Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Here is a list of things I thought about that the Force Awakens recycled or copy and pasted from OT/PT

Spoiler: 
    Han offers Rey a job.[Han offered Luke a job.]

Han's death is the older mentor dying, being a catalyst for the protagonist [Rey] to take their power to the next level.
    [Qui-Gon's death fueled Obi-Wan right in front of him. Obi-Wan's death fueled Luke]

The Death Star's successor wipes out an entire solar system of inhabited planets.
    [Death Star wiped out Leia's home.]

Resistance squadron destroys the base.
    [Rebel squadron destroys the Death Star.]

Rey must visit Luke to learn more about the force.
    [Luke must visit Yoda to learn more about the force.]

A droid is used to transport a very important piece of information to General Leia.
    [A droid is used to transport Leia's important message to Obi-Wan].

Millenium Falcon is taken over in auto-pilot taken into a bigger ship.
    [Millenium Falcon driven by Han is taken over in auto-pilot to a bigger ship].

Rey's vision of losing everything dear to her.
    [Anakin's nightmares of all his loved ones dying]

Kylo Renn is an erratic, naive, compassionate, torn, young, immature, full of power and potential.
    [Anakin was the same way]

Stormtroopers invade village on desert planet, burn it to the ground.
    [Stormtroopers invaded Skywalker's Farm, burned it to the ground]

Poe is interrogated very harshly by Renn. (Don't remember if Renn was asking about Droid, or resistance's home)
    [Leia is interrogated badly by Vader].
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    To zito & don, I'm not saying there's not a reason/justification for it... just saying I didn't like it.

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Saw it today. Loved it. Best Star Wars I've ever seen. Also......broke my heart.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Non-really spoiler here.

SAV Stormtroopers didn't burn down Skywalker Ranch, It was Boba Fett.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    This is great -

https://twitter.com/kylor3n

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Non-really spoiler here.

SAV Stormtroopers didn't burn down Skywalker Ranch, It was Boba Fett.
    Are you sure? Fett doesn't make his first apperance until Empire unless that was something retconned. I thought they made it clear that the Stormtroopers interogated the Jawa's, got who they sold the droids to, and then killed Luke's aunt and uncle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Are you sure? Fett doesn't make his first apperance until Empire unless that was something retconned. I thought they made it clear that the Stormtroopers interogated the Jawa's, got who they sold the droids to, and then killed Luke's aunt and uncle.
    Stormtroopers did nothing like that before or after. Doesn't fit the M.O.

First things first, he was on Tatooine at the time according to the "canon" (aka remastered) trilogy. Second thing, he's be much more familiar with Tatooine and know to look for droids from the Jawas and would kill them if they didn't have the information. Kenobi speculated that Stormtroopers killed the jawas and attempted to make it look like Tusken Raiders, but why would the Storm Troopers cover it up? You know who else could have blaster skills like a storm trooper? Someone else with Jango Fett's DNA. Most important clue though

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Stormtroopers did nothing like that before or after. Doesn't fit the M.O.

First things first, he was on Tatooine at the time according to the "canon" (aka remastered) trilogy. Second thing, he's be much more familiar with Tatooine and know to look for droids from the Jawas and would kill them if they didn't have the information. Kenobi speculated that Stormtroopers killed the jawas and attempted to make it look like Tusken Raiders, but why would the Storm Troopers cover it up? You know who else could have blaster skills like a storm trooper? Someone else with Jango Fett's DNA. Most important clue though

There were multiple attakers on the Jawa's. That much is clear because Obi-Wan says "Sandpeople always ride single file, to hide their numbers". Besides stormtroopes were already on the scene checking out that pod. Wouldn't make sense for them to high Fett from that point onward. Especially when they were still looking for them at the Mos Eisley.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    There were multiple attakers on the Jawa's. That much is clear because Obi-Wan says "Sandpeople always ride single file, to hide their numbers". Besides stormtroopes were already on the scene checking out that pod. Wouldn't make sense for them to high Fett from that point onward. Especially when they were still looking for them at the Mos Eisley.
    Or the Stormtroopers went there to see if they had the droids and they denied it so Vader sent Fett to get the information out of them. Fett started killing them.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    Or the Stormtroopers went there to see if they had the droids and they denied it so Vader sent Fett to get the information out of them. Fett started killing them.
    Lol. The movie was edited and watched so you could believe that it was the stormtroopers that killed Owen and Co.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I mean think about this angle too. Vader would have to have given the order to kill his family. Vader did a lot of terrible things, but he never in any other canon killed a member of his family. After the clearly traumatic death of his mother, why would he order the deaths of his step-brother and his wife? That doesn't make sense to me.

