Page 1147 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 14764710471097113711451146114711481149 ... LastLast
Results 22,921 to 22,940 of 22994

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    He was basically a non-factor after week 11 last year. I think Diggs has a very mediocre year in Houston and ends up getting cut next off-season.
    I agree with that but Julio fell off a cliff.

From 2014-2018 he had over 1400 yards each season and 2019 he would have had 1400 if healthy (1393) 2020 saw his first relative drop in production, 2020 he was hurt, but he still was an over 1000 yard receiver if healthy, though he clearly moved to second choice behind Ridley.

All signs were Julio probably won't be top tier any more. Diggs still was solid last year, and unlike Julio has shown no signs of injury woes. So odds are he could be a decent number 2 WR
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I agree with that but Julio fell off a cliff.

From 2014-2018 he had over 1400 yards each season and 2019 he would have had 1400 if healthy (1393) 2020 saw his first relative drop in production, 2020 he was hurt, but he still was an over 1000 yard receiver if healthy, though he clearly moved to second choice behind Ridley.

All signs were Julio probably won't be top tier any more. Diggs still was solid last year, and unlike Julio has shown no signs of injury woes. So odds are he could be a decent number 2 WR
    i will give you that Diggs is healthier. But people expecting to Diggs ball out will be sorely disappointed. He didn't look very impressive last year. And he has 2 very good WRs already there that have connections with Stroud already.

There is a reason the Bills only got a future 2nd rounder for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,901 Posts
    I’d have imagined Bills woulda wanted one of those two back in that trade
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,296 Posts
    At the time, I thought Julio Jones was one of the greatest receivers to ever play and looking back it still feels like I didn’t appreciate him enough. He was an alien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,901 Posts
    Yeah he was good.

He wasn’t elite imo.

Came off the field too much in the red zone and 3rd down.

Got to be a prima Donna at the end too.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    At the time, I thought Julio Jones was one of the greatest receivers to ever play and looking back it still feels like I didn’t appreciate him enough. He was an alien
    Julio was an all timer. His problem is that he didn't have the total package. He wasn't Megatron, he wasn't Moss. He was a beast though. Number of receivers who averaged 1500+ yards for 6 consecutive seasons is a small one. One of his comps is Torry Holt, Julio didn't peak as early as holt (didn't have his first 1300+ yard season until he was 25 while holt was 24. But Holt was productive until later in his career. But they're pretty similar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    The trade actually makes Diggs a FA after this next year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,901 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    The trade actually makes Diggs a FA after this next year
    Wouldn't shock me to know that was the REAL reason he wanted to be traded.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Wouldn't shock me to know that was the REAL reason he wanted to be traded.
    Maybe. I think more likely he kept poking the bear of the coach and FO they just gave up and got rid of him.

Wonder if the Bills go ahead and trade for another Viking and sell their first for Jetta.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Maybe. I think more likely he kept poking the bear of the coach and FO they just gave up and got rid of him.

Wonder if the Bills go ahead and trade for another Viking and sell their first for Jetta.
    Probably trade up for someone or get someone on Day 2. As it has been lately, this is a very very deep WR class. Could easily wait on Day 2 to grab someone, then take a flier on a couple guys on Day 3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    It's a deep WR class but there's clear top line talent and clear 2nd tier talent. But they won't be able to trade up enough to get one of the big 3. So they'll have to settle for the best of the rest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Theres always some good WR in rounds 2/3. IMO its one of the easier positions to find quality players outside the high/mid first round. If you are taking on that high the better be a real freak of nature like Julio Jones or Marvin Harrison Jr.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Theres always some good WR in rounds 2/3. IMO its one of the easier positions to find quality players outside the high/mid first round. If you are taking on that high the better be a real freak of nature like Julio Jones or Marvin Harrison Jr.
    I agree with you. I'ts easy to find acceptable receivers. It's hard to find stars. When you consider the best of the best. Most of them were the top of their class they may have fell for reasons (Randy, Dez,etc.)
    Last edited by zitothebrave; 04-09-2024 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    OJ Simpson dead at the age of 76.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Alright let's talk about the draft for funsies.

Who do you see as the biggest bust?

JJ McCarthy is easily it for me. THere's nothing I see in his game I like. I think there's some aspects of his game that are good and he's young. But he's so damned small, he's so bad at throwing the deep ball and strongly favors his right side. All those things need to be resolved. THe size is interesting. Because even short QBs weigh more than him. He showed up heavy at the combine but like pudgy heavy not ripped heavy. Things that won't stay for the NFL. FOr college he was weighing in at 203. I think a professional nutrition and lifting coach can easily get him up in weight. But it's interesting because most QBs don't have success under 205 (McCarthy weighed 203 last year) since 2000 basically the only QB at 205 and under with long term success was Cousins. Throwing to his left will be an interesting thing to work on. Because if cannot get better defenses will figure it out and collapse the right side of the pocket on him and force him to be uncomfortable.

Who do you think is the best value pick in the back half of the first?

