Thread: Weso an assignment for you

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Weso an assignment for you

Define uber rich. Put some context in it for me. Are you uber rich compared to Buffet or Gates? Are you uber rich compared to the child living in sub Saharan Africa?

Also define loophole? Are the deductions you take loopholes? Which of your deductions or loopholes do you wish to eliminate?

Post the section of the IRS code that allows them to pay less. There is no provision of the code that allows one person to pay a different rate on the last dollar they earned if that dollar is the same amount or bracket as defined by the code. You will pay the same rate on the capital gains you earn or the income treated as ordinary income as everyone else. So show me the code please. You can ask any good liberal and they will tell you that the purpose of the code is to treat income the same. That's their defense when you accuse of discrimination by taxing higher earnings at different rates than lower earnings.

I agree with you that lower rates and fewer deductions is a good route to go; however, it's not best route to go. You need to scrap the entire code and start over. If you could get tax "reform" similar to the Tax Reform Act of 1986 in some future time period you just be right back with higher rates and more deductions and repeating the same old arguments. That's not reform. I know you're not a kid. Why haven't you learned this from the last 30 years? It's been done that ay once. Why wash, rinse and repeat? I honestly don't get it.

Do you covet?

Do some of you moderate/righties even know any liberals? I'm not talking about the 12 year olds on this board.
    Last edited by VOLracious; 10-14-2015 at 01:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I'm talking about wealthy folks who pay less in taxes than those making less than they do in terms of earned income. And I'm specifically referencing the carried interest loophole that some use. I mostly only bring it up because Pubs are getting beat on this issue when they shouldn't be. They could easily take away the stupid argument that the rich need to pay their fair share by taking care of this one loophole.

I personally back a tax code most similar to what Rand Paul has proposed so I think we are on the same page. My top candidates all support sweeping tax code reforms, not just G-Dub type cuts. I support a tax plan in which the role of the IRS becomes minimal.
    thank you weso1!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to weso1 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (10-15-2015)