Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts

"Make America Great Again"

this statement seems to insinuate that we were great, no longer great now and need to make it great again.

i am trying to figure out when the great period that Trump is talking about and what we are striving to become again

can anyone ballpark the decade or so that he thinks we were great and trying to become again?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    The 50's
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Hawk (10-10-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    It's just rhetoric and doesn't need to make logical sense. Actually better if it doesn't.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Runnin For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (10-12-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (10-12-2015), Oklahomahawk (10-11-2015), Runnin (10-11-2015)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    So then by the logic of Repubs and Libertarians NOW is the time when America is great. Why do they stress making America great when we're already there, unless that things have changed so much in their eyes since 2009.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    This is a problem the Republicans can not deny.

But the Republicans is not the issue, it is both parties and WALL STREET is the culprit.

They determine everything in our country and some for the world. The money flows through them and off seas accounts.

Is there a way to fix it? Yes, but it would devastating for the economy for a year or less and more devastating for retirement accounts.

We need a simple reboot of Wall Street. I hate them to be honest even though my retirement account looks great since 2000. I can retire happily now if I want. But it isn't about me but the health of our great nation, taking over by greedy people.

How much money is enough for you to live in paradise for your life? You even want more, why?

You give me 2 mil, I am a happy camper and live my life to the fullest, kids taking care of and what not, why do you need 3 or 10, 100, or a billion?

If Wally World owners give checks to every American and then tell them to put it in the bank of 1 mil, we would never have an issue in life as long as the caveat of you have to work to keep the money or we would take it away. They can take your money away and if you spend it all at once, you are on your OWN, no gov handouts, you will be on the street begging for money.

I advocated this line of thinking. Give money, but you have to keep earning money by living and not sit on your ass just spending. It is a great incentive.

...but no one will listen. This is the black people problem, when government continually fund you, you aren't going to work. Give you a mil and monitor your spending and MAKE you work, then there is something. After 25 years are working, you get another 500k to live out your life without having any issues.