if I can make that throw,’ so they throw it short. That’s why I’m a little more reserved in my judgment than everybody else.”

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY LULZ
    Where is weak arm in there? You don't think I read that quote this morning after your post?