Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1755

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Sav its funny stuff that two of the three posters on this site who most need to be ignored are moderators. You have a twisted sense of humor.
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Sav its funny stuff that two of the three posters on this site who most need to be ignored are moderators. You have a twisted sense of humor.
    So what you're saying is that you've got nothing. Just what I thought. Again, it's not my fault that as you grew up you became more hateful and less imaginative. If i could make a recommendation pick up a creative hobby. Maybe play some D&D it's great for people who struggle with empathy.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    So what you're saying is that you've got nothing. Just what I thought. Again, it's not my fault that as you grew up you became more hateful and less imaginative. If i could make a recommendation pick up a creative hobby. Maybe play some D&D it's great for people who struggle with empathy.
    I'm saying that I have no respect for your opinion, I don't feel you ever learned how to hold a civil conversation, and I don't want to waste my time reading your thoughts or trying to introduce new ones to you through your cloud of arrogance and self aggrandizement.
    Go get him!

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I'm saying that I have no respect for your opinion, I don't feel you ever learned how to hold a civil conversation, and I don't want to waste my time reading your thoughts or trying to introduce new ones to you through your cloud of arrogance and self aggrandizement.
    Master YoJaw, your arrogance blinds you. Now you will experience the true POWAH OF THE DAWKSIDE.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts

Now that the old Scout forums shut down (they eliminated baseball), I have a true monopoly on Braves message boards on the internets.

UNLIMITED POWAHHHHHHH
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    How cute, taking your toys and storming off the playground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Now that the old Scout forums shut down (they eliminated baseball), I have a true monopoly on Braves message boards on the internets.

UNLIMITED POWAHHHHHHH
    I AM THE SITH!

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I AM THE SITH!
    I am all* of the Sith.

Jesus can't you get anything right.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I am all* of the Sith.

So it's treason then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts

UNLIMITED POWAHHHHHHH
    We will see what my Ukrainian friends have to say about that. Last time was only a warning.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    How cute, taking your toys and storming off the playground.
    You started insulting character over a difference of opinion of a movue franchise. I'm not storming off, I'm shaking my head and laughing at you.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    You started insulting character over a difference of opinion of a movue franchise. I'm not storming off, I'm shaking my head and laughing at you.
    No I insult character based on past instances. It just so happens that you're stepping into a discussion you're ignorant on and I can easily prove it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    But why did it look dumb? It's how someone would look in a vacuum, floating around. Did it play it fast and loose with physics, of course, in a film franchise that always has played it fast an loose with physics. Star Wars at its core is a space opera. Opera's often contain some weird **** in them that doesn't make sense except to character more than the plot.

Consider this synopsis of Callisto

Jupiter falls in love with the nymph Callisto, a votary of the chaste goddess Diana. On Mercury’s advice, Jupiter transforms himself into Diana, thereby achieving his purpose. Diana, meanwhile, falls in love with the shepherd Endymion and is angry when Callisto approaches her again, demanding her embraces. Juno, jealous of her husband’s affairs, calls on the Furies, who turn Callisto into a bear, a metamorphosis at once reversed by Jupiter, who now wins Callisto’s heart in truth, setting her finally among the stars.

