Page 1038 of 1148 FirstFirst ... 38538938988102810361037103810391040104810881138 ... LastLast
Results 20,741 to 20,760 of 22942

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    LMAO!!! That's the play you draw up for a miracle????
    Well for one thing you're assuming the miracle was supposed to help Dallas...

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Made plays that were needed and done large chunk plays. Wasn’t his best performance but he wasn’t a negative out there.
    Again, credit to him for not making mistakes. I think had he been forced to play from behind, his performance would have looked a lot worse.

Niners defense is obviously very good so a lot of credit goes to them, but Dak went full Dak tonight. 2 costly INTS that lead to SF scores. And he had a couple more dropped INTs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Purdy made numerous big throws when the team needed it. Running game only started to work towards end of game so a lot was reliant on purdy extending drives.

Now let’s we what happens again a better overall defense but with less top end star power on the line.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    Boy Dak was bad.

Almost taking that safety at the end would have made me drive off a cliff if I was a cowboys fan
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,319 Posts

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    They had a good year, it's hard to win in the NFL. Dak was awful last night though.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Purdy made numerous big throws when the team needed it. Running game only started to work towards end of game so a lot was reliant on purdy extending drives.

Now let’s we what happens again a better overall defense but with less top end star power on the line.
    Purdy was quite mediocre.

31 drop backs for a net 199 yards is pretty bad. Dallas has a good defense mind you, but not that good. ALso worth noting that Dallas had a ton of injuries that impacted them as well. They looked the much better team before Pollard went down.

I also fully expect that type of tackle to start being outlawed.

Anyway

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I think it's way fairer to put Dak in that one than it is Romo. Dak has had tons of talent around him every year except one or two. I tip my hat to Purdy, he took the hand he was dealt and made the most of it, but honestly how many people would say he could be with an average or subaverage team and accomplish anywhere near what he has accomplished.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Purdy was quite mediocre.

31 drop backs for a net 199 yards is pretty bad. Dallas has a good defense mind you, but not that good. ALso worth noting that Dallas had a ton of injuries that impacted them as well. They looked the much better team before Pollard went down.

I also fully expect that type of tackle to start being outlawed.

Anyway

Hurts would have won the Heisman at OU except they had given it to OU QB's 2 years in a row. No way in hell they were gonna do it 3 years in a row. I like Hurts, obviously I don't like the Fecals, but as far as I'm concerned they've earned what they got.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Sadly this is absolutely true and will continue to be as long as Jerry's ego runs the Cowboy's front office.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    I cannot wait for Ryan to retire and Atlanta to hire him as a QB coach. Matty Ice for future ATL coach!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Boy Dak was bad.

Almost taking that safety at the end would have made me drive off a cliff if I was a cowboys fan
    Too bad Jerry and Kellen Moore probably wouldn't have been in that car or I might have signed off on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I think it's way fairer to put Dak in that one than it is Romo. Dak has had tons of talent around him every year except one or two. I tip my hat to Purdy, he took the hand he was dealt and made the most of it, but honestly how many people would say he could be with an average or subaverage team and accomplish anywhere near what he has accomplished.
    Romo also played with great teams too. He always had great runners and he always had WItten some rando years

2006 - He had Julius Joens a solid runner but Marion Barber who was a TD poacher, Receivers were TO, Terry Glenn, and Jason Witten

2011 - He had Demarco Murray and Felix Jones to run, he had Witten, Dez, and Miles Austin,

2014 he had Demarco Murray at his true peak (he ran for almost 1900 yards and scored 13 TDs, and he had Dez, Witten, and Beasley,

Now what I'll say, Romo rarely had the defense that Dak has had. But ROmo was also a choke artist, the difference was no one expected anything from Romo. Romo made under 100M guaranteed in his career. and yes money is different now but Dak just got 126M guaranteed. When you get paid like Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes, people expect you to play like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Also for great QBs who elevated meh teams. Peyton Manning.

2010 the Colts were 10-6 2011 the Colts were 2-14. They still had Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie,Dallas Clarke, Jacob Tamme, Donald Brown and Joseph Addai. etc. They returned most of the same team, but Manning and they went from 3rd best team in the AFC to worst team in NFL.

2011 Broncos were a good team except for their QB where Tebow and Orton were Albatrosses around a talented team, 2012 they got Peyton and went from lucky to be .500 to being the number 1 team in the AFC

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Dallas Clark was a guy I always thought would have been a nobody with anyone else but Peyton throwing him the ball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Dallas Clark was a guy I always thought would have been a nobody with anyone else but Peyton throwing him the ball.
    More so Tamme.

Drew Brees, Brady ans Rodgers all made skill players stand out that otherwise would not have

When Rodgers perfected that back shoulder throw… Lawd.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Here's how I will rate the Superbowl Scenarios I want

1. Bengals vs. Eagles - Bengals are my current favorite to win it because they haven't yet. I will always root for a team to win their first Superbowl over someone who's won it a bunch and the Eagles winning their second wouldn't harsh my vibe. This is a Superbowl where no matter who wins I would be content
    2. Chiefs vs. Eagles - You all know I love me some Andy Reid, so if the Bengals cannot win the Title, Andy Reid winning a title is second. Really I just don't want the Niners in the title game. **** Kyle Shanahan
    3. Bengals vs. Niners - As I said above my preference is the Bengals to win it all.
    4. Chiefs vs. Niners - What probably the NFL wants (really they don't want the Bengals in the Superbowl as they're a small market, but Niners are slightly bigger than Eagles) .

And ranked choice winners.
    1. Bengals
    2. Eagles
    3. Chiefs
    Distant 4. Niners

My predictions based on how they've played.

Chiefs easily beat the Bengals if Mahomes is healthy. Chiefs with healthy Mahomes are nearly unstoppable. THat being said a high ankle sprain is a big deal, so with that in mind barring a changed report I think the Bengals win.

I think the Eagles beat the Niners. Niners if they play like they did vs. Tampa of course can beat the Eagles. I don't think that will happen though. Eagles defense is much better than Tampa, I think they will struggle offensively like they did vs. the Cowboys and the Eagles offense is much better than Dallas's. Anything can happen, it's the NFL, but the Eagles are favored based on recent results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Correction - Niners played Seachickens

While overall Philly's defense is better than Cowboys I don't think they have anyone that comes close to Parsons and maybe even Lawrence. When you don't have to worry about game wreckers the calculus changes. We will see how healthy McCafrey is because looked like he was having issues all game.

Niners win but I'm not as confident as I was a week ago.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Eagles don't have the individual talent but their DL depth is insane and is going to basically force Shanny to run no huddle/hurry up.

Hargrave, Sweat, Reddick and Graham all had double digit sacks, Fletcher Cox throws on another 7.

Eagles have the number 1 pass rushing defense in the NFL.

You're right that McCaffery's healthy matters because the best way to beat the Eagles is to just ground and pound them and win the possession battle. It's what the Commanders did to them. The long Eagles loss under hurts was to the Commanders who held the ball for over 40 minutes. Lots of 6 and 7 minute drives to score. If the Niners can extend drives they have their best bet, if not the next best bet is to gun at the Eagles older defensive line and go fast.