Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the Pope knows there is a problem and knows change has to happen, when will R's....

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    That's so 1st Century. Hey but the folks have got to have their circuses.
    Oh. I know. I said previous.

No doubt. Sad what we do to amazing creatures for entertainment
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Oh. I know. I said previous.

No doubt. Sad what we do to amazing creatures for entertainment

My ilk probably won't give the lions much indigestion. At least I certainly hope not.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Funny thing is that those who are all over population control are for "controlling" other people...
    Right.

I don't want my kids and grandkids to have to worry about protecting their resources at home day in and day out when water and food supply can't meet the demand because there's either a lack of supply or everything's too expensive to buy. And I certainly don't want the government to try and remedy that problem by offering more and more food stamp assistance.

The California Water Shortage doesn't get enough attention. It's going to get really bad in a few years when people are literally killing each other over water. Not to mention a lot of agriculture comes from that state for this country. But I'm sure the big guy upstairs will watch it and fix it somehow. I wonder why he's taking so long to fix it now. God must hate those damn California liberals!
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
    Right.

I don't want my kids and grandkids to have to worry about protecting their resources at home day in and day out when water and food supply can't meet the demand because there's either a lack of supply or everything's too expensive to buy. And I certainly don't want the government to try and remedy that problem by offering more and more food stamp assistance.

The California Water Shortage doesn't get enough attention. It's going to get really bad in a few years when people are literally killing each other over water. But I'm sure the big guy upstairs will watch it and fix it somehow. I wonder why he's taking so long to fix it now. He must hate those damn California liberals!

You shouldn't have kids. That'll help.

Why are you angry at someone you don't believe in?

And why be concerned if it gets really bad? Culling the herd is what you want.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 08-09-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Get the boy a cup.
    Too late for that

Don't need that much sugar this late
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Too late for that

Don't need that much sugar this late

There's always tomorrow. :-)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    You shouldn't have kids. That'll help.

Why are you angry at someone you don't believe in?
    I'm not angry at him anymore because I don't believe in him anymore. But rest assured 7 years ago when I watched my mom cry and battle depression for almost two years after her younger sister died of cancer, I gave him an earful.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    There's always tomorrow. :-)
    Kroger has a 5 for $1 deal going on I think

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    Just curious Bedell, is it a sin for trying to live as long as you can to avoid having to go to the holy paradise?

I've always found that interesting. The great paradise is the most envious of places described, so why even stay on this boring Earth as long as possible and just go​ ahead and get there now?
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    I'm not angry at him anymore because I don't believe in him anymore. But rest assured 7 years ago when I watched my mom cry and battle depression for almost two years after her younger sister died of cancer, I gave him an earful.

Oh sure you are. But if you want to pretend that you are not, that's okay.

Hey before I go further - I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Cancer is a bitch. And it seems most everyone I know is affected some way some how. Yet, from my vantage point, I recognize that it is a part of a fallen, sin-affected and cursed world. Something to lament, something to seek a cure for, something to hope will one day be removed as every tear will be wiped away. I've got a category for it - and a reason to both hate it and hope for it's destruction, for I believe that there is one who has stepped into space and time and has born the curse upon himself and has been raised to new life - the first of a future day of resurrection and rebirth.

But you don't really - cancer just is. As a matter of fact your worldview - your religion can't really hold that it's something bad. It's just a mechanism for population control. So, maybe you should even call it good.

But I don't want you to - and you instinctively don't and I'm right there with you on that. I've walked many a hospital hall and held many a cancer victim's hand and sought to provide what consolation and love I can to those left behind. And I say may cancer be damned to the darkest and deepest hell.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Kroger has a 5 for $1 deal going on I think

You like your's with cyanide?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Just curious Bedell, is it a sin for trying to live as long as you can to avoid having to go to the holy paradise?

I've always found that interesting. The great paradise is the most envious of places described, so why even stay on this boring Earth as long as possible and just go​ ahead and get there now?

I think it can be. But I've got (what I think is a biblical view) a different view of what happens after death than you are envisioning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    You like your's with cyanide?
    Does it help bring out the cherry flavor?

Now, when will R's in this country admit what even the pope knows?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    My view Sav, is that there are basically 3 states of life - the present state, the intermediate state (what most call heaven), and the final state.

In the present state we are spiritual-physical beings living in a physical universe. And despite the fall, and sin, and wickedness, and evil, this life is good - or can be.

The intermediate state is that state we enter at our physical deaths. Death (in my Christian understanding) is the rending of body and spirit/soul. That which is physical dies. But the immaterial us enters and intermediate state - and for believers that's better because we have a direct and uninterrupted experience with the God we profess and love. But - it's not the final state nor the best state, because we aren't designed to be merely immaterial entities.

Thus, the final state, when all things will be set right, evil will be defeated in the return of Christ and on that day we will have physical bodies reconstituted and perfected which will be wed with our immaterial selves and we shall live body & soul together in a very real, physical, spiritual and perfected world/universe/state which the Scriptures call the New Heavens and New Earth.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Does it help bring out the cherry flavor?

Now, when will R's in this country admit what even the pope knows?

I'm wondering what happens when the sun goes into a slow time that's being predicted? Is there a man-made effect upon the climate? I'm sure. How it compares to that of forces beyond our puny power, who knows? Now, in the mean time we should do those things that are helpful in curbing the man-made effects, yet in a way that doesn't harm the weakest and most vulnerable. I certainly don't know what all that would entail. But I can do things on my own - like drive less, grow more of my own food, give and help in conservation calls, etc.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 08-09-2015 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    I'm wondering what happens when the sun goes into a slow time that's being predicted? Is there a man-made effect upon the climate? I'm sure. How it compares to that of forces beyond our puny power, who knows? Now, in the mean time we should do those things that are helpful in curbing the man-made effects, yet in a way that doesn't harm the weakest and most vulnerable. I certainly don't know what all that would entail. But I can do things on my own - like drive less, grow more of my own food, give and help in conservation calls, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    it was all part of the plan!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    it was all part of the plan!

Certainly allowing human choice, and that choice being human autonomy and the resultant effects, were a part of the plan. As was the divine choice to enter into the pain and suffering of the world and take it on and the evil and the curse for that evil on Himself and die and be resurrected to redeem man and begin the righting of all wrongs and the rebirth of a dying and sin cursed universe. And that choice includes the final and ultimate defeat of cancer one day.

The alternative is "cancer? Natural means of culling the herd. **** happens."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post

?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Runnin, what were you trying to post? I don't see it.