Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So, we can arrest Kim Davis now, right?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

So, we can arrest Kim Davis now, right?

We all have to agree that the 4 time married clerk is breaking the law and if she doesn't like it, she can quit or go to jail

Right?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Runnin (09-01-2015)

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    WHo is Kim Davis?
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    WHo is Kim Davis?
    http://news.yahoo.com/clerk-issue-ga...083217111.html

She should be fired. Arresting is dumb, she's not really breaking any laws other than perhaps contempt of court. Just fire her ass for not doing her job. She'll cry and homophobic republicans will start a gofundme or indiegogo or some **** to get her a healthy chunk of change.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    We all have to agree that the 4 time married clerk is breaking the law and if she doesn't like it, she can quit or go to jail

Right?

What would she be arrested for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    She should've been fired or reassigned before this became news.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Contempt of court. I'd rather not make her a martyr by putting her in jail. Just fine her and get her out of the position. Idiots will still back her but it's already become way more of a national story than it should be.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Contempt of court for starters
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Who?

A nobody, moving along.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    More important, should arrest Billary. If it is/was one of us, we would be locked up now.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I presume that judge who issued the court order has a number of options. The legal remedies are completely exhausted. Right now, she's playing chicken with the court, and in this situation, the court is pretty much obligated to act if she doesn't do the principled thing and resign. I would imagine that it could take action against her—or, perhaps more properly, the county which employs her—if she doesn't comply.

Rule of law, anyone?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-04-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I presume that judge who issued the court order has a number of options. The legal remedies are completely exhausted. Right now, she's playing chicken with the court, and in this situation, the court is pretty much obligated to act if she doesn't do the principled thing and resign. I would imagine that it could take action against her—or, perhaps more properly, the county which employs her—if she doesn't comply.

Rule of law, anyone?
    Rule of law should put Hillary in jail, but............................................... .politics and who is in charge and the how the flag is blowing..................Sick of it. If she goes, Hillary goes, plain and simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post

Rule of law, anyone?
    well, her gov't salary is 80k for some reason (while i am sure hating gov't spending etc)

i would have fines stacked up high and jail time for her if she doesn't comply or quit by friday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Who?

A nobody, moving along.
    always weird for a black man to not care about the civil rights of others and the mistreatment they get from the gov't

but whatever

you can leave the thread then instead of continuing to talk about Hillary. thanks

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    She should resign.

Is ignoring law or other statutes you don't like or don't want to enforce a bad thing?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-04-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    always weird for a black man to not care about the civil rights of others and the mistreatment they get from the gov't

but whatever

you can leave the thread then instead of continuing to talk about Hillary. thanks
    Sorry blacks and gay marriage is something you really don't want to consider due to their deep Southern Baptist and Southern Methodist background.

In other words, black gays have it worse in the black community than whites. You only have family support, not the LGBT because if they piss off blacks who are deeply religious, it is a no win situation.

Tread carefully. My cousins are spared because of family, outside of family from other blacks, not good, so he goes to the white community to feel safe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Sorry blacks and gay marriage is something you really don't want to consider due to their deep Southern Baptist and Southern Methodist background.

In other words, black gays have it worse in the black community than whites. You only have family support, not the LGBT because if they piss off blacks who are deeply religious, it is a no win situation.

Tread carefully. My cousins are spared because of family, outside of family from other blacks, not good, so he goes to the white community to feel safe.
    i already told you i find it weird when blacks don't give a **** about others civil rights.

the stance you speak of is no different than the whites who stood to the side and did nothing while blacks were oppressed or not viewed as equal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    i already told you i find it weird when blacks don't give a **** about others civil rights.

the stance you speak of is no different than the whites who stood to the side and did nothing while blacks were oppressed or not viewed as equal
    Oh please spare me.

Whites are more LIBERAL than blacks by several scores. You would openely take a gay in your community, not blacks. Why don't you try protecting your gay cousins to black thugs on the constant basis like I did, even risking a gun waved at you?

I did it, what have you done?

The only thing I have against gays is one thing and I have said this over and over for the last 14 years on here, in church, you respect the church teachings. For the government, I am for it. THAT IS ALL.

And yet, that is not good enough for you and a lot others. My feelings is this and s kind of funny to me. I have no religion, not a part of any church but yet, I protect their rights, because you know why, they are their rights. As long as it doesn't kill anyone or maim anyone because they won't believe or convert I am cool with that. You know where I am going with this. I have no love for religions that will kill people if you don't believe, so there is that. So call me a hypocrite, but life is the most precious thing in this universe. Gays marrying to get government benefits is something I am not TAKING away and actually encourage along with happiness, but they are not honored in church and would be death in some religions based on their teachings.

Liberals are the worst pieces of crap in this country in my eyes, they want everything their way, do not want to honor other people wishes NO MATTER WHAT. Sue, create panic, discourse and whatnot until you get your way. I can't stand them and I am not Conservative either but I will not stand here and let someones personal opinion get slaughtered because they don't AGREE with your way of thinking. I know a lot of you on both sides hate my way of thinking, 57 hates me, Krg hates me, opposite sides of the spectrum of liberal and conservative because you both want me to follow your morbid and stupid way of thinking. This is the problem of our country, neither side want to give in and until this is the reigning division our country, it will always be divided. Obama definitely is the problem and Trump and his Democratic leaning but closer than center than Obama by a large margin but is stupid, hot-headed and not political savvy is a nightmare, but he is something we should have in a president that balance it out and he is not it by a long shot. I am, I would give both sides what they want as long as they don't dick with the other side. This is the problem. THey want to dick over each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Rule of law should put Hillary in jail, but............................................... .politics and who is in charge and the how the flag is blowing..................Sick of it. If she goes, Hillary goes, plain and simple.
    I'm sure Hillary would be glad to handle documents dealing with gay marriage, or at least send her approval by email.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Hypocrisy is everywhere.
    thank you weso1!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (09-03-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    She should resign.

Is ignoring law or other statutes you don't like or don't want to enforce a bad thing?
    ?