Page 1026 of 1148 FirstFirst ... 26526926976101610241025102610271028103610761126 ... LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,520 of 22942

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Falcons are a QB and unsuspended Ridley away from an electric offense. Hopefully they suck enough and what QB they draft is legit.
    Mariotta has been really good.

Ridley have a 10 cent head really sucks.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Mariotta has been really good.

Ridley have a 10 cent head really sucks.
    Mariotta isn't a good QB though. He's a good filler QB. A 50-60 QBR type I want more of a 65-75 type like Ryan used to be. You can win games with a Mariotta, but you probably won't win a championship. That's kind of how you wind up like the Jets or Bengals , just kind of toiling around for years.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,287 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Mariotta isn't a good QB though. He's a good filler QB. A 50-60 QBR type I want more of a 65-75 type like Ryan used to be. You can win games with a Mariotta, but you probably won't win a championship. That's kind of how you wind up like the Jets or Bengals , just kind of toiling around for years.
    You don’t need to tank in the NFL. The Jets have consistently drafted in the top 5 for the last decade and it hasn’t helped them at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    You don’t need to tank in the NFL. The Jets have consistently drafted in the top 5 for the last decade and it hasn’t helped them at all.
    If you don't get the QB right none of it matters.

49ers have had one of the most talented non-qb teams of the last twenty years. STill doesn't matter when you miss a wide open Sanders in the endzone to ice the SB.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    I forgot about Ridley. I dont think Mariota is a bad QB I just question his ability to stay healthy consistently enough. But he obviously isnt the future of the franchise.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    If you don't get the QB right none of it matters.

49ers have had one of the most talented non-qb teams of the last twenty years. STill doesn't matter when you miss a wide open Sanders in the endzone to ice the SB.

Just wait until we get a full audit of that score. Then people will know who truly won that Superb Owl.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    True, some quality QBs have been drafted outside of the top 5/10. Brady being the most obvious example but also Lamar, Rodgers, Wilson, etc. But statistically speaking you're more liekly to find an NFL quality QB higher up in the draft. That being said if you're the Jets and draft Sam Darnold. You're gonna be set back for some time.

I think the Falcons will be in an interesting spot with the next draft.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    You dont need to but looking at past drafts, outside of like 3-4 QB's, most of the top QB's have been selected in the top 5-10. The 2022 draft excluded, if you want one of Bryce or CJ, probably gotta be in the top 3-4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    You dont need to but looking at past drafts, outside of like 3-4 QB's, most of the top QB's have been selected in the top 5-10. The 2022 draft excluded, if you want one of Bryce or CJ, probably gotta be in the top 3-4.

Tom Brady late round QB
    Aaron Rodgers 20 something
    Lamar Jackson late first
    Patrick Mahomes 11th overall
    Russell Wilson middle rounds
    Dak Prescott middle rounds
    Ryan Tannehill mid first
    Derek Carr second round
    Jimmy G second round
    Kirk Cousins middle rounds
    Jalen Hurts late second round
    Mac Jones mid first
    DeShaun Watson mid first

Obviously not all the greatest but all starting QBs right now and the very top of the list of QBs Mahomes/Rodgers/Brady/Jackson are all not top 10 picks.

It’s over."

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Tom Brady late round QB
    Aaron Rodgers 20 something
    Lamar Jackson late first
    Patrick Mahomes 11th overall
    Russell Wilson middle rounds
    Dak Prescott middle rounds
    Ryan Tannehill mid first
    Derek Carr second round
    Jimmy G second round
    Kirk Cousins middle rounds
    Jalen Hurts late second round
    Mac Jones mid first
    DeShaun Watson mid first

Obviously not all the greatest but all starting QBs right now and the very top of the list of QBs Mahomes/Rodgers/Brady/Jackson are all not top 10 picks.
    There's obviously some guys picked outside the top 10 picks, but for the most part... And talking like the last 4-5 drafts, most of them are around the top 10 picks. Guys like Mahomes/Watson arent slipping to pick 10-11 in a current draft. If you want one of CJ/Bryce who i'm talking about. Those are like the only 2 QB's that look worth taking high high in the next draft. Maybe Levis but he's a tier below them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    I like Levis more than Stroud or Young. Young is small, so sure he could be Kyler, but he could also be any number of other undersized athletic QBs. Stroud is from OSU, until one of them winds up amounting to something, I assume they'll bust.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    I like Stroud alot but it's hard to argue with that sentiment until an OSU QB pans out. He seems way better than Fields though, in terms of processing, accuracy, ball placement among other things.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,287 Posts
    Aren’t most 1st round quarterbacks taken in the top 10? the hit rate isn’t amazing even on those guys.

