Page 1042 of 1148 FirstFirst ... 42542942992103210401041104210431044105210921142 ... LastLast
Results 20,821 to 20,840 of 22960

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    LMAO!

So we went from " the Niners defense was so dominant!" to "They couldn't cope with the loss of their star QB!"

Classic thethe
    I mean I wouldn't be shocked if the Niners D were mental midgets given that they were trying to start fights and were actively punching eagle players.

Classless fans classless team.

Getting their ass drummed on TV was fitting.

And I'm happy because Kyle Shanahan still hasn't won the Superbowl, **** him.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Niners third string 7th rounder was very well equipped to play.
    Yes, because that happens so frequently
    And in the same draft even....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Payton going to Denver. If Russ doesn't win with Payton he's ****ed.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Payton going to Denver. If Russ doesn't win with Payton he's ****ed.
    I'm actually having a LOT of trouble figuring out why a guy as "in demand" as Sean Payton would go to the current cluster**** that is the current Denver Broncos organization.

Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I'm actually having a LOT of trouble figuring out why a guy as "in demand" as Sean Payton would go to the current cluster**** that is the current Denver Broncos organization.

Thoughts?
    Money and I think Payton wants a challenge, and he knows he probably has little shot of going to an NFC team because of the Saints holding his rights or whatever.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Money and I think Payton wants a challenge, and he knows he probably has little shot of going to an NFC team because of the Saints holding his rights or whatever.
    Well he's definitely gonna have a challenge in Denver. A few good players, a lot of meh players and about as many draft picks over the next few years as I have, which we both ain't many.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Wilson may have been a bad fit with Hacket. He was also hurt for most of the season too. I have a hard time believing Wilson is simply done. He's been so great for so long.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Well he's definitely gonna have a challenge in Denver. A few good players, a lot of meh players and about as many draft picks over the next few years as I have, which we both ain't many.
    Broncos dont have many picks this year. But going forward, they have them going forward. Stupid narrative that keeps being pushed that just is not true.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Brady just said he's retiring for good, on his twitter account for good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Broncos dont have many picks this year. But going forward, they have them going forward. Stupid narrative that keeps being pushed that just is not true.
    THey don't have a first or second round pick next year either.

They're going full Jon Gruden to the Bucs. Saying they have the talent to win right now. It's just the coach that's the problem.

Except when Gruden went to the Bucs, the Raiders were the team he faced in the Superbowl and used the same system he established. And Dungy had established a winning buc franchise.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this will go down as another Broncos boner.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    THey don't have a first or second round pick next year either.

They're going full Jon Gruden to the Bucs. Saying they have the talent to win right now. It's just the coach that's the problem.

Except when Gruden went to the Bucs, the Raiders were the team he faced in the Superbowl and used the same system he established. And Dungy had established a winning buc franchise.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this will go down as another Broncos boner.
    Broncos have every pick but a 2nd next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Broncos have every pick but a 2nd next year.
    Sorry I misread the article, I thought it was flipped and I read the second next year was part of the Wilson trade. My bad.

Anyway not having any 1s this year and a 34 Year Old QB isn't a recipe for success unless you think there's enough talent on that team right now. Which they may. I don't really know enough about them. I wasn't sold on the idea that getting Russell WIlson would get them over the top last year.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    49ers window is probably shut at this point. Not nailed, but it’s closed. A lot of pending free agents. Not a ton of cap space to begin with and a massive question mark at QB. Will be bribing in a new DC as well. Find someone dumb enough to trade for Deebo too. He had the worst statistical season of his career. Weird since he just got paid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    49ers window is probably shut at this point. Not nailed, but it’s closed. A lot of pending free agents. Not a ton of cap space to begin with and a massive question mark at QB. Will be bribing in a new DC as well. Find someone dumb enough to trade for Deebo too. He had the worst statistical season of his career. Weird since he just got paid.
    Doesn't make sense to trade Deebo. 32M cap hit to cut or trade him. 2024 is the first season you can trade/cut him and not eviscerate your cap. Deebo was never that great of a player. He's physically gifted but that only gets you so far in the NFL. The reality was he got paid off his 2021 performance which looks like it could be the outlier as 2022 is in line with 2019 and 2020. Probably won't be the case he will rebound, but I think 2021 was an outlier powered by a healthy Jimmy G.

Niners are in an interesting boat. I think they restructure Bosa and McCaffery to lower their cap burden which will allow them to sign picks and fill gaps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Niners were the best team for the last four years and didn’t win a superbowl.

I’d agree with Niners here. There is a chance it can still happen but it’s most likely over.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Time for a discussion while waiting for the big game. What's your all time Starting 25, we're looking for 11 on offense 11 on defense a punter, kicker, and return man.