Conversely a bounty hunter would be inclined to leave no one to gather information after he got it. Finding out that the jawas sold the droids to a moisture farmer, when he found said moisture farmer, he killed them and burned any evidence that may let another bounty hunter get onto their trail.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Lol. The movie was edited and watched so you could believe that it was the stormtroopers that killed Owen and Co.
    There is that. I also double checked my Vader graphic novel that I just got and he meets Fett for the first time after A New Hope. And this is part of the new canon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    There is that. I also double checked my Vader graphic novel that I just got and he meets Fett for the first time after A New Hope. And this is part of the new canon.
    doesn't rule out that Vader reached out to local kingpin Jabba and Jabba put his number 1 man on it. Direct contact isn't required for a bounty hunter and speaking to the head man can often get better results.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts
    I mean think about this angle too. Vader would have to have given the order to kill his family. Vader did a lot of terrible things, but he never in any other canon killed a member of his family. After the clearly traumatic death of his mother, why would he order the deaths of his step-brother and his wife? That doesn't make sense to me.

Conversely a bounty hunter would be inclined to leave no one to gather information after he got it. Finding out that the jawas sold the droids to a moisture farmer, when he found said moisture farmer, he killed them and burned any evidence that may let another bounty hunter get onto their trail.
    He wanted to kill his mentor/brother Obi-Wan.

By the time of ANH, he was pure evil as Vader, no reasoning. It wasn't until he met Luke that there was hope of him coming back to the light.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    He wanted to kill his mentor/brother Obi-Wan.

By the time of ANH, he was pure evil as Vader, no reasoning. It wasn't until he met Luke that there was hope of him coming back to the light.
    He wanted to kill Obi-Wan because he thought Obi-Wan turned Padme against him.

He never took a sword to kill anyone that was his family. Imagine if you would, Vader striking padme down. Can you imagine it? because I can't

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    doesn't rule out that Vader reached out to local kingpin Jabba and Jabba put his number 1 man on it. Direct contact isn't required for a bounty hunter and speaking to the head man can often get better results.
    While true, yt also shows Vader going down and speaking with Jaba for the first time since the Clone Wars after A New Hope. So while it doesn't directly show stormtroopers doing that. It's heavily applied and anything else is just reaching.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts

He never took a sword to kill anyone that was his family. Imagine if you would, Vader striking padme down. Can you imagine it? because I can't
    At that point I can. Besides I doubt they asked Vader for permission to kill them. They just did it becuase that's how the empire operates. Vader before he finds out Luke is his son is a dark killing machine. Obi-wan was right, Anakin Skywalker was dead for all intents and purposes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Would he have to meet him directly to send out a request. i mean they had long range communication. he had other matters (the Princess and the destruction of Alderaan) to deal with. So back burnering it and getting a bounty hunter to handle everything would have made life a bit easier.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,760 Posts

Doesn't matter what the reasoning was. He was ready to kill someone that he was arguably more closer with than Padme.

He almost killed Padme had it not been for Obi-Wan telling him to stop. He was force choking her.
    Forever Fredi

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Would he have to meet him directly to send out a request. i mean they had long range communication. he had other matters (the Princess and the destruction of Alderaan) to deal with. So back burnering it and getting a bounty hunter to handle everything would have made life a bit easier.
    You're reaching bro. The actual movie leads us to beleive stormtroopers took Uncle Owen out. There is really nothing but random fan theories that suggest otherwise. You see stormtroopers checking out the escape pod and also looking for the droids in mos eisley. There zero reason to beleive they also weren't the ones looking for them at the Jawa's transport and then as the Lars'.