Page 1144 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 14464410441094113411421143114411451146 ... LastLast
Results 22,861 to 22,880 of 22982

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    If this is the route they go then Morris and Fontenot's fates are 100% tied to Cousins. If Cousins gets hurt again or never fully comes back then the Falcons are terrible for at least 3 years. Three seasons of struggles will see cleaned house in Flowery Branch.
    As it should be you don't pay a QB 90M and it not be the main plan. If cousins is hurt this year and we suck, we'll likely be picking high enough to get a QB.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Pass rusher in the first, WR deep threat in the 2nd, OL\DL\CB from there on out.
    Ivermectin Man

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    8 is a pretty good trade up spot as well in the Min/Den/LV range if McCarthy doesnt go 6 and it goes Caleb/Maye/Jayden in some order 1-2-3. Otherwise, i'd probably go edge if i was Atlanta. Could see Alt fall to 8 in some scenario where LA went WR, NY went QB, and Ten went with WR as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Pass rusher in the first, WR deep threat in the 2nd, OL\DL\CB from there on out.
    I don't think we need WR/Deep Threat with Mooney. He can ****ing cook. He ran a sub 4.4 40 at the combine.

I'd want more of a gadget guy, someone shifty and quick. Like a Wes Welker, someone who operates from the slot in the short/mid range vs a deep threat. A 3rd or 4th on smoeone like Ainais Smith could be an interesting option.

Personally i want Turner, then I want an interior DL in the second if there's a good value there. Then I want BPA everywhere with some restrictions, no TE, no QB, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    8 is a pretty good trade up spot as well in the Min/Den/LV range if McCarthy doesnt go 6 and it goes Caleb/Maye/Jayden in some order 1-2-3. Otherwise, i'd probably go edge if i was Atlanta. Could see Alt fall to 8 in some scenario where LA went WR, NY went QB, and Ten went with WR as well.
    I mean to me the only way I trade out of 8 is if Turner isn't there. I could settle for Alt. But if the draft went weird and someone took Turner (no one is predicting that now) and we were stuck with one of the QBs there, someone would trade up and we should be able to grab Verse from the Vikings pick.

But considering where things go I'd be shocked if Alt was there, it seems like ALt to San Diego is a lock, their OL is bad, the only way I see them not taking Alt is if they decide they want a C, and trade out. That could have implications, if they trade out and someone like Minnesota trades up and takes a QB, then it could lead to something wild. But I still think Turner is there.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I mean to me the only way I trade out of 8 is if Turner isn't there. I could settle for Alt. But if the draft went weird and someone took Turner (no one is predicting that now) and we were stuck with one of the QBs there, someone would trade up and we should be able to grab Verse from the Vikings pick.

But considering where things go I'd be shocked if Alt was there, it seems like ALt to San Diego is a lock, their OL is bad, the only way I see them not taking Alt is if they decide they want a C, and trade out. That could have implications, if they trade out and someone like Minnesota trades up and takes a QB, then it could lead to something wild. But I still think Turner is there.
    They have Slater at LT, who is really good. Their RT situation isnt bad enough to burn a top 5 pick on Alt. They're also probably getting rid of Mike or Keenan, maybe both. Nabers or Odunze make way more sense than a T, however it's a very very deep WR class, maybe the deepest ever. Should be able to land a stud in R2 but not on the level of Nabers or Odunze.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    They have Slater at LT, who is really good. Their RT situation isnt bad enough to burn a top 5 pick on Alt. They're also probably getting rid of Mike or Keenan, maybe both. Nabers or Odunze make way more sense than a T, however it's a very very deep WR class, maybe the deepest ever. Should be able to land a stud in R2 but not on the level of Nabers or Odunze.
    Fair enough, I made this post before they cut WIlliams. Which does raise the odds they take a WR. Still don't know if it's a lock. Anyway I just don't see anyone taking Turner ahead of us unless someone trades up because they want him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    TItans spend a whole lot of money on Ridley, hopefully they have an out if he gambles.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    I don't think we need WR/Deep Threat with Mooney. He can ****ing cook. He ran a sub 4.4 40 at the combine.

I'd want more of a gadget guy, someone shifty and quick. Like a Wes Welker, someone who operates from the slot in the short/mid range vs a deep threat. A 3rd or 4th on smoeone like Ainais Smith could be an interesting option.

Personally i want Turner, then I want an interior DL in the second if there's a good value there. Then I want BPA everywhere with some restrictions, no TE, no QB, etc.
    They could still use another receiver. It's basically London, Mooney and some questions. They have two 3rds, one from the Ridley deal so taking one there would be smart, really good class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    They could still use another receiver. It's basically London, Mooney and some questions. They have two 3rds, one from the Ridley deal so taking one there would be smart, really good class.
    I'm fine with taking a WR if it's BPA in the 2nd. Like if Ladd McConkey is there, take him 100%. But the 2nd round pick needs to be a regular and not a stretch. In the 3rd I'm fine with trying to grab a slot WR.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    TItans spend a whole lot of money on Ridley, hopefully they have an out if he gambles.
    4/93 isn't that bad. Only about 50 million guaranteed. Should be able to get out of it after year 2 without much fret should he not meet expectations.

