Page 973 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 47387392396397197297397497598310231073 ... LastLast
Results 19,441 to 19,460 of 22910

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Only when they screw somebody else's team out of a trip to the Super Bowl.
    And it’s only a conspiracy if it happens to your team.

But, not if you’re a sane human being. I was furious about the infield fly call, even called for Holbrook to face some repercussions (and we should hold these officials to a higher accountability). But I never felt that it was something corrupt. I also never wished harm on said official. That’s some irrational, cry baby bull****.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (01-30-2019)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    And it’s only a conspiracy if it happens to your team.

But, not if you’re a sane human being. I was furious about the infield fly call, even called for Holbrook to face some repercussions (and we should hold these officials to a higher accountability). But I never felt that it was something corrupt. I also never wished harm on said official. That’s some irrational, cry baby bull****.
    Are you talking about the infield fly rule they called against the Braves in the playoffs against the Cardinals a few years back?? If so I agree and that's been one I haven't been able to forget about. As for whether there is corruption or whatever you want to call it that's a matter of opinion unless a government agency who can check into things like peoples' finances, offshore accounts, etc., then it's just opinion. None of us has the power to be able to actually look at the things it takes in order to be sure yay or nay.

Would you admit that the biggest detractors/deniers that anything shady went on were mostly Falcons' fans? Rivalries in sports, politics, religion, and so on have absolutely clouded the minds of millions of Americans and pretty much always has. I would admit that obviously bad calls against my team or a team I actually like bother me more than when it's against a team I hate, but I have been actively working the past few years to at least cut down on the homerism. I think everyone should try and do that. Just my opinion.

As for wishing violence I try not to do that, but it sure is tempting sometimes. As much money as is involved in pro sports I'm actually surprised that somebody hasn't been injured if not killed by some of the crazy calls, rules, etc., we've had the past few years.

The one temptation towards violence that I almost certainly wouldn't be able to resist would be if I saw Eric Gregg out somewhere. I'm lucky we've never met (and so is he). ;)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Are you talking about the infield fly rule they called against the Braves in the playoffs against the Cardinals a few years back?? If so I agree and that's been one I haven't been able to forget about. As for whether there is corruption or whatever you want to call it that's a matter of opinion unless a government agency who can check into things like peoples' finances, offshore accounts, etc., then it's just opinion. None of us has the power to be able to actually look at the things it takes in order to be sure yay or nay.

Would you admit that the biggest detractors/deniers that anything shady went on were mostly Falcons' fans? Rivalries in sports, politics, religion, and so on have absolutely clouded the minds of millions of Americans and pretty much always has. I would admit that obviously bad calls against my team or a team I actually like bother me more than when it's against a team I hate, but I have been actively working the past few years to at least cut down on the homerism. I think everyone should try and do that. Just my opinion.

As for wishing violence I try not to do that, but it sure is tempting sometimes. As much money as is involved in pro sports I'm actually surprised that somebody hasn't been injured if not killed by some of the crazy calls, rules, etc., we've had the past few years.

The one temptation towards violence that I almost certainly wouldn't be able to resist would be if I saw Eric Gregg out somewhere. I'm lucky we've never met (and so is he). ;)
    I have no affiliation with the Falcons, nor do I care.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    I have no affiliation with the Falcons, nor do I care.
    OK, what about the Eric Gregg part?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    OK, what about the Eric Gregg part?
    He was overweight. Tough scene.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/02/...s-clown-shirt/

Rog is butt hurt that the Patriots defensive coordinator was seen wearing a Goodell clown shirt. I am sure this will end well for ol Rog.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

NL Rookie of the Year Acuña’s Bat Flip's Avatar
    Gaffney, South Carolina (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts

As a Panthers fan I never said it wasn't a bad call, just that good teams overcome bad calls and the Saints didn't not to mention Payton let his huge ego get in the way and mismanaged the last two minutes of regulation. If it happened to Carolina I'd be demanding some answers from our play callers. I'd also never threaten to kill an official!
    FKA Ozzie's Chainz

Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Got to take the L sometimes.

I've been used to it over the years.
    Braves / Panthers / Lakers / Hornets / Clemson / Duke Basketball

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie's Chainz View Post
    As a Panthers fan I never said it wasn't a bad call, just that good teams overcome bad calls and the Saints didn't not to mention Payton let his huge ego get in the way and mismanaged the last two minutes of regulation. If it happened to Carolina I'd be demanding some answers from our play callers. I'd also never threaten to kill an official!
    I don't disagree that it is the responsibility of the coaching staff to overcome bad calls, but when it's made at the very end of the game and that obviously bad there isn't much you can do. I saw Brees and the Saints overcome several pretty questionable calls earlier in the game and the previous week but at that point it was too late. Plus that one was SO bad it's very difficult to get your concentration back.

By the way, I don't condone killing an official either (just wanted to be clear on that) but given how bad that missed call was, and how so many Americans seem to be unhinged these days anyway I would not be surprised if something like that did happen. There are a LOT of people out there who need to switch to decaf.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Would you admit that the biggest detractors/deniers that anything shady went on were mostly Falcons' fans?
    I watched the refs **** the Falcons in the Superbowl. Falcons had 9 penalties called and the Pats had 4, but more importantly it was when the penalties were called,

First Penalty on Atlanta was a relatively worthless holding call.

