Page 1055 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 55555955100510451053105410551056105710651105 ... LastLast
Results 21,081 to 21,100 of 22910

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    McFadden had garbage OL play for most of his career
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Again, for the Saints he was good not great. But he went to the Dolphins and balled out. 10k yard RBs are not common.

2/3rds of his seasons as a Saint ended in season ending injuries. We got 1 good season from him and 2 **** seasons.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Reggie Bush wasn't a good RB. He was a good receiver. If he was used as a slot receiver who could occasionally run the ball as a RB he would have been an All Pro imo. I dont know art exactly it was about that wra if Saints football but half the run plays the RB either got hit in the backfield or ran into the back of an OLineman and fell down. It was just Bush. At some point the Saints figured things out and the run game is good now but I used to prefer 3rd and 10 to 3rd and 1 because there was a greater than 50% chance we pick up the first down on a third and long. We could never get first downs running the ball on third and short. If I were to guess the success rate was 20% on third and short.

It’s over."

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Bush left NO and rushed for 1000 yards in Miami. Infact from 11-13 he averaged just over 1000 yards per season and just over 5 TDs. Coupled with his 350 or so receiving yards, again is good.

NO was a hot mess, and he certainly wasn't worth that high of a pick based on his career. But if you have a guy who is around 14-1500 APY in a full season, that's a good RB. Infact in 2013 his last good year he was 8th in APY. Behind (RBs) Lynch, Moreno, Forte, Charles, and McCoy.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    I don't care how good Bush and Williams were for other teams. I wouldn't call Bush a bust because we won the superb Owl with him but his best contribution to the team was as a decoy. I don't think there's any Falcon fan who would be happy with Robinson having the same seasons for the Falcons as Bush and Williams did FOR THE SAINTS.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I don't care how good Bush and Williams were for other teams. I wouldn't call Bush a bust because we won the superb Owl with him but his best contribution to the team was as a decoy. I don't think there's any Falcon fan who would be happy with Robinson having the same seasons for the Falcons as Bush and Williams did FOR THE SAINTS.
    It's absolutely hoped he'll be better than what Bush or Williams did for anyone, not just the Saints.

It is interesting that these high draft pick RB busts we're talking about still contributed more than your average bust. Look at some of the absolute disasters the Falcons have had. Just look at the last 20 years of Falcons first rounders and see some of the busts there. Jamaal Anderson, Sam Baker, Peria Jerry, Sean Weatherspoon, Vic Beasley, Takkarist McKinley, Calvin Ridley (bust for the Falcons at least), and you could probably throw in some more.

Probably close to half of the Falcons first round picks in the past 20 years have been disasters for Atlanta. Top RBs rarely turn into these kinds of duds. They're rarely "worth the pick" but they also have a much, much lower bust rate. They're lower risk, lower reward picks. And that's okay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I don't think WItherspoon was a bust. He wasn't worth the highish pick. But he was a solid contributor and a leader.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I don't think WItherspoon was a bust. He wasn't worth the highish pick. But he was a solid contributor and a leader.
    Healthy Weatherspoon was awesome.

Sam Baker was the worst type of bust. He flashed just enough to get the second contract.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post

Sam Baker was the worst type of bust. He flashed just enough to get the second contract.
    Yeah Baker was frustrating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    It's absolutely hoped he'll be better than what Bush or Williams did for anyone, not just the Saints.

It is interesting that these high draft pick RB busts we're talking about still contributed more than your average bust. Look at some of the absolute disasters the Falcons have had. Just look at the last 20 years of Falcons first rounders and see some of the busts there. Jamaal Anderson, Sam Baker, Peria Jerry, Sean Weatherspoon, Vic Beasley, Takkarist McKinley, Calvin Ridley (bust for the Falcons at least), and you could probably throw in some more.

Probably close to half of the Falcons first round picks in the past 20 years have been disasters for Atlanta. Top RBs rarely turn into these kinds of duds. They're rarely "worth the pick" but they also have a much, much lower bust rate. They're lower risk, lower reward picks. And that's okay.

I would agree the Falcons drafting in the first round has been bad. They should, and I believe, have changed their scouting department not change draft philosophy. I think other than injuries its hard for running backs to just fail completely. That sounds good but I think you could also find players who are 90% as good as Robinson in the second and third round. Just based on odds I would bet on Robinson not even being the best RB from this draft class.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post

I call that a Blauser. Only good when its time to get paid, then its **** or injured until the next contract year comes up.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I call that a Blauser. Only good when its time to get paid, then its **** or injured until the next contract year comes up.
    Ryan Fitzpatrick had that to a science, Get paid, suck, sign a showme deal, ball out, get paid, repeat.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,974 Posts
    Fitzy would have been gold on a team that was actually run well. Like the Seahawks under Carroll or the Rams under McVay. Unfortunately for him, he kept hopping around from poverty franchise to poverty franchise and he just wasn't good enough to overcome the limitations on those teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/st...7ROtmJs1A&s=19

Warren Sapp goes off on the NFL schedule. Surprise surprise the Jets with their new QB are given the biggest advantage by the NFL. I don't think the NFL is fully rigged but something really stinks over these last 10 years or so.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    To me if they're keeping TNF the teams who play should be coming off byes whenever possible. Similar teams should play a MNF before going into a bye week. Sure some weeks that doesn't work out, but that's the most fair way to handle it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/st...7ROtmJs1A&s=19

Warren Sapp goes off on the NFL schedule. Surprise surprise the Jets with their new QB are given the biggest advantage by the NFL. I don't think the NFL is fully rigged but something really stinks over these last 10 years or so.
    Would you leave your multi billion dollar business up to chance when you could so easily manipulate aspects of it to give you the most lucrative outcomes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Would you leave your multi billion dollar business up to chance when you could so easily manipulate aspects of it to give you the most lucrative outcomes?
    That's not the case. Reigning SUper BOwl CHamps have the 3rd worst, Biggest team in one of the biggest media markets (rams) has the second. Huge National Fanbase team Niners have the Hardest. While teams people don't give a **** about (Bears, Commanders, Titans, Browns) are in the top 5. It has nothing to do with getting most lucrative outcomes.

The only thing this does is get the teams people care about more primetime games. It's about squeezing the dollar, not competitive fairness or setting yourself up for post season success. Leaving teams like SF, KC, NYG, etc. out of the playoffs is bad for business.

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    That's not the case. Reigning SUper BOwl CHamps have the 3rd worst, Biggest team in one of the biggest media markets (rams) has the second. Huge National Fanbase team Niners have the Hardest. While teams people don't give a **** about (Bears, Commanders, Titans, Browns) are in the top 5. It has nothing to do with getting most lucrative outcomes.

The only thing this does is get the teams people care about more primetime games. It's about squeezing the dollar, not competitive fairness or setting yourself up for post season success. Leaving teams like SF, KC, NYG, etc. out of the playoffs is bad for business.
    Wouldn’t lump the Bears in with that group - they’ve got one of the biggest followings in the sport.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    If by that you mean fattest then you are correct.

It’s over."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (05-20-2023)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bj1133 View Post
    Wouldn’t lump the Bears in with that group - they’ve got one of the biggest followings in the sport.
    Bears have a lot of fans. But the bears being good isn't necessarily a huge deal for the NFL. Shooting the foot of markets like LA and NY by keeping them from the playoffs is a bigger miss.