Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Minor

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Well, technically, he had a scope put into his shoulder joint, and the damage was found. Usually, what happens with an injury to the labrum is that the labrum is separated from the glenoid fossa. The repair is to take sutures and anchors and re-attach the labrum to the glenoid. We keep our post op SLAP repairs immobilized for 3 weeks after surgery and then start PT for passive range of motion with no abduction and no flexion above 90 degrees. Our labral repairs do quite well, but my surgeon isn't operating on world class pitchers either.
    Jeez, why don't you leave the topic to those of us who know what we're talking about when it comes to labrum surgery.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Bringing back Minor for $5-$7M is a no brainer, IMO

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (08-19-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    With all due respect to DOB, I'm not sure we should take much from this report. Minor is under control through 2017 and actively rehabbing. So I wouldn't expect DOB's front office source to saying anything less than he'll "likely" be back. I can't imagine they would say something publicly like . . . "Well, we're not sure." or "We're not planning on tendering him a contract." I think the Braves are smart to see what he looks like in his throwing program this Fall before making any decisions. They don't owe a decision to him until the non-tender deadline in December.
    With all due respect, here's what I take from the "report" (actually a Tweet): Braves indicate Minorlikely to be brought back in 2016, though nothing certain. ...Minor ....throwing for a while now, is expected to throw off mound for first time in about 3 weeks.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    I have reason to believe that Dave O'Brien doesn't know anymore than anyone else out there, including me, and I know nothing of the matter except when it comes to what is on the gameday and post game buffet menu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Hart seems awfully confident given that he hasn't even started throwing . . .

Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin 2h2 hours ago
    Hart "we feel very good about Minor's progress. Hes going to start throwing within a week. We feel very good hes going to be back next year"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,705 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    Hart seems awfully confident given that he hasn't even started throwing . . .

Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin 2h2 hours ago
    Hart "we feel very good about Minor's progress. Hes going to start throwing within a week. We feel very good hes going to be back next year"
    There's certainly room for a '13 minor in our rotation next season. I would love for him to regain that form

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    We should be able to evaluate how well he's throwing by the time the decision needs to made to offer/not offer arb. If he's not almost all the way back come Dec I'd spend the money on someone else. torn labrum is a bad one to come back from. He'll probably need to learn to pitch without a 90+ fastball.