Or this synopsis if The Valkyrie

Siegmund staggers exhausted into Hunding’s house and is entertained by the mysteriously attractive Sieglinde, Hunding’s wife. Hunding returns home and Siegmund tells him how his mother had been killed and his twin sister abducted and how he had wandered with his father, whom he calls Wolfe. After his father’s disappearance he had been unlucky and must call himself Wehwalt (Woeful). He tells of his last, unsuccessful battle, which, it seems, involved kinsmen of Hunding, for which the latter will seek revenge. Siegmund’s father had promised him a sword and this Sieglinde shows him, the weapon, embedded in an ash tree, where an old man, a visitor, had left it. The two recognise each other as brother and sister, and Siegmund draws the sword from the ash tree, calling it Nothung, sword of need. They embrace. In the second act Wotan tells Brünnhilde to ensure victory for Siegmund in the coming battle with Hunding. Fricka, wife of Wotan, favours Hunding and marriage, as she angrily makes clear, while Wotan sanctions the love of Siegmund and Sieglinde. Fricka demands the withdrawal of Wotan’s favour from Siegmund, a request that he unhappily grants. He explains to Brünnhilde his early search for power and love, Alberich’s forging of the ring, Wotan’s theft of it to pay for the building of Valhalla, and Erda’s prophecy of the end of the gods. Erda had borne him the Valkyries, warrior-maidens who have brought together heroes fallen in battle, to defend Valhalla. Wotan needs a mortal to take back the ring, which he, by oath, cannot do himself. It is said that when Alberich has a son, the reign of the gods will be over. Now he orders Brünnhilde to ensure Siegmund’s defeat, a task she accepts with sorrow. She meets Siegmund, with his sister, and tells him that he will die and go to Valhalla. At first, however, she protects him, in his battle with Hunding. The latter succeeds in killing Siegmund only after the intervention of Wotan, whose spear breaks Siegmund’s sword. Brünnhilde rides away with Sieglinde, while Wotan dismissively brings death to Hunding and sets out angrily in pursuit of the Valkyrie. In the third act the Valkyries ride back from battle, joined by Brünnhilde, with Sieglinde, who must live to bear Siegmund’s child and is now allowed away, before the arrival of Wotan. He condemns his favourite daughter to a rock, where she must lie senseless until roused by a mortal, who will be her husband. She begs that her husband may be the son of Sieglinde, who will be called Siegfried. Wotan leaves Brünnhilde, surrounded by protective fire to guard her as she sleeps her magic sleep.

Opera's tend to have some weird **** in it. Again we witnessed Luke survive a night in a planet's who's equator or -60C with only a dead tauntaun to provide warmth after the effects of hypothermia were starting to set in. Luke would have been dead long before Han even found him. That's just one clear example. There are countless others involving impossible survival that exist because it's a space Opera. The story is a vessel for the characters.
    I’m not reading this horse ****.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

The Chosen One (12-24-2019)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    I am all* of the Sith.

I AM THE SENATE....you are now impeached

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    That's kind of Sheev's thing though. Seduce an Apprentice to do your dirty work for you and make him dispensable. That's what Maul, Dooku, Grievous all were. None of those 3 were as powerful as Vader. And there were no more active Jedi to face Vader before Luke. Sheev used Dooku as a stepping stone in Anakin's Progression to the Dark Side. Dooku could have killed him in Ep2 but didn't. Instead it let Anakin's hatred of Dooku build up for Ep3
    Sorry to touch on this for a second. Dooku didn't kill Anakin because he didn't have an A+ chance to as Yoda showed up. He had a chance, but not a great one. They don't have to be as powerful as Vader. But let me propose this plot to you instead for the villain arc.

