Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet Another Mass Shooting

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Trevor Noah: Imagine if Repubs used their ‘pro-life passion’ against the NRA and not Planned Parenthood

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/trev...ed-parenthood/
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Trevor Noah: Imagine if Repubs used their ‘pro-life passion’ against the NRA and not Planned Parenthood

Having not watched the video... curious which organization is directly responsible for more deaths of living beings in this country

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (10-06-2015), Garmel (10-06-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Having not watched the video..

I'm shocked
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    This now makes two major mass killings of Christians. The Charleston massacre is well labelled as racist, but I don't think we should dismiss the fact that those were Christians targeted. This one in Oregon looks at this point to be clearly a targeting of Christians. Christian martyrs - real ones - here in the good old US of A.
    Cheyeanne Fitzgerald, a survivor of the attack, says that students were asked about their religion (the shooter was not a fan of any organized religion), but that no one was targeted because of their Christian faith or religion in general:

“I don’t think he was really targeting them. I honestly don’t think he was targeting anybody. He just wanted to do it for fun. ‘Cause he still shot every single one that he asked. So I don’t think he was actually targeting a specific religion.”

Survivor Rand McGowan says that the gunman did not target Christians, but asked them general questions about faith before telling those he killed “I’ll see you soon” or “I’ll meet you soon.”

“The shooter would call a person: ‘You, stand up. And then he would ask them if they were a Christian, knew God, or had religion. And it wasn’t like it was stated on TV. It wasn’t about that he was just trying to pinpoint Christians, no.”

She says the shooter, whose name is no longer worth mentioning, told victims it would not hurt. “And then he would shoot them.”

Once again, as Bo Gardiner points out in a piece on Patheos, Christians are rallying around the attack, almost desperate to believe that the murders were prompted by the shooter’s hatred of their faith, as though they almost hope that the shooting can serve as evidence they are being persecuted. In reality, many victims’ religions are unverified. The New York Times notes that victim Quinn Cooper would have called himself an agnostic. Lawrence Levine was probably Jewish, as it is noted that he learned a Sabbath song in Yiddish in his childhood, though Gardiner notes that he likely was nonpracticing. Kim Saltmarsh Dietz was Pagan. While some victims, like Sarena Moore and Jason Johnson were absolutely Christians, it is an insult to any and all non-Christian victims to attempt to make the shooting about a war on that particular faith.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Dalyn (10-07-2015), Krovahn (10-06-2015)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Thanks gold. Sad news for all no matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts

Oh cool. So Noah is willing to change his position on abortion to get relatively pointless gun regulations he desires? Think about that for a second. That's the argument he's making, but just reversed. Are you willing to change your position on abortion just to get these relatively pointless gun laws? I'd be more than willing to listen if Noah is actually willing to negotiate. My guess is that he is not willing to rethink his abortion positions. If he's going to use that argument then he needs to step up to the plate and be willing to give up his abortion beliefs. Because his argument works both ways and it's so freakin tired.

He's just a typical liberal sheep. I'm bored by his position. His argument is incredibly shallow and I hear it and defeat it every damn day. People who watch this crap are the same folks who hang on Hannity's every word. Use your own damn brain for a second. Noah is an amateur. I'm just not interested. Daily Show needs to move on.
    thank you weso1!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (10-06-2015), Hawk (10-07-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Oh cool. So Noah is willing to change his position on abortion to get relatively pointless gun regulations he desires? Think about that for a second. That's the argument he's making, but just reversed. Are you willing to change your position on abortion just to get these relatively pointless gun laws? I'd be more than willing to listen if Noah is actually willing to negotiate. My guess is that he is not willing to rethink his abortion positions. If he's going to use that argument then he needs to step up to the plate and be willing to give up his abortion beliefs. Because his argument works both ways and it's so freakin tired.

He's just a typical liberal sheep. I'm bored by his position. His argument is incredibly shallow and I hear it and defeat it every damn day. People who watch this crap are the same folks who hang on Hannity's every word. Use your own damn brain for a second. Noah is an amateur. I'm just not interested. Daily Show needs to move on.

uh, seems you missed his whole point

he was taking their words and trying to understand why it isn't the same to do whatever it takes to save a life

abortion isn't what the conversation is about

but he does go and look at the words they use for why they are against abortion etc and wonder why it their positions aren't truly pro life as they say

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    weso, I think he missed your point.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Anybody else got any suggestions on legislation that would have prevented this massacre?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Anybody else got any suggestions on legislation that would have prevented this massacre?
    Make gun shows illegal
    Outlaw all automatic weapons
    Start a drive to encourage people to turn in their guns and receive ???
    Raise taxes on all gun sales
    Heavily tax ammunition and gun accessories
    Leave licensed hunters alone

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

goldfly (10-07-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Obviously there is nothing to do

We should just pray

That's how all the rest of the first world has practically stopped this from happening all the time obviously

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    weso, I think he missed your point.
    I'm not accepting his premise

Which is to change the topic
    Last edited by goldfly; 10-07-2015 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts
    I'm shocked
    Would you like to address my question?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,785 Posts

He's just pointing out the hypocrisy of Noah pointing out the hypocrisy.

Happens with you all the time

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (10-07-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Make gun shows illegal
    Outlaw all automatic weapons
    Start a drive to encourage people to turn in their guns and receive ???
    Raise taxes on all gun sales
    Heavily tax ammunition and gun accessories
    Leave licensed hunters alone
    All of that has already been done and it doesn't solve anything. Very few gun murders actually come from guns in gun shows.

These gun regulations that the liberals suggest won't do anything of any significance.

If you want to really change things you have to go after guns in the inner cities from the actual criminals that actually do the murder. Most of these guns are illegally owned. And the majority of gun murders are used with guns that are illegal for the murderer to own.

Fix mental health issues in this country.
    thank you weso1!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (10-07-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts

Well said.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Fix mental health issues in this country.
    This.

Some people just need to wake the **** up.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    1. Make gun shows illegal
    2. Outlaw all automatic weapons
    3. Start a drive to encourage people to turn in their guns and receive ???
    4. Raise taxes on all gun sales
    5. Heavily tax ammunition and gun accessories
    6. Leave licensed hunters alone
    1. Did he or his mom buy any of the guns used at a gun show? I don't know the answer.

2. Did he use automatic weapons? If so, if they had of been outlawed then I can see how it would have been harder for him to obtain - much like sawed off shotguns. Are they illegal in California and Oregon?

3. Wouldn't have worked at all with his mom from what I've read. Probably would have only driven her to get more.

4. I suppose this might help some. I also suspect that the higher the taxes go the more a black market will flourish.

5. Agree. I'm not sure if I've read whether or not either he or his mother were licensed. I guess if you enacted 1-4, someone of a mind would go the hunter route though.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Not really his premise. But that's okay. I understand what you do.