QB - Brady - Easy pencil in, he owns basically every record there is.
    RB - Barry Sanders - Hard debate here, lots of quality players here but Barry gets the edge because he played on miserable teams that he carried.
    WR1 - Randy Moss - No more talented player in NFL history. Cannot convince me otherwise, fast, strong, big tall and hands like glue. Only fault, he wasn't great at running routes.
    WR 2- Jerry Rice - Hard to argue against him, he's an all timer. I almost put Megatron here. But it's kind of redundant with Moss.
    WR 3 - TO - There's no better after the catch man than TO. I would imagine him ruining people as a slot receiver.
    TE - Tony Gonzalez - No real debate here, Gronk was probably the more dominant TE but Tony was a legend.
    LT - Anthony Munoz - You can have a debate between where you play him and Matthews but they're the 2 greatest
    LG - Randall McDaniel - I think there's 3 guys you have a debate at guard, the 2 I picked and Larry Allen.
    C - Jason Kelce - Risk of recency bias, dont' care.
    RG - Will Shields - He was a rock.
    RT - Bruce Matthews

DE - Reggie White - Those who know, know, white was a beast and a half.
    DT - Alan Page - not many defensive players have an MVP award.
    DT - Aaron DOnald - COntroversial pick, I don't care, he's a beast. Best defensive player of the last decade
    DE - Bruce Smith.
    OLB - LT - The GOAT
    MLB - Ray Lewis - Ok controversial for sure. Almost anyone else puts Butkus here, especially since Ray Lewis was a 3-4 MLB.
    OLB - Derrick Thomas - Spicy pick, but I loved him. Derrick Brooks was my other, but I loved Thomas, he was a freak even if he was more of a passrusher than anything else
    CB - Deion - Legendary.
    CB - Rod Woodson - So good he slowed down from corner and became an elite Safety.
    S - Ronnie Lott
    S - Ed Reed - Lott and Reed get the overall nod, other guys like Dawkins and Polamalu just lose out, I'm sure there's some old timers I'm neglecting, but Football didn't really get good until the 70s and 80s so of course I"m skewing that way.

K - Adam Vinatieri - IMO he and Anderson (Morten) are the most likely picks. But you could argue others in here. Current guys like Tucker are building impressive resumes. L:ots of options here, but to me it's either the most clutch kicker in NFL history or the most prolific in the lower scoring eras.
    P - Shane Lechler - I'm sure there's an old head who could be discussed here, but I'm going with Lechler, he's a beast.

Returner - Devin Hester - THis one I struggled with, there's lots of options. But Hester is GOAT at punt returning and it came down to which you value more, in the modern NFL most kicks go deep in the endzone so I'd rather have a strong punt returner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Niners were the best team for the last four years and didn’t win a superbowl.

I’d agree with Niners here. There is a chance it can still happen but it’s most likely over.
    Nah, they weren't the best the last 4 years. Let's use DVOA and look at every year

2022 - 2nd
    2021 - 6th
    2020 - 11th
    2019 - 5th

They had a heck of a run. But compare them to KC

2022 - 4
    2021 - 7
    2020 - 6
    2019 - 4

Buffalo -

2022 - 1
    2021 - 2
    2020 - 4
    2019 - 13

If we average them out SF average rank would be 6, KC would be 5.25 and Buff at 5.

Niners got SHanahan'd vs. the Chiefs, and just weren't good enough the other years. They weren't good enough this year to beat the eagles, weren't good enough last year to beat the rams, and 2020 they were 6-10. They were Falcons'd. But different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Nah, they weren't the best the last 4 years. Let's use DVOA and look at every year

2022 - 2nd
    2021 - 6th
    2020 - 11th
    2019 - 5th

They had a heck of a run. But compare them to KC

2022 - 4
    2021 - 7
    2020 - 6
    2019 - 4

Buffalo -

2022 - 1
    2021 - 2
    2020 - 4
    2019 - 13

If we average them out SF average rank would be 6, KC would be 5.25 and Buff at 5.

Niners got SHanahan'd vs. the Chiefs, and just weren't good enough the other years. They weren't good enough this year to beat the eagles, weren't good enough last year to beat the rams, and 2020 they were 6-10. They were Falcons'd. But different.
    Can't really use 2020 against the niners. If not for an incredible amount of injuries to star players they would have been right back to NFC titel game.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Can't really use 2020 against the niners. If not for an incredible amount of injuries to star players they would have been right back to NFC titel game.
    If if if if. If the Eagles didn't have a ton of injuries and Carson Wentz in 2020 Doug Peterson would be coaching in the SUperbowl.

If Kyle Shanahan called some run plays Atalnta would have a super bowl and Brady would have 1 less.

if if if if if

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Even if you go best 3 out of last 4, Niners average to 4.33 Chiefs to 4.666 and Bills to 2.33