Thread: TV Thread

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Been dealing with Covid the last 4 days.

been able to binge All of us are dead, and currently binging station eleven.
    Forever Fredi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

thethe (02-11-2022)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post

Get better soon dude.

I had it over New Years. Very mild case for me. Barely ran a fever for an afternoon. Mostly just a ton of congestion that seemed to come and go for a little over a week. 3 year old also tested positive and didn't have the 1st symptom.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts

How is All Of Us Are Dead? I've enjoyed a few of the Korean shows that have shown up on Netflix lately.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Can't wait for the Halo series on Paramount. Been waiting for a live action film for awhile, but a series could be just as good.
    I want this to be good. But my past experience with almost every video game that gets a live-action adaption gives me a cringe feeling.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

Carp (02-11-2022), Tapate50 (02-12-2022)

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    How is All Of Us Are Dead? I've enjoyed a few of the Korean shows that have shown up on Netflix lately.
    I enjoyed it. If you're used to watching some Korean stuff by now you should understand Korean culture enough to get the show.

I am a sucker for anything zombie/post-apocalyptic. This one I think is pretty enjoyable and there's some great cinematography and tracking shots. It doesn't feel like a direct to SyFy channel thing.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Get better soon dude.

I had it over New Years. Very mild case for me. Barely ran a fever for an afternoon. Mostly just a ton of congestion that seemed to come and go for a little over a week. 3 year old also tested positive and didn't have the 1st symptom.
    Tuesday was hives and high fever fluctuating every hour. And crazy body aches everywhere. My joints and muscles felt like I was a 90 year old person.
    Wednesday was fever and mild sore throat with some body aches still. Memory fog was crazy. Was forgetting stuff every 10 minutes
    Thursday was declining fever but vicious sore throat. Worst sore throat I've ever had. Hurt just to drink cold water.
    Today sore throat is not as terrible as it was yesterday, no more fever, but my lungs feel like sandbags, and headache without the pain (brain just feels tight). Energy levels are pretty low.

A few times I almost just said screw it and went to the hospital. I feel like I've gotten over the worst of it thankfully.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    1883 is actually a pretty good show. Better than I thought

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Tuesday was hives and high fever fluctuating every hour. And crazy body aches everywhere. My joints and muscles felt like I was a 90 year old person.
    Wednesday was fever and mild sore throat with some body aches still. Memory fog was crazy. Was forgetting stuff every 10 minutes
    Thursday was declining fever but vicious sore throat. Worst sore throat I've ever had. Hurt just to drink cold water.
    Today sore throat is not as terrible as it was yesterday, no more fever, but my lungs feel like sandbags, and headache without the pain (brain just feels tight). Energy levels are pretty low.

A few times I almost just said screw it and went to the hospital. I feel like I've gotten over the worst of it thankfully.
    Honestly for me muscle and joint pain were the worst for me. Sore throat was my first symptom. I sounded like Tom Waits.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    That’s how my voice has been since Wednesday evening.
    Forever Fredi

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (02-13-2022)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts

You have an oximeter?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Binged through Murderville yesterday. It's so good. even the guests I thought would struggle still had strong moments. Obviously the strongest episodes had strong improvisors (Conan, Kumail were the 2 strongest, Ken Jeong breaking was great) what makes the show fun is it's nature. Watching people break is always good. In the first episode when Conan was with the Mother's Against Magic Acts when he gets the actress he's doing lines with laugh to the point she has to turn from camera it is great. Ken Jeong spent half his episode breaking because Will Arnett was laying into him. Marshawn's episode was so funny. Mainly because he's so willing to do almost anything. He's great at not looking bad because he sells himself.

Annie Murphy was great, Sharon Stone was funny, everyone did well. The concept is pretty fresh (I know it's a remake). The show did very well for me. I hope it continues. I have doubts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    If Willow can pull off what Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance did I'm here for it.

Also Disney, bring back Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance even if you have to change the name or whatever.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    I'm 4 episodes in and Halo is pretty solid so far. The side story about the rebellion is completely unnecessary though. I feel like it was added simply to fill up time and save money on special effects, as they really haven't given much air time to the Covenant so far.

But still, it's pretty solid. Just need more action.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Stranger Things season 4 is so friggin good. Although, it's much darker than previous seasons, it still maintains that might heartedness that makes this show so appealing.

It does seem like they've forced a few unnecessary plots, like the jocks, Eleven getting bullied, Yuri, etc. But overall, it's just what you want from a final season (so far). Can't wait for part 2 in a few weeks.

Oh and Murray friggin rocks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Yuri was a MacGuffin, his only purpose was to get characters from point A to point B. They need to finish the Russian stuff. 11 getting bullied was similar, it was there to create a reason for her to fully trust 1 over Papa.

There were some odd motives in things. But I think they did a great job.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Yuri was a MacGuffin, his only purpose was to get characters from point A to point B. They need to finish the Russian stuff. 11 getting bullied was similar, it was there to create a reason for her to fully trust 1 over Papa.

There were some odd motives in things. But I think they did a great job.
    I'm talking about 11 getting bullied in high school. That seemed like a completely unnecessary plot.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Band of Brothers is so ****ing great.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

Runnin (07-11-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    I'm talking about 11 getting bullied in high school. That seemed like a completely unnecessary plot.
    Fair enough. Now that I think about it, it seems like it was made as a way to basically convince 11 to go back into training as she was bailed out as part of the bullying stuff.

I mean school stuff has always kind of been the worst part of ST.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,985 Posts
    I put off watching the Halo series as I saw it had mixed reviews, even from Halo fanboys and I didn't want to be disappointed with another video game adaptation. I'm now halfway through episode 5, and while I have many complaints, they've done a very solid job with this, especially considering it's a TV show.

A few of my complaints are, there is a lot of unnecessary dialogue, weird story arcs, and unnecessary side plots. The young Asian girl is about as annoying of a character that you can create. I don't like that they've made a human out to be part of the covenant. That totally disregards the motivations of the covenant in the game, even if they are just manipulating her and plan on killing her eventually (which I'm fairly certain the show is setting up for). I don't really get the whole political unrest thing either, though I guess that is covered in the books?

But the action scenes are good. CGI looks pretty impressive. Acting is pretty decent overall. All in all, it's worth watching, imo.
    Last edited by Carp; 06-15-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Stranger Things season 4 was really good. The last 2 episodes IMO were too long. Should have been 3-4 episodes. There were even points that screamed for a break. I get they're going for a more cinematic feel, but it still was hard to sit through. We watched the first episode 2 nights ago and when it finished my girlfriend said "We have to finish it" I said "No, it's 930, we have to be at work at 7 tomorrow and it's 2 and a half hours long" so we finished it last night. It was great. But it was long.season

IMO I hope season 5 pays off. Stranger things has been up and down. Season 1 was elite, season 4 was great. Season 2 and 3 were kind of mediocre and forgettable. And I had fears season 4 would go down the same path, but I think the stakes were tangible and threatening, I think it's pacing worked well, and I think everyone played their part.

My original hope is there's a bit of a time jump as all the kids in the show are now young adults (they're all 17-20 now) and IMO playing them as closer to high school senior age would work, but given that how season 4 ended I think it's going to take place soon after.