Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Americans should get behind Bernie Sanders...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts

Americans should get behind Bernie Sanders...

The same way many Americans got behind the Tea Party. I was never turned off more by the liberal party than the way they treated the Tea Party. In my opinion the Tea Party is the best thing that's happened to American politics in a long time. Disagree with their politics all you want. I get it. But the Tea Party screwed up the system. They won a battle and you know what, suddenly we find ourselves with Trump, Carson and Fiorina as leading candidates for the pub primary and who would have ever guessed that? You may hate these candidates, but they all represent a real change and I personally welcome that. Also, suddenly we find ourselves with a completely messed up Republican House of Representatives, and I think that's great. I feel like this is the first real change we've seen in American politics in a long time. Again, it may not be the change certain folks want, but we should all welcome this change, because it's the best representation of democracy that I've seen in my lifetime.

So that brings me to Bernie and why I support him. I want the democrats to go for change. I would much rather see Bernie as president than Jeb, Hillary, Biden, Rubio, etc... You disagree with conservative positions, I get it, but it's time for democrats to mess up the system the way pubs have. Vote for Bernie. Vote to screw up the system. Create your own freedom caucus.
    thank you weso1!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Well it seems like it's either, let's keep putting the same old same old in office and nothing really happens or we put the crazies into office and they can't really do anything because well they don't like to compromise. So compromise and don't do anything or don't compromise and thus you can't do anything.

Six one, half a dozen another.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    Well it seems like it's either, let's keep putting the same old same old in office and nothing really happens or we put the crazies into office and they can't really do anything because well they don't like to compromise. So compromise and don't do anything or don't compromise and thus you can't do anything.

Six one, half a dozen another.
    Exactly, which is why I think Dems should support the Tea Party even though they disagree with them. This is why I'm supporting Bernie Sanders. He goes against most of my personal beliefs, but I support him because I want to see the system messed up in a completely legal way. I will vote for Bernie over Jeb, Rubio, etc.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Bernie vs Trump would not be business as usual.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Bernie vs Trump would not be business as usual.
    San Andreas will happen.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    San Andreas will happen.
    Maybe that's exactly what this country needs

Playing the Waiting Game keithlaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    294 Posts
    Electing a jew will surely change how our elites behave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keithlaw View Post
    Electing a jew will surely change how our elites behave.
    We'll find out tonight if he can convince the media he's for real or not. If he does, H's in trouble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Free this, free that, make the rich pay for it.

Ain't happening.

I do agree with how Wall Street and banking is cornering the market. Probably the only thing I agree with Mr. Christopher Lloyd. Maybe I despise greedy people but I can't stand lazy people just as much and want everything giving to them.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Free this, free that, make the rich pay for it.

Ain't happening.

I do agree with how Wall Street and banking is cornering the market. Probably the only thing I agree with Mr. Christopher Lloyd. Maybe I despise greedy people but I can't stand lazy people just as much and want everything giving to them.
    It's funny you would put it that way because that's exactly the opposite to how it's been done since the reign of Lord Reagan in the 1980s. Of course they package it differently but anyone who cares to look can see how the middle class has been destroyed since then and you don't have to be a bloodhound, or Sherlock Holmes, or on Criminal Minds to track down where that wealth has gone. All you have to do is look, but of course most people won't because it would knock them out of their warm and fuzzy slumber and probably feel like "less than great Americans". I don't know if we need the wild and crazy Bernie or the wild and crazy Trump, but a little wild and crazy would sure as hell do this country a hell of a lot of good.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (10-13-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    It's funny you would put it that way because that's exactly the opposite to how it's been done since the reign of Lord Reagan in the 1980s. Of course they package it differently but anyone who cares to look can see how the middle class has been destroyed since then and you don't have to be a bloodhound, or Sherlock Holmes, or on Criminal Minds to track down where that wealth has gone. All you have to do is look, but of course most people won't because it would knock them out of their warm and fuzzy slumber and probably feel like "less than great Americans". I don't know if we need the wild and crazy Bernie or the wild and crazy Trump, but a little wild and crazy would sure as hell do this country a hell of a lot of good.
    I know he won't get the free stuff. But if he can put Wall Street and banks in their place? I won't mind him.

