Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1758

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,531 Posts
    Man, this Obi-Wan show is a pile of ****ing dog ****.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Man, this Obi-Wan show is a pile of ****ing dog ****.
    It could have been an acceptable movie. There's just so much BS filler.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,531 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    It could have been an acceptable movie. There's just so much BS filler.
    The filler doesn’t even make the top 5 reasons it sucks.

Yet, I’m 4 episodes in and still watching it. And it’s because I think the characterization of Obi-Wan and his relationship with Vader has been mostly pretty good, and that intrigues me. Unfortunately, that’s about the only thing the show has done right. What a wasted opportunity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    They should have abandoned the Leia story, abandoned the inquisitor story, and just stuck with it being Obi Wan and Vader. With all the back story of Obi Wan and Anakin now filled out, fleshing out Obi Wan and Vader would have been awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,903 Posts
    I don't mind the Inquisitor portion, as its largely been untouched except in Rebels a bit.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I don't mind the Inquisitor portion, as its largely been untouched except in Rebels a bit.
    Her story didn't really fit in with Obi Wan's story. I think it would have been better as a stand alone show. A show following an Inquisitor becoming disillusioned with the Empire and turning from the dark side would have some great potential. As it was they couldn't explore it deep enough and it took away from what they could do with Obi Wan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,903 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Her story didn't really fit in with Obi Wan's story. I think it would have been better as a stand alone show. A show following an Inquisitor becoming disillusioned with the Empire and turning from the dark side would have some great potential. As it was they couldn't explore it deep enough and it took away from what they could do with Obi Wan.
    I don't disagree, but the others I felt were a good addition.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    I don't disagree, but the others I felt were a good addition.
    Yeah, I don't mind the inclusion of inquisitors. They're interesting and would absolutely fit the timeline. I just wanted the unnecessary side storylines trimmed away leaving more Obi Wan and Vader stuff. Their interactions were the best parts of the series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Her story could have fit with Obi-Wans. But not in the arc of the show as they chose it.

Mind you the thing she holds onto the most is the trauma of being a padawan/youngling during Order 66. Anakin being Obi-Wan's apprentice she could easily blame Anakin's turn to the dark side on Obi-Wan. Additionally she'd be pissed that Obi-Wan didn't finish Anakin off letting him become Darth Vader. Which could have tied her to Obi-Wan in one of 2 ways. If she was the villain she wants to kill Obi-Wan for turning her into who she was. Hatred in a parallel format of Anakin's hatred of Obi-Wan. Or she Kidnaps Leia to seek out Obi-Wan to try and kill anakin once and for all. Promising to keep him safe or whatever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    It's heavy in rebels. It was basically the villain of the first 2 seasons except for Vader stepping in.

Also they were heavy in Jedi Fallen Order as you fought like 3 or 4 of them. What I like so far about the usage of Inquisitors as these villains is they're easy kills because they're all gone before the events in ANH.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    The filler doesn’t even make the top 5 reasons it sucks.

Yet, I’m 4 episodes in and still watching it. And it’s because I think the characterization of Obi-Wan and his relationship with Vader has been mostly pretty good, and that intrigues me. Unfortunately, that’s about the only thing the show has done right. What a wasted opportunity.
    Filler and weird character choices are my least favorite things. THere's something coming up later (I think) that will piss you off.

It's rare that a Star Wars show doesn't get a rewatch for me. And Kenobi is one. Like that and Resistance are the only ones I don't intend to rewatch. I haven't technically watched Andor again, but I will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    So, who set up the Naboo ship for Baby Yoda's escape? I'm thinking it was JarJar. It makes sense to have Ahmed Best there if it's JarJar saving the day. Also, if Baby Yoda was taken and hidden with the Gunguns, it would explain why Baby Yoda loves to eat frogs and other swamp prey.

We know it can't be Padme as she didn't know about the attack on the Temple until much later. The Emperor is the only other Naboo native clearly on Coruscant but Ahmed Best's character would never get on a ship sent by the Emperor.

The other option is Bail Organa. He knew the Temple was under attack (we see that in ROTS) and he was close with Padme so might be able to get the Naboo guards to set up the ship. So he makes some sense.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    I am not as hard on Obi-Wan as some. Episode 6 got to me. I won't spoil it other than say it proves Vader and Anakin are separate entities which is how I have always viewed them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    So, who set up the Naboo ship for Baby Yoda's escape? I'm thinking it was JarJar. It makes sense to have Ahmed Best there if it's JarJar saving the day. Also, if Baby Yoda was taken and hidden with the Gunguns, it would explain why Baby Yoda loves to eat frogs and other swamp prey.

