Page 1056 of 1148 FirstFirst ... 56556956100610461054105510561057105810661106 ... LastLast
Results 21,101 to 21,120 of 22943

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    ALright, it's not preseason yet, but OTAs are happening, some big moves will happen. Which could change things around. But I'm gonna go with the predicting who makes the playoffs in the NFL.

AFC
    East Champion - Bills
    North CHampion -Bengals
    South Champion - Jags
    West Champion - Chiefs

OK this is a bit of an improbable one. What are the odds that all the same teams that won the division last year won it again? Slim. But I think those 4 teams are the best teams in the AFC.

AFC Wild Cards Baltimore , Miami , Tennessee

My wild pick is Tennessee. THis will of course be fully dependent on if they don't sell Henry. Miami and Baltimore could bottom out. But if their QBs are healthy, they will be competing for their divisions. If they're semi healthy they should be wild card favorites.

AFC is a bit like the NFC was a few years ago where the best teams were clear the playoffs were often littered with the Packers, Falcons, Saints, Seahawks, Niners and a rotation of NFC East teams. Wild Card teams who could compete, Seahawks, hard to write Payton off. But will he have them ready right away or will he need a year to ditch some dead weight. Colts, Titans, and Houston all bet on their future QBs. Which means they could experience quick turn arounds, CLeveland who knows maybe they are great as Deshaun has a year. Jets of course added Rodgers and weren't a terrible team. There's a lot of potential for the AFC to have some flexing, BUT I'm not betting on who will get hurt. Sure if ALlen or Mahomes gets hurt things change a lot. Miami has a lot riding on Tua being healthy, THey were a great team when he was, and then were meh to bad with Bridgewater and Thompson. And Miami got better in the offseason. Raiders could be competitive if Jimmy G is healthy. They have all the talent. BUt if Jimmy G only played 10 games the rest of the conference is just too good.

NFC
    EAst - Eagles
    North - Lions
    SOuth Falcons
    West Niners
    Wild Card
    Seahawks, Vikings, Cowboys.

OK there's some debate here. Niners lost a lot. Only playoff team to have lost more WAR this offseason was the Bucs, Niners didn't have a lot of picks to improve. BUT if Purdy is healthy and repeats (I've heard all kinds of wild return estimates for Purdy) or Lance pans out. Most of the value they lost this offseason is gone.

Eagles I find hard to pick against, they lost a healthy chunk of defensive talent, BUT they could replace what they lost with draft picks very easily. And they improved offensively. Dallas got better too, but I don't buy they got better enough.

Lions were the best team to miss the playoffs, they had a weird draft, but got the guys they wanted in the draft. If Goff is still legit, they are easily the best team in that division.

Falcons are in an interesting situation. Bucs are gonna be the worst team in the NFL. Which is a bit frustrating as they'll wind up with the number 1 pick and a franchise QB. Panthers are all in on Bryce adn if he's legit they'll be a great team. Saints played it safe, they should be expected to win more games this year than last year. And are probably the betting favorites to win the division. But I'm buying Falcons. I think Ridder will be an improvement over Mariota, and the Falcons just got plain better everywhere else.

West is interesting, Rams will compete with Bucs for worst team unless Stafford is healthy and goes off. Niners got worse and have questions, but I still think they win the division. They have strong lines,will have a full year of McCaffery, etc. Seahawks I would like to be Bullish on. But I don't know if Geno can do it again. If he does they could win the division. Cause they had a strong draft.

FOr wild card, Dallas will probably agian finish top 3 in record or so and be the wild card. Dallas is a talented team that chokes in the post season. I'm buying the Seahawks still but they could bottom out if Geno stinks. Vikings were overrated last year. They were a mess who lucked into the post season. BUT I have always liked Cousins and Jefferson is maybe the best WR in the game. I think they'll play better than last year but win less games.

My thoughts on the rest. Commanders should be bad. Unless Howell is legit, which is improbable. Giants were the other super lucky team last year. THey got better in the offseason, but I don't buy Danny Dimes. Bears are the wild card team. If Fields improves and becomes as good as people wanted him to be, Bears could easily win the division. THey've got a good team overall. Packers couldn't amke the playoffs with Rodgers, not buying them doing it with Love. For them a good season is Love playing well and them not winning enough games and get a star in the next draft. Bucs as I said should be terrible, Saints, Falcons and Panthers will be determined by who improved the most. I think it's the Falcons. But any of them could be it. Rams as I said should be ass. Arizona is interesting. Kyler is going to miss a chunk of time. I think they'll be mediocre.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I wish the Falcons gave up a 4th for Lance. Wouldn't be a bad gamble for someone who had all the talent and the Falcons were interested in at the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    Apparently he ain’t it.

