Page 1046 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 4654694699610361044104510461047104810561096 ... LastLast
Results 20,901 to 20,920 of 22913

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I mean he won't be there in the second round for Atlanta but I'd love him as a late 1st early 2nd. I don't think his size is amazing but his speed and explosiveness is spectacular. Will like to see what he benches.

Byron Young is another very athletic DE who will almost certainly be there in the 2nd, maybe the 3rd round. He's amazing athletically but he didn't have playing results.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Will Levis has a cannon. I'd be half tempted to the Falcons to trade back and see if Levis or RIchardson is in the middle of the first. THough not taking a Lineman at 8 will be hard.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Alright while waiting for some **** to happen.

WHo are some of the best players to not win the superbowl?

Marino is obvious, he is the classic example.

Barry Sanders is another obvious one. Sanders drug his teams kicking and screaming into the playoffs.

Randy Moss - I mean he should have had one if not for the Hex the Giants had on the Pats.

Anthony Munoz - Easy one too.

Tony Gonzalez - He should have won a ring. He was on a lot of bad teams.

Fran Tarkenton - Another obvious one.

Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith etc. The Bills team of that era was amazing. They were stacked. BUT they went and lost 4 Super Bowls to NFC East teams.

Warren Moon - Legend. IMO the second best QB to have never won the SUperbowl.

Dick Butkus - I don't generally hold up MLB or OL or DL to not winning. Because QB, etc. generally have more input. But Butkus was But in that era a stud defender could change things.

Junior Seau - Legend.

Randall McDaniel - Tragic in a way because the Bucs won the year after he left.

Julius Peppers - Best sack artist of the modern era.

Kevin Greene - His career was overshadowed by White and Smith
    LT, AP, and Edgerin James gotta be on here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Will Levis has a cannon. I'd be half tempted to the Falcons to trade back and see if Levis or RIchardson is in the middle of the first. THough not taking a Lineman at 8 will be hard.
    I'd draft Richardson but as a WR a la Randall Cobb. The guy is a physical freak but I don't see him ever being able to run an NFL passing attack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Calvin Johnson.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    LT and AP sure I can see that. I was running out of steam and they were unfortunate to come up in the era they did, if they played in the 80s or 90s a SB team could have been built around them. Edge, nah. He wasn't that great. Next thing I'd be including Fred Taylor and Steven Jackson too. I didn't mention Rivers or Ryan who're more deserving over Edge. Eric Dickerson if you're going RB is certainly more deserving than Edge.

There was a big omission for me, I forgot about Joe Thomas. Never even made the playoffs. There's plenty other I know I forgot. But Thomas is one I'm shocked about. IN his 11 years he made the probowl 10 times, was 1st team All Pro 6 times, 2nd team all pro twice. He was a force anda unit, who played for the browns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I'd draft Richardson but as a WR a la Randall Cobb. The guy is a physical freak but I don't see him ever being able to run an NFL passing attack.
    I mean he gives me RG3 vibes. Which is why I wouldn't take him high. But maybe we're all wrong and he's the next big thing, who knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Anyone buying that is just wishing. I don't wish on first rounders.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Anyone buying that is just wishing. I don't wish on first rounders.
    I wouldn't spend a first round pick on him. I would use a second rounder hoping his athleticism would play somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Saints keep not rebuilding, it's wild. I know the cap is set to keep going up. But they're already in cap hell next year with what they'll be doing converting bonuses into signing bonuses. Yes cap hell will be relieved by Michael Thomas being cut (probably this offseason after 6/1) but even with him cut then they're currently projected 25M more over the cap than any other team in 2024.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Saints keep not rebuilding, it's wild. I know the cap is set to keep going up. But they're already in cap hell next year with what they'll be doing converting bonuses into signing bonuses. Yes cap hell will be relieved by Michael Thomas being cut (probably this offseason after 6/1) but even with him cut then they're currently projected 25M more over the cap than any other team in 2024.
    They will have to trade some guys. Jameis Winston could have some appeal to a team like AZ who will surely need a stop gap guy until Murray is ready.

I think Cam Jordan gets traded too.