I get the philosophy, but I wouldn’t gut my roster to get there. I think you are better off building the strongest possible roster. Getting an elite quarterback is a crapshoot either way, so might as well maximize their success probability.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Aren’t most 1st round quarterbacks taken in the top 10? the hit rate isn’t amazing even on those guys.

I get the philosophy, but I wouldn’t gut my roster to get there. I think you are better off building the strongest possible roster. Getting an elite quarterback is a crapshoot either way, so might as well maximize their success probability.
    Yeah it's not great, the hit rate on top 10 picks for QB. But the late 1st/day 2 guys that have panned out are slim. For this draft, you probably gotta be top 5. Obviously wouldnt gut your roster to get one but something to be said, about getting your guy at QB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Yeah it's not great, the hit rate on top 10 picks for QB. But the late 1st/day 2 guys that have panned out are slim. For this draft, you probably gotta be top 5. Obviously wouldnt gut your roster to get one but something to be said, about getting your guy at QB.
    We can dig into those numbers.

2021 QBs in top 5 Lawrence, Wilson, Lance. QBs not in top 5 - Fields, Jones, Trask, Mond, Mills. BOok, Ehlinger

Obviously Jones, Lawrence and Mills have had the best 2 seasons. Lawrence should be the best. I like Lance, but we'll see if he amounts to anything or not.

2020 - Top 10, Burrow, Tua, and Herbert. Not Love, Hurts, Eason, and a bunch of others. THis obviously favors the top 10. Herbert is a beast, Burrow just went to the Superb Owl, Tua finally seems to maybe be turning a corner.

2019 - Murray and Jones vs. Haskins, Lock, I coudl go on, but really only Murray hit from this class.

2018 - Baker, Darnold, Allen, Rosen vs. Lamar and a bunch of others. Pretty big failure in the top 10 with only Allen living up to the hype.

2017 - Mithc and Mahomes vs. Deshaun and oters. I mean Mahomes is a beast, no shirking that, but he was literally taken 10th. Trubitski started fairly well but is done.

2016 - Goff and Wentz vs. Dak and others. GOff and Wentz looked good for a bit but neither really panned out.

2015 - Jameis and Mariota vs. no one really - Honestly a pretty mediocre draft. Jameis has found some success in New Orleans. But he certainly doesn't look like the number 1 overall pick and neither Mariota look like a number 2.

2014 - Bortles vs. Bridgewater, Carr, and Jimmy G. I mean this is obvious.

2013 - No Qbs taken in top 10, all kinda blew

2012 - Luck, RG3 and Tannehill vs. Wilson, FOles and Cousins. This is the most interesting one. But you have to favor the latter half. Russ is obviouslyt number 1. And COusins is probably number 2 over Tannehill. Tannehill and Luck are probably the 3 and 4 and Foles the 5. RG3 bringing up the rear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts

NFL player safety rules are a joke. Maybe the guy who tried to keep CTE research from seeing the light of day shouldn't be in charge of the league?

Tua has concussion om Sunday. Allowed to play on Thursday. Dude cant control his hands from head trauma. Player safety my ass.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    McDaniels says Tua got cleared by an independent Doctor. It still doesn't look good but if true would be pretty hard to prove negligence on Miami's part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    I didnt see how it all played out but there was plenty of questioning of sending Tua out there before the game. That Bengals hit was not bad enough to cause a serious head injury if he didnt have a concussion recently imo. So I dont buy what they are selling.

When people say independent that's just a word. If it works anything like experts in the legal system the doctor/expert that gives the desired outcome is more likely to be hired in the future. It taints the whole process.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    McDaniels says Tua got cleared by an independent Doctor. It still doesn't look good but if true would be pretty hard to prove negligence on Miami's part.
    If that happened, that Doctor should lose their license. That or the NFL needs to prepare for this bull****. Like have a league doctor.

Tua got a concussion on Sunday and should have not played the rest of that game. Anyone with eyes could see he had a concussion. He was a like a drunk white girl at the club after Thirst Thursdays