I think this is Penix or McConkey. Penix I think could be the 2nd best QB from this draft. Maye is concerning but coudl be the best. Daniels is interesting. I've seen him projected from Pro Bowler to bum. He could be Justin Fields without the electric arm very easily. As I said I don't like McCarthy, Nix is meh. Caleb should be a star unless the Bears **** him up. I suspect Daniels to be out of the league after 4 years, but I think he has a good season. I think Nix never wins a starting spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    But who can throw the ball 50 yards from their knees.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,901 Posts
    I don’t think McConkey can stay healthy in the NFL
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    I agree on McCarthy. I was just never impressed with him in college. His numbers are not that impressive given the talent around him and also given Harbaugh was his coach. People will try to say he wasn't asked to do a lot because the running game and defense were always strong, but I don't see how that is a compliment. NFL teams want a QB that was asked to do a lot, because Qbs will be tasked with doing a lot at the NFL level.

Another guy I am not high on is Rome Odunze. It's not that I don't like his potential, I just don't like him at all in the Top 15 pick, yet he is widely viewed as WR 3 and a top 10 pick. Watching his film, I just don't see him and say "This guy is easily a Top 10 pick in the draft." I get a lot of Corey Davis vibes when I watch him play. And I certainly am not picking him over Brock Bowers.

Speaking of Brock Bowers, I get the hype. He is absolutely worthy of top 10 pick consideration. But unless I was a team that was already stacked at the key positions, I don't see how you can justify taking him with a top 10 pick. The positional value is simply to weak, much like RB, to consider taking him top 10. I said the same thing about Kyle Pitts a couple years ago. Good (not great) tight ends are simply to easily found throughout the draft. So if you are taking a TE in the Top 10, in order to get appropriate value that TE is gonna have to be George Kittle, Travis Kelce, Jason Witten, etc. If Bowers is simply a good, but not great TE like a Vernon Davis or even Zach Ertz, then it's a wasted pick.

Guys I am higher on than most:

Xavier Worthy. And no, I was not swayed by his record breaking 40 time. I have been high on him for awhile. He isn't a track star who happened to play football, like John Ross. He runs crisp, fluid routes and has great agility, as evidenced by his punt return skills. Reminds me a lot of Tank Dell from last year, who I was also high on.

Kingsley Suamataia. This guy is a beast. The cousin of Penei Sewell. It's a great yr for OTs in general, but he often gets overlooked in this loaded class. He would easily be a 1st rounder in most any other draft. Really good athlete. One of the strongest OTs in the draft. If the Titans for some reason don't go OT in round 1, he is my top choice in round 2.

Lastly, Payton Wilson may be my most favorite defensive player in this draft. He has injury concerns for sure, but if he didn't, he would probably be a top 10 pick. He is a true 3 down LB that can do about everything on defense. I definitely see shades of Luke Kuechly when I watch him play. And I recently found out that he is Bryse Wilson's brother, which is a cool little tidbit.
    Last edited by Carp; 04-12-2024 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I don’t think McConkey can stay healthy in the NFL
    I see him as a Welker/Edelmann type,t he trick with them is not taking unnecessary hard hits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I agree on McCarthy. I was just never impressed with him in college. His numbers are not that impressive given the talent around him and also given Harbaugh was his coach. People will try to say he wasn't asked to do a lot because the running game and defense were always strong, but I don't see how that is a compliment. NFL teams want a QB that was asked to do a lot, because Qbs will be tasked with doing a lot at the NFL level.

Another guy I am not high on is Rome Odunze. It's not that I don't like his potential, I just don't like him at all in the Top 15 pick, yet he is widely viewed as WR 3 and a top 10 pick. Watching his film, I just don't see him and say "This guy is easily a Top 10 pick in the draft." I get a lot of Corey Davis vibes when I watch him play. And I certainly am not picking him over Brock Bowers.

Speaking of Brock Bowers, I get the hype. He is absolutely worthy of top 10 pick consideration. But unless I was a team that was already stacked at the key positions, I don't see how you can justify taking him with a top 10 pick. The positional value is simply to weak, much like RB, to consider taking him top 10. I said the same thing about Kyle Pitts a couple years ago. Good (not great) tight ends are simply to easily found throughout the draft. So if you are taking a TE in the Top 10, in order to get appropriate value that TE is gonna have to be George Kittle, Travis Kelce, Jason Witten, etc. If Bowers is simply a good, but not great TE like a Vernon Davis or even Zach Ertz, then it's a wasted pick.

Guys I am higher on than most:

Xavier Worthy. And no, I was not swayed by his record breaking 40 time. I have been high on him for awhile. He isn't a track star who happened to play football, like John Ross. He runs crisp, fluid routes and has great agility, as evidenced by his punt return skills. Reminds me a lot of Tank Dell from last year, who I was also high on.

Kingsley Suamataia. This guy is a beast. The cousin of Penei Sewell. It's a great yr for OTs in general, but he often gets overlooked in this loaded class. He would easily be a 1st rounder in most any other draft. Really good athlete. One of the strongest OTs in the draft. If the Titans for some reason don't go OT in round 1, he is my top choice in round 2.

Lastly, Payton Wilson may be my most favorite defensive player in this draft. He has injury concerns for sure, but if he didn't, he would probably be a top 10 pick. He is a true 3 down LB that can do about everything on defense. I definitely see shades of Luke Kuechly when I watch him play. And I recently found out that he is Bryse Wilson's brother, which is a cool little tidbit.
    I agree with a lot of this, I don't agree on Rome. I can understand the concern, but most of what he is missing is coachable. The bigger concern I have is he seems to have issue evading defenders. Which means he'll make a catch but then get tackled right away. I could see him being a better Zay Jones.