I also think they will trade out of the 1st round to save some money there too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    They will have to trade some guys. Jameis Winston could have some appeal to a team like AZ who will surely need a stop gap guy until Murray is ready.

It's wild where they'll wind up. Even with a solid set of moves they're going to have a lot of people with massive contracts who probably don't deserve it because of converting bonuses, extensions etc. What they're paying Hill is wild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    NFL is ****ing insane. How can you pay Daniel Jones 40M? His best season he was 18th in the NFL in DYAR. He's a man who's thrown basically 1 TD per game for his career.

Giants would have been much better off paying Lamar and losing 2 1s.

Should have let Daniel JOnes hit FA and no one should have paid him.

BUrrow is going to get 60M a year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    They really are letting the market get out of control.
    Ivermectin Man

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    NFL is ****ing insane. How can you pay Daniel Jones 40M? His best season he was 18th in the NFL in DYAR. He's a man who's thrown basically 1 TD per game for his career.

Giants would have been much better off paying Lamar and losing 2 1s.

Should have let Daniel JOnes hit FA and no one should have paid him.

BUrrow is going to get 60M a year.
    Need to see the structure on the Jones deal. I guess the only good thing about that deal is they were able to tag Barkley in the process. Depends when the out is with Jones though, if it's after year 2 or year 3.

The QB market is out of control though, for sure.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    It's wild where they'll wind up. Even with a solid set of moves they're going to have a lot of people with massive contracts who probably don't deserve it because of converting bonuses, extensions etc. What they're paying Hill is wild.
    The Carr deal is essentially a 2 year deal. But yeah they keep pushing and pushing and their roster isnt even that great. Should blow it up or do a big retool to some degree. Jameis will save like 12 as a post-June 1 cut, and they'll probably keep restructuring more deals.
    Last edited by Heyward; 03-08-2023 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Need to see the structure on the Jones deal. I guess the only good thing about that deal is they were able to tag Barkley in the process. Depends when the out is with Jones though, if it's after year 2 or year 3.

The QB market is out of control though, for sure.
    82 Mill is guaranteed so the out is likely after year 2 or 3. But that's still a long term commitment to a guy who's produced 1 acceptable season. And unless all you care about is not turning it over, you wouldn't be that excited about what Jones did last year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    The Carr deal is essentially a 2 year deal. But yeah they keep pushing and pushing and their roster isnt even that great. Should blow it up or do a big retool to some degree. Jameis will save like 12 as a post-June 1 cut, and they'll probably keep restructuring more deals.
    I mean I get that, it's not the carr aspect, it's the moves they made to snuggle carr under the cap, they're gonna wind up with hte whole team being out of contract or needing to be cut after 2024 at the rate they're going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

The cap situation is not nearly as bad as you think it is. Carr's cap hit for this year is only 7.2 million. Theres only two players with cap hits of 20+ million. Cam Jordan and Lattimore. Theres only 8 players making 10+ million a year and this is with a cap of over 220 million. Those 8 players with the highest cap hit make up roughly 130 million of the 220 million cap. And thats including Jameis who is likely gone. The cap is projected to go up 20 million a year. That makes it very easy to keep kicking the can down the road. The team really only got tripped up because of the pandemic year. The cap situation is actually getting a lot better now that things are back to normal. After this year with paying Carr only 7.2 million in cap space that will be 3 straight years they havent had to pay a premium price for a QB. Brees's cap hit carried over a year but thats given 2 more years to rehab the cap.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts

I disagree. I think the Saints with Carr will be an above average team on both sides of the ball. I think the team is within the luck margin of being a contender. The OLine is really good. The LT they took in the first round missed the year with injury so theres real potential to get better. At the skill position Carr could have Kamara/Thomas/Olave to work with behind that very good OLine pending health and legal situation. The defense really isnt losing anyone important. So barring injuries they should be around top 10 again.

In the NFC assuming Rodgers gets traded to the AFC who has a clearly better QB than Derek Carr? Hurts.... Prescott........Stafford........ who else? I would probably rather have Carr over Stafford just because I dont think Stafford will make it through a full season including playoffs again.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.