3rd string in SF.

A flier maybe. But the chances are super low he’s anything at this point
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Apparently he ain’t it.

3rd string in SF.

A flier maybe. But the chances are super low he’s anything at this point
    For sure, Lance could amount to nothing, but a 4th round of pick, I'd go for it. Worst case scenario you lose a pick that commonly amounts to nothing. Best case scenario you improve at quarterback. Lance had all the ability, but he needs to play somewhere that lets him play free. If you would be more like Mahomes than Ryan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Niners winning Super Bowl.

As long as bosa is back Probabaly the best team we’ve had since the Super Bowl loss to the ravens.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post

As long as bosa is back probably the best team we’ve had since the Super Bowl loss to the ravens.

As a Cowboys fan, I'd like to know your take on the Trey Lance trade. Obviously, it's not likely to mean a whole lot this season but how do you see him developing (or not) over the next 2-4 seasons?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    As a Cowboys fan, I'd like to know your take on the Trey Lance trade. Obviously, it's not likely to mean a whole lot this season but how do you see him developing (or not) over the next 2-4 seasons?
    Told my friends I was skeptical of drafting someone from a small conference but I was on board eventually. Injuries derailed his career and he has seemingly lost some speed. It’s going to take a while but he’s still young so it could pay back in the next few years.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Trey is high upside Dak insurance. Dak has injury issues again, he's there. Dak won't sign a reasonable extension, he's there. I assume if Dallas extends Dak next year (I think he tests FA and finds the market isn't there) Trey is traded or cut.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Trey Lance is living on draft position at this point. I think it's laughable that the Cowboys gave up a 4th rounder for him. The raw talent simply isn't unique enough to look past the other issues. And Cooper Rush has proven to be an extremely solid back-up QB.

Even if you were looking to the future of moving beyond Dak soon, you could have easily just taken a QB in the first 3 rounds of the 2024 draft, which looks to be one of the best draft classes at QB we've seen in quite some time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

As long as bosa is back Probabaly the best team we’ve had since the Super Bowl loss to the ravens.
    I'm curious why you're sold so hard on them?

Niners lost Jimmy G, Omenihu, McGlinchy, Ebukam, Moseley, Al-Shaair, and Ward to FA and only really added Hargrave. Draft they didn't pick until 87.

The niners lost about 60 games started in FA, assuming full health from Hargrave they're still down basically 40 starts.

Niners could also be without Nick Bosa for a chunk of the year.

I think Niners should still win their division if Purdy can at least be a mediocre QB, but if he falls, look out, the bottom is very low.

Niners would be wise to extend Bosa because they're going to get their asses handed to them by the cap next year. THey will be able to get under it but they're gonna have to make some cuts and restructures. Deebo's contract comes due, and I suspect if he kills it this year, McCaffery will probably start demanding a new contract as well. Williams can be slid under but may need to be cut etc.

If I was betting, Eagles win the NFC. Jalen is risky for healthy. But I mean their draft was stupid good. They lost Hargrave, Gardner-Johnson, Seumalo, and Edwards which is a bit rough, but they drafted before the Niners picked at all Carter, Smith, Steen, and Brown. And they traded for Deandre Swift.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,734 Posts
    thethe is always overly optimistic about everything he likes. Wasnt that long ago he was telling us how Colin Kaepernick was the real deal.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Uhhh the Niners have obviously taken a step back this year. Trey Lance sucks… I’m pretty sure Ridder is better lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I'm curious why you're sold so hard on them?

Niners lost Jimmy G, Omenihu, McGlinchy, Ebukam, Moseley, Al-Shaair, and Ward to FA and only really added Hargrave. Draft they didn't pick until 87.

The niners lost about 60 games started in FA, assuming full health from Hargrave they're still down basically 40 starts.

Niners could also be without Nick Bosa for a chunk of the year.

I think Niners should still win their division if Purdy can at least be a mediocre QB, but if he falls, look out, the bottom is very low.