Instead of getting chopped in half. Obi Wan Anakin's Maul chopping off his arms and lower half of legs and Qui Gon calls out to him. Instead of finishing off Maul he goes to his master. Who tells him to train anakin. While doing this Maul escapes driven by his hatred with the force. In the years in between Maul acts much like he does in the Clone Wars as the leader of the Shadow collective taking over a bunch of crime syndicates as the boss but does this with Palpatine's blessing. He uses his control of these syndicates to make attacks necessary to expose the inefficiency of the republic. Causing a number of planets to talk of succession. I don't really care about the leadership of the CIS but this is where the ancillary villain is. This is your Moff Tarkin, Boba Fett, General Hux, Those types. Guys with names who matter, but who're replaceable as villains. So for your OT comparison. Maul is Vader. Maul meets with the Geonosian leadership and the leaders of the CIS just like Dooku did, but as more of Sidious's Eyes and ears and to pledge the Shadow Collective's resources to the War effort of the CIS. On this planet is where the ancillary villain can die, or he/she doesn't have to. But it plays out similar to how it does in AotC. Except it's Maul combatting Kenobi and Anakin. In which we see an error from Kenobi, his anger exposes himself to weakness and he is bested by maul, who of course chops off Anakin's hand because why not it seems fair. They're saved by a battalion of Clone Troopers and Yoda. So we lose the Yoda/Dooku battle, but this saves up Yoda's lightsaber dueling for RotS where it is more shocking. RotS has the same basic setup. And you don't need Grievous. As Obi Wan could be moved away from Anakin to go and hunt down a lead on the Sith Apprentice, which is a MacGuffin which leads Obi Wan into a trap where he has to escape from members of the Shadow Collective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    I AM THE SENATE....you are now impeached
    I call a vote of no confidence in your leadership.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Sorry to touch on this for a second. Dooku didn't kill Anakin because he didn't have an A+ chance to as Yoda showed up. He had a chance, but not a great one. They don't have to be as powerful as Vader. But let me propose this plot to you instead for the villain arc.

Instead of getting chopped in half. Obi Wan Anakin's Maul chopping off his arms and lower half of legs and Qui Gon calls out to him. Instead of finishing off Maul he goes to his master. Who tells him to train anakin. While doing this Maul escapes driven by his hatred with the force. In the years in between Maul acts much like he does in the Clone Wars as the leader of the Shadow collective taking over a bunch of crime syndicates as the boss but does this with Palpatine's blessing. He uses his control of these syndicates to make attacks necessary to expose the inefficiency of the republic. Causing a number of planets to talk of succession. I don't really care about the leadership of the CIS but this is where the ancillary villain is. This is your Moff Tarkin, Boba Fett, General Hux, Those types. Guys with names who matter, but who're replaceable as villains. So for your OT comparison. Maul is Vader. Maul meets with the Geonosian leadership and the leaders of the CIS just like Dooku did, but as more of Sidious's Eyes and ears and to pledge the Shadow Collective's resources to the War effort of the CIS. On this planet is where the ancillary villain can die, or he/she doesn't have to. But it plays out similar to how it does in AotC. Except it's Maul combatting Kenobi and Anakin. In which we see an error from Kenobi, his anger exposes himself to weakness and he is bested by maul, who of course chops off Anakin's hand because why not it seems fair. They're saved by a battalion of Clone Troopers and Yoda. So we lose the Yoda/Dooku battle, but this saves up Yoda's lightsaber dueling for RotS where it is more shocking. RotS has the same basic setup. And you don't need Grievous. As Obi Wan could be moved away from Anakin to go and hunt down a lead on the Sith Apprentice, which is a MacGuffin which leads Obi Wan into a trap where he has to escape from members of the Shadow Collective.
    Uh no. Dooku was deliberate on purpose, very calculated. He could have murked Obi-Wan right there but didn't, because he wanted Anakin to attempt to save him and fail. Anakin not saving those he cares about is a constant theme in the prequels, and Sheev and Dooku know this. Dooku also knew Yoda was stronger than him in that battle hence why he bailed out at the right time. Dooku is toying with Anakin and Obi-Wan in Ep2.

Dooku knew of Sheev's plan to groom Anakin, but he was so obsessed with being power hungry, that he did not see Sheev using him as at stepping stone for Anakin's ascension to the Dark Side, which is why he gives the look to Sheev like WTF when Sheev tells Anakin "Kill Him. Do It". Sheev was the master manipulator. And it's shown time and time again how he manipulates those around him. Anakin WANTED to save Dooku when he disarmed him, but it was Sheev pushing him. The irony is Anakin tried to save his mother, Obi-Wan, Padme and couldn't, but the one time he actually was in full control of the situation (sparing Dooku's life) he was nudged in the wrong direction by Sheev. The one person he did save though (or at least he thought) was Sheev against Windu. But we all know Sheev purposely tanked against Windu in order to look in danger so Anakin would turn on Windu and further push his ascension to Lord Vader.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Uh no. Dooku was deliberate on purpose, very calculated. He could have murked Obi-Wan right there but didn't, because he wanted Anakin to attempt to save him and fail. Anakin not saving those he cares about is a constant theme in the prequels, and Sheev and Dooku know this. Dooku also knew Yoda was stronger than him in that battle hence why he bailed out at the right time. Dooku is toying with Anakin and Obi-Wan in Ep2.

