Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1755

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I think we'll see some connection that the girl was one of the younglings shown in the temple. She probably saw the holovid of Anakin and Palpatine that Obi Wan and Yoda saw Obi Wan probably told her to hide basically the same thing he told the jedi who was killed on Tatooine. She did and was miserable and was captured by the inquisitors before joining them and she views Obi Wan as betraying her.

Or it's just known in the Inquisitors which isn't out of the realm of possibility. The people who answer directly to Vader probably want to know as much about him as possible to hopefully supplant him and become a Sith Lord, I'm sure that's the goal.

My gripe was her seemingly killing the Grand INquisitor, but we'll see how this plays out. She may not have killed him, or the one we know from Rebels just hasn't shown yet, but I consider that unlikely as Fifth Brother looks a lot like the same fro mRebels. As does the GRand Inquisitor. But maybe now we'll get a Jason Isaacs Grand Inquisitor that we deserve.
    I have a feeling he's not dead but we'll see.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    I have a feeling he's not dead but we'll see.
    I mean that's my gut reaction too. Like he was stabbed but he'll wind up in a Bacta Tank and vader isn't hunting Kenobi but 3rd Sister.

It's also a little weird we learned her name and the Inquisitor didn't refer to her as Third Sister when he was mad but I guess that's me.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    At this point? No. He knew Padme was pregnant but thought the kids didn't make it. I think Palpetine told Vader he murdered Padme in his rage but I'm not 100% on that. Either way, once he feels Luke's presence in EP 4 he does some investigating and finds out the truth prior to EP 5.
    This is correct. Based on what is canon now. The point was that everyone thought Padme's kids passed with her. At Padme's funeral she had a baby bump still. So the idea was only the people int he room and the Lars family would know about them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Tales of the Jedi is a great concept I'm excited to see a new animation project from Filoni.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Just finished watching the first two episodes. The chase scenes were awful and yes, Flea is a terrible actor, but Ewan McGregor is as fantastic as ever and Jimmy Smits did an amazing job. They cast you can Leia well too

Also, no way the Grand Inquisitor is dead. We've seen people survive worse in Star Wars and Rebels is canon so no way he's dead.

I hope the Sister is a former youngling and that's why she knows about Anakin. Any other way doesn't fit.

Ultimately I'm really enjoying the show. Ewan McGregor was the best part of the prequels and he's continuing that. The broken Kenobi is an interesting character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Also, I think Third Sister doesn't want to capture Kenobi to gain favor. She wants Kenobi as part of a plot to kill Vader. I think she's a youngling that escaped and joined the Inquisitors but she hates what she's become, hates Vader, and wants Kenobi as part of a plot to kill Vader.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Also, I think Third Sister doesn't want to capture Kenobi to gain favor. She wants Kenobi as part of a plot to kill Vader. I think she's a youngling that escaped and joined the Inquisitors but she hates what she's become, hates Vader, and wants Kenobi as part of a plot to kill Vader.
    So when Vader kills her that would make her one of like 5 Inquisitors killed by Vader? THere's the red and twilek from the comics, 7th sister or whatever from Fallen Order, I just can't remember if there's another one in there. Falling to their death took 3 technically (the big one from Fallen Order, I think it's 8th?, GRand Inquisitor and the one who tried to copter away on Malechor) and 2 were killed by Maul I believe 5th brother and 9th sister I think. Names aren't coming to me right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Am I the only one who doesn't find Moses Ingram's acting terribly believable? Her anger doesn't feel genuine and her delivery of her lines has been wooden at times. She might just be suffering from being in a show with people who are killing it. Ewan McGregor is awesome and Jimmy Smits has been doing a great job as well. I also really enjoyed Kumail Nanjiani's role. And the girl who plays Leia has had some great moments. Still waiting for Inquisitor Reva to come across as a real character.

But at least she wasn't as bad as Flea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,897 Posts
    Love Macgregor as Kenobi.

But I do not like this broken Kenobi all that much.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Love Macgregor as Kenobi.