Niners would be wise to extend Bosa because they're going to get their asses handed to them by the cap next year. THey will be able to get under it but they're gonna have to make some cuts and restructures. Deebo's contract comes due, and I suspect if he kills it this year, McCaffery will probably start demanding a new contract as well. Williams can be slid under but may need to be cut etc.

If I was betting, Eagles win the NFC. Jalen is risky for healthy. But I mean their draft was stupid good. They lost Hargrave, Gardner-Johnson, Seumalo, and Edwards which is a bit rough, but they drafted before the Niners picked at all Carter, Smith, Steen, and Brown. And they traded for Deandre Swift.
    Why would to be? If you break it down position by position Niners have more top 5 players than any team in league maybe outside Philly. Niners also have basically made 3 straight NFC title games.

Purdy wasn’t just ok last year. He was leading the team that was scoring 30+ a game as a rookie QB. Talent is stacked but he was able to create offense himself as well.

Finally got bosa signed so of course your analysis was slightly dated.

So in summary its sheer talent and what I believe is a potential top 10 QB to go along with a fantastic coach who game plans better than anyone.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Why would to be? If you break it down position by position Niners have more top 5 players than any team in league maybe outside Philly. Niners also have basically made 3 straight NFC title games.

Purdy wasn’t just ok last year. He was leading the team that was scoring 30+ a game as a rookie QB. Talent is stacked but he was able to create offense himself as well.

Finally got bosa signed so of course your analysis was slightly dated.

So in summary its sheer talent and what I believe is a potential top 10 QB to go along with a fantastic coach who game plans better than anyone.
    Ok keeping Bosa that's fine. Purdy wasn't that great last year. He played well of course, but he put up numbers vs. Tampa, Seattle, Washington and Arizona, Miami and Dallas contained him pretty effectively.

Las Vegas also did pretty well containing purdy.

But more importantly, whenever you're dealing with a surprise QB, an unexpected one, sometimes there's the issue of DCs not having a chance to plan for them. How the Niners played with Jimmy G was different than how they did with Purdy. WIth an offseason to check out tape from Purdy's game and more importantly with more games to see this year. Of course he could be legit, but he could also be the guy who was Mr. Irrelevant.

I don't think the Niners ahve more top 5 players than anyone. Looking through their roster for top 5 guys you have

McCaffery (though he's getting older and could have some injury issues, also a debate on if he's truly a top RB or a more effective slash)
    Kittle
    Williams
    Bosa
    Warner
    Greenlaw

That's probably about it. They have some outside that area guys and some guys who maybe could come up to that level.

Don't get me wrong, Niners have talent, but if Purdy isn't legit, they're in big trouble and they're certainly worse than they were last year.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Lions are the 2022 eagles

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Lions definitely have some talent, but I don't really trust Goff to win games in January.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Lions definitely have some talent, but I don't really trust Goff to win games in January.
    Goff is interesting QB. I men he was the number 1 overall pick for a reason, he burst on the scene then started struggling, he was actually pretty good in 2021 (the Lions were jsut a bad team)

I think if all Goff is is a game manager, that's fine for the talent around him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Ok keeping Bosa that's fine. Purdy wasn't that great last year. He played well of course, but he put up numbers vs. Tampa, Seattle, Washington and Arizona, Miami and Dallas contained him pretty effectively.

Las Vegas also did pretty well containing purdy.

But more importantly, whenever you're dealing with a surprise QB, an unexpected one, sometimes there's the issue of DCs not having a chance to plan for them. How the Niners played with Jimmy G was different than how they did with Purdy. WIth an offseason to check out tape from Purdy's game and more importantly with more games to see this year. Of course he could be legit, but he could also be the guy who was Mr. Irrelevant.

I don't think the Niners ahve more top 5 players than anyone. Looking through their roster for top 5 guys you have

McCaffery (though he's getting older and could have some injury issues, also a debate on if he's truly a top RB or a more effective slash)
    Kittle
    Williams
    Bosa
    Warner
    Greenlaw

That's probably about it. They have some outside that area guys and some guys who maybe could come up to that level.

Don't get me wrong, Niners have talent, but if Purdy isn't legit, they're in big trouble and they're certainly worse than they were last year.
    Can you list the teams out that have the volume of top flight talent that the niners have?

Legit question as I don't really follow other teams anymore.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Lions are the 2022 eagles
    They scored 14 points against a team without its top defensive player and if Kelce plays they lose that game by 10+.
    Natural Immunity Croc