Dooku knew of Sheev's plan to groom Anakin, but he was so obsessed with being power hungry, that he did not see Sheev using him as at stepping stone for Anakin's ascension to the Dark Side, which is why he gives the look to Sheev like WTF when Sheev tells Anakin "Kill Him. Do It". Sheev was the master manipulator. And it's shown time and time again how he manipulates those around him. Anakin WANTED to save Dooku when he disarmed him, but it was Sheev pushing him. The irony is Anakin tried to save his mother, Obi-Wan, Padme and couldn't, but the one time he actually was in full control of the situation (sparing Dooku's life) he was nudged in the wrong direction by Sheev. The one person he did save though (or at least he thought) was Sheev against Windu. But we all know Sheev purposely tanked against Windu in order to look in danger so Anakin would turn on Windu and further push his ascension to Lord Vader.
    I don't disagree with you, but see my silly meme higher up the thread. Palpatine was relying on a lot of things going right to make his concocted plan work. I think Dooku doesn't kill Obi Wan because I think Dooku thinks he can turn Obi Wan still. Dooku doesn't trust Palpatine either and would rather have a Jedi abandon the council and join him. Dooku attempted to train a former Jedi in canon to overthrow Palpatine. But that didn't work out as he was found out before he was able to train her up well enough.

You're right that Dooku was lied to by Palpatine. IIRC he was told they'd rule the galaxy together with a collection of force users under them, Anakin being one of them. But like every lie in star wars it was just an attempt at manipulation to gain an upper hand.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I don't disagree with you, but see my silly meme higher up the thread. Palpatine was relying on a lot of things going right to make his concocted plan work. I think Dooku doesn't kill Obi Wan because I think Dooku thinks he can turn Obi Wan still. Dooku doesn't trust Palpatine either and would rather have a Jedi abandon the council and join him. Dooku attempted to train a former Jedi in canon to overthrow Palpatine. But that didn't work out as he was found out before he was able to train her up well enough.

You're right that Dooku was lied to by Palpatine. IIRC he was told they'd rule the galaxy together with a collection of force users under them, Anakin being one of them. But like every lie in star wars it was just an attempt at manipulation to gain an upper hand.
    I don't know if Sheeves is relying on things to go right, rather than he's very good at doing these manipulative things and knowing outcomes. For god sakes the dude cheated death, toppled an entire Democratic Republic, and wiped out the entire Jedi Order being outnumbered like 1000 to 1. Saying he's relying on things to go his way is a sour fans way of saying he's not as cunning and manipulative as we think he is.

Sheev knew Anakin would save him from Windu. Sheev knew Dooku was power hungry and fed that until he no longer needed it.

Sheev knew Anakin and Padme were together and that Padme was pregnant. Sheev killed Padme to further fuel Anakin's hate and rage.

Sheev was always the smartest man in the room. What he was not expecting was the Luke Skywalker anomaly, and he was not expecting the power of love between Luke and Vader to overpower his manipulation. This is why a lot of people are not happy with Luke's portrayal in TLJ, because everything we knew about Luke building up to the end of ROTJ had basically been washed. He was just as naive and dumb in TLJ as he was when Obi-Wan met him. That was destroying progression of 3 movies and the imaginary progression that should have happened the following 30 years. Instead we got regression.
    Forever Fredi