But I do not like this broken Kenobi all that much.
    While I don't like the character of broken Kenobi, I know I'm not supposed to. Kenobi is someone who believes he killed a guy he considered a brother, watched countless friends die at the hands of clone troopers, saw the Jedi Order that he believed in crumble, saw the Sith take over the galaxy, and who has spent the last decade hiding (something hard for a Jedi). You'd expect a broken Kenobi. This long form story telling is a great way to explore that.

I also fully believe we'll see a Kenobi redemption arc. We'll see him reclaim his former power and ideals. He'll return to Tatooine but as the master we saw in Episode IV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't find Moses Ingram's acting terribly believable? Her anger doesn't feel genuine and her delivery of her lines has been wooden at times. She might just be suffering from being in a show with people who are killing it. Ewan McGregor is awesome and Jimmy Smits has been doing a great job as well. I also really enjoyed Kumail Nanjiani's role. And the girl who plays Leia has had some great moments. Still waiting for Inquisitor Reva to come across as a real character.

But at least she wasn't as bad as Flea.
    I don't think you're supposed to feel like Reva is a character yet. I think we'll get more filler shortly.I think they're taking full advantage of this longer format. I think she will get her story fleshed out more as it seems like for the most part the threat of the plot is Reva so she'll need to be dealt with. As far as any other inquisitors know she's crazy and lying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Tease for Quinlan Vos live action, nice.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Ewan McGregor is singularly carrying what is other otherwise a very mediocre story (so far).

I was intrigued by the Inquisitors, but I haven’t been impressed with their handling.

Ewan, though, he is worth the price of admission

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Ewan McGregor is singularly carrying what is other otherwise a very mediocre story (so far).

I was intrigued by the Inquisitors, but I haven’t been impressed with their handling.

Ewan, though, he is worth the price of admission
    My personal take was this was going to be a vehicle for McGregor to give prequel fans what they want hours and hours of Obi Wan content with him chewing up the scenery. And that's largely what we got with a few live action clone wars things (Temuera Morrison as a Clone Trooper, 2 Inquisitors from Rebels, etc)

Personally I think 5th brother is killing it. I love him much more than the Rebels 5th brother (who I always thought was a lame Sidekick to 7th sister. He is much more deliberate and powerful in the show. I think the 4th episode is the one that will break the back of the show as far as 3rd sister. If it's another episode where she's just the powerful villain who's always kind of a step ahead of Kenobi and Leia, then lame. I want some juicy details here. I need to know. I don't think unless the final 2 episodes are super long they can properly spell out her motivations in the final 2 episodes and get a satisfying conclusion as to why everyone now assumes Obi Wan is dead except for the Lars family.

I also think the pacing has been quite good. I didn't think they'd go so horror for the show.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Rumor: The ending of obi wan episode 6 has been amended to let the series continue for another season.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Rumor: The ending of obi wan episode 6 has been amended to let the series continue for another season.

biggest viewed premiere of any Disney plus content.
    Forever Fredi

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    The thing I don't like about this series is it looks like a TV show.

It sucks the first return duel of Kenobi and Vader takes place at some low rent textile mill that looks like it's somewhere in Texas.

Kenobi and Vader are two of the biggest icons in Star Wars lore. They deserved better. The location and setting was just so uninspiring. Star Wars locations usually look larger than life and alien.

It looks like some 90s Sci fi show.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I mean it should look like a TV show. It's shot for that format it should feel like it. Mandalorian had the same feel. A bigger gripe is when a movie is shot like a TV show.

But that being said, I think you should consider the implication of the battle. It wasn't to be a fair combat. It was the culmination of all of Kenobi's fears. He was hunted and toyed with by Vader, overpowered and humiliated. Him being unable to run or hide because they were in the middle of a literal pit, where he was left with nowhere to run or hide.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    The thing I don't like about this series is it looks like a TV show.

It sucks the first return duel of Kenobi and Vader takes place at some low rent textile mill that looks like it's somewhere in Texas.

Kenobi and Vader are two of the biggest icons in Star Wars lore. They deserved better. The location and setting was just so uninspiring. Star Wars locations usually look larger than life and alien.

It looks like some 90s Sci fi show.
    The location was generic, but I did like the actual approach to filming it.