But his foreign policy. That is some scary schit coming out of his mouth.

If you seen the movie Serenity and look up the planet Miranda, that sounds like him as president.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,811 Posts
    I know he won't get the free stuff. But if he can put Wall Street and banks in their place? I won't mind him.

But his foreign policy. That is some scary schit coming out of his mouth.

If you seen the movie Serenity and look up the planet Miranda, that sounds like him as president.
    What is scary about his foreign policy?

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Does he really believe that Climate change is our biggest national security threat or was it a gaffee or did he mishear or misunderstand the question because, well....um....that's baffling.

He is like a made scientist though, so maybe he's got a missle that he shoot off at climate change. "Damn you for screwing with us, climate change, now you must pay the price!"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Millwood1Hitter For This Useful Post:

Hawk (10-14-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Pack up and leave philosophy.

The big picture, we won't have a say in policy on anything in the world and geopolitics is more than putting troops on the ground which I agree with him. He wants us to not be anywhere and there are some bad people out there that would take over the super power mantle if we aren't around.

Yes you can cite, well we can still conduct business in the world. Yes, we can, under their rules and they will not be favorable for us.

And I am all for getting out of the Middle East, but we got crazies there, Russia, China, North Korea. If we leave, it will be a vacuum they will gladly take position and the world markets would SUFFER greatly.

As a nation we can be an isolationist and be okay, but the big business will not like it at all.

Geopolitics is a quagmire in itself and there are pros and cons. He is a pacifist and rather lie down and get butt humped than keeping our status amongst the world.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    i don't want a freedom caucus or a fractured party that only cares about fetuses etc

i want an actual political and cultural revolution in this country

i agree with your subject of this thread though
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i don't want a freedom caucus or a fractured party that only cares about fetuses etc

i want an actual political and cultural revolution in this country

i agree with your subject of this thread though
    Really, a culture of cowards, getting bent over?

Sanders is a certified loon, did you not see the spit coming out of his mouth when he just went crazy?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts

Sanders is a certified loon, did you not see the spit coming out of his mouth when he just went crazy?
    I applaud him for "going crazy" and even though I don't care for Trump, I applaud him for doing the same. At least they aren't pre-programmed arse-kissing yes men/women of the establishment, the same establishment that is slowly choking the life out of most Americans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I applaud him for "going crazy" and even though I don't care for Trump, I applaud him for doing the same. At least they aren't pre-programmed arse-kissing yes men/women of the establishment, the same establishment that is slowly choking the life out of most Americans.
    Trump is a loon as well. Sanders have a great vision of wanting the rich to give up everything, but everyone and their brothers knows it ain't happening. But us packing up and leaving and just stay in our country will destroy the nation as all those rich will go elsewhere and spend money elsewhere. The big picture is working with them, not against them. The politicians who actually are in bed with them are just as bad as that. I think Trump is just a loon as Sanders, maybe more, but will work with them and take some of their money but not in the way Sanders and scare them off.

Yes I would love for Wall Street to go, banks to go, the Fed Reserve to go, but the end game would make 1920's look like nothing. Yes we could reboot our nation, but the repurcussions and things that will happen would be a nightmare to imagine.

So if there is a way to take all the money from the rich and distribute it to the poor and pay for free education, free medical, free food, free housing, higher wages. I like to see how he could do that without running everyone off in the process or doctors/teachers quitting because their salaries reduced or people like me who would like the same pay raise increase and for small business that is not possible.

He has this grand idea, but do not even have a plan to implement it.

Yes everyone will get $15 dollars, my pay raise should be the equivalent by percentage, no small business can afford it. I have a degree, a programmer, so a burger flipper gets an almost 100% raise, I deserve the equivalent because I went to school and not sit on my ass and smoke pot, flunk out or just dumb.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts

where have i said that?

no he isn't but passion on things destroying the middle class should be celebrated when trying to bring attention to and fix them
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,422 Posts
    I wish people would quit equating Sen Sanders with Trump.

One has spent his life in public service and the other runs hotels and is a wanna be TV Star

23. The Following User Says Thank You to 57Brave For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (10-15-2015)