Titans finally have a solid WR core. Levis won't have any excuses going into year 2. He wasn't some super young/raw developmental QB when he was drafted. He's 24 and ran a pro-style offense in college. Either he takes the necessary step forward this year, or we move on.
    Last edited by Carp; 03-14-2024 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    4/93 isn't that bad. Only about 50 million guaranteed. Should be able to get out of it after year 2 without much fret should he not meet expectations.

Titans finally have a solid WR core. Levis won't have any excuses going into year 2. He wasn't some super young/raw developmental QB when he was drafted. He's 24 and ran a pro-style offense in college. Either he takes the necessary step forward this year, or we move on.
    If Ridley stays on the field. He'll be a solid WR. But the scary 2021 was still there.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Desmond Ridder to AZ for Rondale Moore.

Rondale Moore is a guy I was really excited about when he came out 3 years ago. Super fast. Great cutting ability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Desmond Ridder to AZ for Rondale Moore.

Rondale Moore is a guy I was really excited about when he came out 3 years ago. Super fast. Great cutting ability.
    I was legit suspecting like at best a conditional 6th for Ridder. To get a decent piece (Moore was a regular contributor to Arizona) is baffling to me. Does Fontenot have pictures on people?

If Atlanta doesn't win the south either a major injury to Cousins or multiple other major injuries happen, or the defense regresses to the point of like how bad it was in the 2010s when conssitently it was one of the worst in the NFL and we only won is Ryan and Julio could outpace the defense.

To plug the majority of the team holes and still have cap room is insane.

There's a better than 0% chance Atlanta's passing offense goes from one of the worst in the NFL to one of the best. Improving WR2 and WR3 as well as QB is massive. Last time Atlanta had a WR over 1000 yards it was Ridley in 2020, last time anyone went over 1000 receiving it was Pitts 2021. Since Ryan left we haven't had a 1000 yard receiver despite spending high picks on Pitts and London. The only reason that coudl not happen now is if we have multiple receivers close to 1000 yards. I think we have at least 2 but maybe 3.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You can’t drafts a qb in the first three rounds after you make the cousins move. It makes absolutely no sense. Might as well have tanked and just taken a qb with your first pick in 25.
    I agree Striker. The Packers drafted Love while Rodgers was still productive (and better than Cousins is/was). If you look at the sad shape the Vikings are going to be in for the next season or two, a lot of it can be laid at not having a QB-in-waiting. Mond was a 3rd-rounder that didn't work out. It all depends on who is where when the Falcons pick in the 2nd, but if Bo Nix is there it should be considered.

zito, thanks for the chart. That's what I was saying the other day. Keep Cousins safe in the pocket and he can be very efficient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I agree Striker. The Packers drafted Love while Rodgers was still productive (and better than Cousins is/was). If you look at the sad shape the Vikings are going to be in for the next season or two, a lot of it can be laid at not having a QB-in-waiting. Mond was a 3rd-rounder that didn't work out. It all depends on who is where when the Falcons pick in the 2nd, but if Bo Nix is there it should be considered.

zito, thanks for the chart. That's what I was saying the other day. Keep Cousins safe in the pocket and he can be very efficient.
    Here's the thing, not really, in the 5 years before drafting Love ROdgers was sitting at

71 GS - 4398 Yards per 17 gaems, 33 TDs per 17 games 6 INTs per 7 games, 6.13 NY/A and was entering his 37 year old season and Love was taken with the 26th pick.

Cousins sitting for his last 5 seasons

72 GS - 4478 yards per 17 games 33 TDs per 17, 11 INTs, 6.79 NY/A

I won't compare their highs, but when the Packers took love, Rodgers was fine but hadn't been top. His turn around in 2020 and 2021 wasn't seen.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Here's the thing, not really, in the 5 years before drafting Love ROdgers was sitting at

71 GS - 4398 Yards per 17 gaems, 33 TDs per 17 games 6 INTs per 7 games, 6.13 NY/A and was entering his 37 year old season and Love was taken with the 26th pick.

Cousins sitting for his last 5 seasons

72 GS - 4478 yards per 17 games 33 TDs per 17, 11 INTs, 6.79 NY/A

I won't compare their highs, but when the Packers took love, Rodgers was fine but hadn't been top. His turn around in 2020 and 2021 wasn't seen.
    I think the difference is that Rodgers was carrying the Packers and Cousins was in an offense (especially the past two years) that is tailor-made to his strengths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    As it should be you don't pay a QB 90M and it not be the main plan. If cousins is hurt this year and we suck, we'll likely be picking high enough to get a QB.
    We aren't picking high enough to get one of the top 3 this year and we had Ridder under center.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    So who bucks trends in the draft?

Drafts are largely consensus so far is Minnesota trading up for a Quarterback but that QB being McCarthy.

Basically in non-trade mocks it goes
    Williams
    Maye
    Daniels (we'll get clarity on this closer to draft, you always know who goes 1 before the draft)
    MHjr
    Nabers
    Odunze (there could be flipping in them)
    Alt
    Turner

If Giants or Chargers trade out with Minnesota Bears will be in an amazing situation. As they'll get the QB they want and a great WR prospect.

I think the only potential wild thing that could happen is if the Baers say screw it, and draft a WR with their frist pick (potentially pick swapping with Pats or Commanders if they can do it right)