First penalty on New England was an illegal formation on an extra point

Second Penalty on Atlanta was defensive holding on 3rd down.

Third Penalty on Atlanta was defensive holding on 3rd down.

Fourth PEnalty on Atlanta was defensive holding on 3rd down. All these happened when the Patriots were down 14-0. ALl on the same drive which didn't matter because od Alford's pick 6.

Second NE Penalty was Holding before the half. May have cost them 4 points, hard to say.

Third Penalty on NE was DPI on 3rd down in the redzone.

Fourth PEnalty on NE was illegal touching on the onsides kick.

Fifth Penalty on Atlanta was a holding call on 2nd and 1, the play wouldn't have resulted in a first down, but it moved what was a makable field goal to outside of field goal range. As well as gave New England a lot of clock because Shanahan called a pass play on the redo. Granted the play was a great throw by Ryan but better defense by Chung so Chung deserves more credit than Shanahan the blame, but his playcallin was problematic.

Sixth Penalty was a worthless delay of game.

7th Penalty was a HUGE penalty, the biggest call of the game. It was 3rd and 23 on the NE 35. Ryan made a 9 yard completion to Sanu. Which could have made a virtual lock of a field goal for Matt Bryant, but another holding was called.

8th penalty was worthless defensive offsides on the 2 point conversion that was added to the kick.

9th penalty was DPI against Atlanta in OT and it was a bad one.

So unless you're gonna tell me that Jake Matthews was the only offensive lineman holding the whole game and only Atlanta defenders committed defensive holding on one play, I could easily build a case that the refs were out to **** Atlanta.

But here's the thing, what the refs did mattered minimally. WHat mattered much more was that Kyle SHanahan when he had the ball at the New England 22 after Julio Jones should have sealed the game called a passing play on 2nd down, 3rd down (penalty) and 3rd down. If instead of any of those passing plays, the falcons just kneeled the ball and kicked the field goal, New England has 1 timeout and are down by 11, or they hold onto those timeouts and have only 2 minutes left. Or you just keep calling running plays and maybe you break a first down or 2 and just end the game. I dunno. Eitherway it wasn't the refs who only called offensive holding on Jake Matthews, it wasn't them, it was Atlanta's defense not stepping up in the second half and it was Shanahan's totally boneheaded decision to abandon safety and sanity and instead pass. Of course I mean it was similar to NE's fumble recovery. 3rd and 1 and Shanahan calls a pass play when they're up by 16. If they run the ball there, there's a healthy chance they don't give New England the ball after thier next TD as their Scoring drive certainly woudl have taken longer than 2:28 second.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    I don't disagree that it is the responsibility of the coaching staff to overcome bad calls, but when it's made at the very end of the game and that obviously bad there isn't much you can do. I saw Brees and the Saints overcome several pretty questionable calls earlier in the game and the previous week but at that point it was too late. Plus that one was SO bad it's very difficult to get your concentration back.

By the way, I don't condone killing an official either (just wanted to be clear on that) but given how bad that missed call was, and how so many Americans seem to be unhinged these days anyway I would not be surprised if something like that did happen. There are a LOT of people out there who need to switch to decaf.

Refs missed a PI on Ginn early in the 4th that stalled a drive and led to a punt. Another 4th quarter drive Saints got called for holding on a good first down run. The only holding penalty of the game. In OT Brees is hit in the helmet on the INT. So a lot of late no calls that could have changed the game. Some claim PI on the INT but I think the WR just ran into the DB as he changed direction. Saints D also did an admirable job in OT after the INT. That wasnt a gimme FG.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts

It’s over."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (01-31-2019)

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,774 Posts
    Let’s see your Super Bowl predictions

Patriots 31
    Rams 27

MVP: Tom Brady
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,774 Posts
    2019 Pro Football Hall of Fame Class
    Tony Gonzalez
    Ed Reed
    Champ Bailey
    Ty Law
    Kevin Mawae
    Johnny Robinson
    Gil Brandt (Yeah!!!!!)
    Pat Bowlen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Patrick Mahomes beats out Drew Brees for NFL MVP. I blame those dang officials!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Patriots 27
    Rams 17

MVP: Tom Brady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,709 Posts
    NFL released the winner so we dont have to watch.

It’s over."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,774 Posts
    Reports this morning said the Cowboys may pursue Sean Payton after next season. As much as I’ve criticized Jason Garrett, I don’t like these reports coming out. Setting up him and the Cowboys for failure and who knows if Payton will even think about leaving New Orleans.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    NFL released the winner so we dont have to watch.

That's good news! That saves me about 3 1/2 hours that I could be doing something more productive. ;)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I like SP way better than I do clapping boy but to me he's just a bit overrated. I'm thinking while he is a good one for sure lots of people could be great coaches when they have Brees and Kamara to lean on pretty heavily. Besides I don't really see him agreeing to be the part time HC during whatever times of the week JJ decides he can loan him the keys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,774 Posts
    Someone put an APB on Todd Gurley