The worse fight we had since he kicked me out of the house as a 17 year old when I stole a Sony walkman. The police was not involve, but the store owner called him directly to let him know.
Anyway, he is a die hard Cubs fan so we were talking about the game and why they were swept so I was bold enough to ask about Dr. Carson. The first thing he said was that he was a Republican and never vote for him because he was one.
But I ask him, are you for gay marriage, he said no, I said are you for abortion he said no angrily. Then I said well, Dr. Carson agrees with you, but he said he is a Republican. I told him, he might be with the name but in spirit he is not.
He is for black empowerment, to make them better, unlike Obama. I asked him what has Obama done to help blacks. He said he doesn't know. What has he done about black on black crime? He doesn't.
So I told him to get on the Internet and learn stuff. You don't know because you do not look for information. When you blindly follow a party, this is the result. He got pissed because I disrespected him.
Mom called me back and said you made your dad really mad and I told her why. He watches MSNBC too much (they do) they do not say anything about the things I've said. He is a devout Christian and a Deacon, but yet the Democrat party hates them (Christians). He can't
accept it. She said you should apologize to him. I said I will not, he said he would never talk to me again. I was like fine, but I will not give up my principals for a party. I am not even Republican.
Then it dawned on him when I explain my stance. He said I was a Libertarian. I said mostly yes and he actually apologize to me instead and proud of me standing him down and making him look at himself
I am hoping he, like a lot of blacks, look at the big picture because he told me he is not happy with Obama and his promises but he cannot trust Republicans. I told him I don't either but they do allow me to be myself and not govern by government dictates. I can be me. I agree with him on police brutality, jobs going overseas and them crushing small business.

He said, I wished I listened to you. You do look at things as a Christian and if not social with common sense. I told him that people on boards, not just this one, kill babies with no remorse, say churches should honor marriage because the government ordered it. He went livid.

I said well, they are Democrats what do you expect?

So if Dr. Carson don't win, because Biden left, again I am not going to vote for anyone. I would have voted for Biden because he is more likely to work with anyone.