Thread: Braves recall Bethancourt

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Braves recall Bethancourt

Braves recalled Bethancourt, sent Eury Perez back to triple a and recalled Sugar Ray Marimom. David Aardsma was designated for release

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by depley View Post
    Braves recalled Bethancourt, sent Eury Perez back to triple a and recalled Sugar Ray Marimom. David Aardsma was designated for release
    Those bad things we said about you CB; we were just kidding.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,279 Posts
    It's good that he's up, but this will be pointless if he's not the starter for the next month. Have Fredi call him in for a come to Jesus meeting, tell him he's the starter for the rest of the season, that this is his chance to prove himself, that they don't need to see him hit .300 or anything like that, but they want to see that he's willing to put in the effort and preparation required of a catcher at this level. If he can't do that, then it's probably time to move on. But you'll never know if he can swim if you don't give the kid enough time to thrash about in the deep end.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadduxFanII For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (08-24-2015), jpx7 (08-24-2015), Tapate50 (08-24-2015)

Vencer a Los Doyers GovClintonTyree's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadduxFanII View Post
    It's good that he's up, but this will be pointless if he's not the starter for the next month. Have Fredi call him in for a come to Jesus meeting, tell him he's the starter for the rest of the season, that this is his chance to prove himself, that they don't need to see him hit .300 or anything like that, but they want to see that he's willing to put in the effort and preparation required of a catcher at this level. If he can't do that, then it's probably time to move on. But you'll never know if he can swim if you don't give the kid enough time to thrash about in the deep end.
    I've softened a bit on not liking him. At every stop, when he gets a second crack at it, he hits.

I don't know if that's true for the rest of his game, but he may have just needed time. Arguably, the Braves rushed him a bit. There's a lot less patience in America than Central America and the Caribbean, where its a maņana thing.

If he's able to OPS .800 eventually and clean up some of the other things that were lacking, that's a pretty nice player.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post
    I've softened a bit on not liking him. At every stop, when he gets a second crack at it, he hits.

I don't know if that's true for the rest of his game, but he may have just needed time. Arguably, the Braves rushed him a bit. There's a lot less patience in America than Central America and the Caribbean, where its a maņana thing.

If he's able to OPS .800 eventually and clean up some of the other things that were lacking, that's a pretty nice player.
    He doesn't even need to OPS that, I'd be fine with a mid to high 700's OPS with his arm and the rest of his defense catches up....calling games, framing pitches, blocking pitches, etc. Anything more than that would be icing on the cake, and it would allow us to go cheap at another position of need at catcher over the next few years and focus on upgrading at other positions of need offensively...mainly the outfield and possibly 2B because we'd be set at all positions except for those.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GovClintonTyree View Post

I like CB...mainly his defensive potential. I don't think he has any shot at a .800 OPS though.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    If recent history is any indication with Beth's improvements the second go round at all levels, we should expect him to put up somewhere in the neighborhood of a .675 OPS at the major league level this time...which is not good enough to be an everyday starter IMO unless significant improvements are made at other positions offensively and Bethancourt takes his defensive game to the next level. I would take a mid .700 OPS from him, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    I knew it. He's defective.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    I knew it. He's defective.
    Didn't know he was Cuban!
    Forever Fredi

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (08-24-2015), JohnAdcox (08-24-2015), jpx7 (08-24-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Didn't know he was Cuban!
    Yeah. On his manager's side.