We know it can't be Padme as she didn't know about the attack on the Temple until much later. The Emperor is the only other Naboo native clearly on Coruscant but Ahmed Best's character would never get on a ship sent by the Emperor.

The other option is Bail Organa. He knew the Temple was under attack (we see that in ROTS) and he was close with Padme so might be able to get the Naboo guards to set up the ship. So he makes some sense.
    That's the theory I've seen rolling through Star Wars Twitterverse. I think it was something Padme and Organa set up though. Seeing the risk of the downfall of the republic they likely started making some bug out plans. As it seemed the council shared the same concerns they likely told certain members of the jedi order. Or it was a known escape vessel in case someone was at risk. We'd seen PAdme and Organa's life be at risk for being opposing voices in the Senate. Maybe they set a fueled and ready to go ship for anyone's use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    That's the theory I've seen rolling through Star Wars Twitterverse. I think it was something Padme and Organa set up though. Seeing the risk of the downfall of the republic they likely started making some bug out plans. As it seemed the council shared the same concerns they likely told certain members of the jedi order. Or it was a known escape vessel in case someone was at risk. We'd seen PAdme and Organa's life be at risk for being opposing voices in the Senate. Maybe they set a fueled and ready to go ship for anyone's use.
    I could also see Yoda having orchestrated it. Baby Yoda was clearly considered to be of supreme importance to the Jedi considering there were 4 knights/masters guarding Baby Yoda and 0 guarding the other Younglings. Kelleran Beq was a master who it appears was on a mission to find and protect Baby Yoda so someone probably sent him. He then finds Baby Yoda and immediately goes to a prepared extraction point.

If Beq was sent specifically to find Baby Yoda then it would likely have been a Jedi that sent him and a high ranking one at that. Yoda would easily have the authority to send a master in on a rescue mission to save a specific, ultra valuable youngling. He probably could have gotten the Naboo delegation to give him a ship to use even if Padme had no idea what was going on.

If Yoda species Jedi are extremely rare and extremely powerful, it would make sense that he would want to ensure Baby Yoda's survival over all else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I still wonder who will finally break the details on the Yoda race. We've seen Yoda, Yaddle and Grogu, and the implication is they're rare, at least in terms of being in the galactic representation.

But at some point we'll see a home planet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Boyyyy

That episode of the Mandalorian. What I assume was Zeb cameo (GIMME HERA) some questions still. Beskar hints at ye old Super Commandos. The pro-empire mandalorians that haven't been shown since Rebels.

But yeah lots of interesting stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Boyyyy

That episode of the Mandalorian. What I assume was Zeb cameo (GIMME HERA) some questions still. Beskar hints at ye old Super Commandos. The pro-empire mandalorians that haven't been shown since Rebels.

But yeah lots of interesting stuff.
    It would be either the collaborator Super Commandos or else an attempt to deflect blame away from the Empire (see Thrawn) and into the people who captured Moff Gideon to begin with.

Considering the talks of Bo Katan untiting all tribes, I think the collaborators. They're still Mandalorian and Bo Katan would be tasked with bringing them into the fold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    It would be either the collaborator Super Commandos or else an attempt to deflect blame away from the Empire (see Thrawn) and into the people who captured Moff Gideon to begin with.

Considering the talks of Bo Katan untiting all tribes, I think the collaborators. They're still Mandalorian and Bo Katan would be tasked with bringing them into the fold.
    I mean throwing the idea that the Mandalorians sprung Gideon and they know where they are would set up tension.

Honestly they need to give Bryce Dallas Howard her own star wars show or movie. She's been ****ing fire. Basically my favorite Mando Episode from every season and my favorite episode for BoBF were directed by her.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    I mean throwing the idea that the Mandalorians sprung Gideon and they know where they are would set up tension.

Honestly they need to give Bryce Dallas Howard her own star wars show or movie. She's been ****ing fire. Basically my favorite Mando Episode from every season and my favorite episode for BoBF were directed by her.
    Truth. Bryce Dallas Howard is proof that real Star Wars fans couldn't care less if the director is a man or a woman and they don't actually think that "Star Wars isn't for girls." Real Star Wars fans just want good Star Wars content. Bryce Dallas Howard gives amazing Star Wars content. I'd put her up there with Favreau and Filoni as someone who just understands what Star Wars is supposed to be.

I'd love to see her get her own trilogy or show as well. The reason Star Wars was disappointing at the box office wasn't that there was too much Star Wars content as the powers at Disney determined, it was there wasn't enough good Star Wars content. Kennedy's mind boggling decision to go into the sequel trilogy with no pre-determined storyline and the Camel (horse designed by a committee) that was Solo made for some really disappointing content. If they're more deliberate in deciding what to make and give the projects to people who understand Star Wars they'll make plenty of money.