Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planned Parenthood - Proudly Carrying Out Sanger and Friends' Vision

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Planned Parenthood - Proudly Carrying Out Sanger and Friends' Vision

"The lack of balance between the birth-rate of the “unfit” and the “fit” [is] admittedly the greatest present menace to the civilization. . . . The example of the inferior classes, the fertility of the feeble-minded, the mentally defective, the poverty-stricken, should not be held up for emulation to the mentally and physically fit, and therefore less fertile, parents of the educated and well-to-do classes. On the contrary, the most urgent problem to-day is how to limit and discourage the over-fertility of the mentally and physically defective."

Sanger

“The mass of significant Negroes still breed carelessly and disastrously, with the result that the increase among Negroes . . . is [in] that portion of the population least intelligent and fit.”

From Sanger's Birth Control Federation

“That is the exact alternative that confronts the white race. . . . If white civilization goes down, the white race is irretrievably ruined. It will be swamped by the triumphant colored races, who will eliminate the white man by elimination or absorption. . . . We now know that men are not and never will be equal.”

“Just as we isolate bacterial invasions, and starve out the bacteria, by limiting the area and amount of their food supply, so we can compel an inferior race to remain in its native habitat.”

From Sanger's close friend, Lothrop Stoddard

Link

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    “Eugenics, is the most adequate and thorough avenue to the solution of racial, political, and social problems.”

Sanger

“I admire Margaret Sanger enormously, her courage, her tenacity, her vision . . . And when I think about what she did all those years ago in Brooklyn, taking on archetypes, taking on attitudes and accusations flowing from all directions, I am really in awe of her.”

Hilary Clinton

Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    cool
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    "This may be history — but the abortion industry, intentionally or not, has carried on Sanger’s troubling legacy. Why is it that, according to the Centers for Disease Control, black women are five times likelier than white women to have an abortion? Perhaps it has something to do with the placement of abortion clinics. In 2011 the pro-life organization Life Dynamics analyzed the zip codes of every abortion or abortion-referral facility in the United States. They noticed that these facilities were overwhelmingly located in zip codes with minority populations well above the state average."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ood-ben-carson

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    cool

I see you haven't drunk your "Kool-aid" yet. You must be a fit, elite, white guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    could that be because poor people are usually not as likely to be educated and don't practice safe sex etc?

na, couldn't be that

the chapter from freakonomics on abortion and the bodies exhibit changed a lot of my views
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    I see you haven't drunk your "Kool-aid" yet. You must be a fit, elite, white guy.
    i wouldn't say fit really. i could drop a few pounds but i can hike small mountains though

i had my cheery kool aid though. it's as i remember, too much sugar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    could that be because poor people are usually not as likely to be educated and don't practice safe sex etc?
    He asked why black women were 5x more likely to have an abortion and you respond with that? Stereotype much?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (08-15-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He asked why black women were 5x more likely to have an abortion and you respond with that? Stereotype much?
    yes, i did respond with that

sure if that is what you want to believe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts

na, couldn't be that

the chapter from freakonomics on abortion and the bodies exhibit changed a lot of my views
    Problem with that argument is that blacks are about 3 times more likely to have an unintended pregnancy compared to whites, but 5 times more likely to have an abortion. Those numbers should match up if your argument has validity. There are also more PP offices near poor non white neighborhoods then poor white neighborhoods.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Problem with that argument is that blacks are about 3 times more likely to have an unintended pregnancy compared to whites, but 5 times more likely to have an abortion. Those numbers should match up if your argument has validity. There are also more PP offices near poor non white neighborhoods then poor white neighborhoods.

why would the numbers have to line up/match exact for it to have validity? you think just a PP office being near by means you will have more abortions? like the person goes "wow, i'm pregnant and the office is 2 blocks over. i should have an abortion i guess!"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    why would the numbers have to line up/match exact for it to have validity? you think just a PP office being near by means you will have more abortions? like the person goes "wow, i'm pregnant and the office is 2 blocks over. i should have an abortion i guess!"?
    If safe sex practices were the issue then clearly both numbers should align. Otherwise there's obviously other factors increasing the abortions. Think about it. They are having non safe sex at 3 times the rate of whites, but having abortions at 5 times the rate. This implies that safe sex is only a portion of the issue.

The local offices have influence in those communities through coummunity programs and obviously the access for those in poor neighborhoods. The question is why are they in more poor black neighborhoods than poor white neighborhoods?
    thank you weso1!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (08-15-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    If safe sex practices were the issue then clearly both numbers should align. Otherwise there's obviously other factors increasing the abortions. Think about it. They are having non safe sex at 3 times the rate of whites, but having abortions This implies that safe sex is only a portion of the issue.

The local offices have influence in those communities through coummunity programs and obviously the access for those in poor neighborhoods. The question is why are they in more poor black neighborhoods than poor white neighborhoods?
    I don't see why the number has to line up still to the other number in your world

And of course it is part of it

Rents cheaper and will take anything that would occupy that area? Possibly?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    PP is doing what mommy wanted them to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    PP is doing what mommy wanted them to do.

I at least like the new angle to try to rally support to them down

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    So what about this idea for a fair compromise? Since Planned Parenthood hardly does any abortions anyway, according to their own data, what if conservatives agreed to actually fund Planned Parenthood more then we already are, if they abolish their abortion practice? This would actually give them more money to spend on birth control, education, information in regards to putting a child up for adoption after pregancy, etc.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I don't see why the number has to line up still to the other number in your world

And of course it is part of it

Rents cheaper and will take anything that would occupy that area? Possibly?
    Should be a perfect positive correlation just using basic simple math.

Your last hypothesis doesn't explain the differential at all since we're talking about virtually equal poor areas.

I think they are clearly targeting black neighborhoods. But it might be for what they think are good intentions. Unintended racism.
    Last edited by weso1; 08-16-2015 at 09:29 AM.
    thank you weso1!

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    So what about this idea for a fair compromise? Since Planned Parenthood hardly does any abortions anyway, according to their own data, what if conservatives agreed to actually fund Planned Parenthood more then we already are, if they abolish their abortion practice? This would actually give them more money to spend on birth control, education, information in regards to putting a child up for adoption after pregancy, etc.
    I like this plan weso, though I"m not expecting overwhelming support from the general populace here.