Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    I'm in. My wife loves it more than I do

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    I know a lot of people have ragged on the show because of its tendency to have episodes with no real activity, but I still look more forward to this show more than any other one.
    Last edited by Bj1133; 07-20-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bj1133 View Post
    I know a lot of people have ragged on the show because of its tendency to have episodes with no real activity, but I still look more forward to this show than any other one.
    I cant wait

Playing the Waiting Game BremanFan88's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts
    Going to be epic.
    All you need is Hart and Cox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    As someone who hated Season 3, this trailer makes Season 4 look like it's going to take some interesting turns. But, it's just a trailer.

I think it's funny that Daryl is pretty much the main character now. Notice how they hardly showed Rick in that trailer at all? It would not surprise me if Rick got killed off so Daryl could take the reins.

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory BlackwaterPark's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    As someone who hated Season 3, this trailer makes Season 4 look like it's going to take some interesting turns. But, it's just a trailer.

I think it's funny that Daryl is pretty much the main character now. Notice how they hardly showed Rick in that trailer at all? It would not surprise me if Rick got killed off so Daryl could take the reins.
    I know Daryl's character was at Comic Con, I wonder if that was why

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post

At that point there would be no point even pretending to follow the comics. They've already branched fairly far off of it, but making Daryl the main character would really switch it of. Shame cause Rick is a beast in the comics.

Also I love how they hinted at what i can only call the gym scene with Tyrese, where he gets surrounded by walkers and everyone thinks he's a goner. Question will be, will he survive, or is that his death scene. I assume they wouldn't show a character's death in a trailer but who knows.

Honestly the show has been going down a pretty significant arc since season 1. JMO 1 was the best, then 2 was good but way too strung out, 3 was ok but really annoyin most of the time. Only time I enjoyed it was when they were doing character building episodes. Like when Rick, Carl, and Michonne go back to Rick's hometown. Great episode.

JMO they should stick to that formula, just tell lots of different small stories in a grander scope, rather then trying to move the story along too fast.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (10-07-2013)

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    At that point there would be no point even pretending to follow the comics. They've already branched fairly far off of it, but making Daryl the main character would really switch it of. Shame cause Rick is a beast in the comics.

Also I love how they hinted at what i can only call the gym scene with Tyrese, where he gets surrounded by walkers and everyone thinks he's a goner. Question will be, will he survive, or is that his death scene. I assume they wouldn't show a character's death in a trailer but who knows.

Honestly the show has been going down a pretty significant arc since season 1. JMO 1 was the best, then 2 was good but way too strung out, 3 was ok but really annoyin most of the time. Only time I enjoyed it was when they were doing character building episodes. Like when Rick, Carl, and Michonne go back to Rick's hometown. Great episode.

JMO they should stick to that formula, just tell lots of different small stories in a grander scope, rather then trying to move the story along too fast.
    I agree with your assessment of the seasons. I think season 3 had the chance to be epic if they'd followed through on the underlying tease they had all season of a big war between the two factions. I think when they *****ed out of that in the last episode and let the Governor go then it left a lot of people annoyed and unfulfilled thus tainting the season. Otherwise I liked how the characters developed in the season and the return to Rick's hometown one being my favorite.

One thing to note, didn't one of the writers or show handlers leave? If so I wonder how that will change the show if at all.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post

My favorite thing about that episode: the way it was bookended with scenes of Rick first speeding by the hitchhiker without stopping, then, at the end, backing up to pick up the now-dead guy's rucksack. No reactions, no dialogue—that was as effective and evocative as anything all season.

Still Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Love the show

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    I think the guy who wrote that episode with Rick, Michonne and Carl is the new showrunner for season 4. Seems I heard that. If that's the case, I think it will be better than Season 3, which was still pretty good overall. Wasn't crazy about the finale though.

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Season 4 premiers this coming Sunday - AMC is showing the entire first 3 seasons from the start beginning tonight and running through prime time for the rest of the week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    I'm optimistic for a good season.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    I just find TV Rick to be extremely not as bad ass as comic book Rick.

I doubt Daryl is going to take the reigns. It's still Rick's show and Rick's story.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Honestly if the show were on HBO or even FX, you'd probably see some more badass stuff on the show.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Honestly if the show were on HBO or even FX, you'd probably see some more badass stuff on the show.
    IDK about FX, maybe HBO or one of the premium channels.

I mean AMC is a channel that had Breaking Bad, and there was a lot of pretty bad stuff on there.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    IDK about FX, maybe HBO or one of the premium channels.

I mean AMC is a channel that had Breaking Bad, and there was a lot of pretty bad stuff on there.
    True enough. But I think AMC is losing their edge. They know they are too. Just lost Breaking Bad and split the final season of Mad Men so they can have it until 2015. Low Winter Sun is a bust. The Walking Dead should keep its ratings for a while.

Playing the Waiting Game
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    True enough. But I think AMC is losing their edge. They know they are too. Just lost Breaking Bad and split the final season of Mad Men so they can have it until 2015. Low Winter Sun is a bust. The Walking Dead should keep its ratings for a while.
    They are creating spinoffs for both Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. Maybe a reach on both, but at least worth a shot imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bj1133 View Post
    They are creating spinoffs for both Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. Maybe a reach on both, but at least worth a shot imo
    Yeah, like I said in the Breaking Bad thread. I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt.

I expect Walking Dead will get back on track this season.

Even if it did slack some last season, it was still better than 80-90 percent of dramas that are on now.