Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1755

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    One good Mando episode followed up by an absolute DUD.

That crap was awful
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,291 Posts
    Mandalorian has been dreadful the season.

What a waste of time this last episode

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    One good Mando episode followed up by an absolute DUD.

That crap was awful
    Hands down one of the weirdest episodes, the tone was buckwild. I liked the beginning of the episode I'm sure I'll be in the minority but I thought it was kind of fun seeing the Mandalorians being so out of place, I didn't think the payoff was good. I think tying it to the finale would have been more satisfying like if somehow they figured out that it came from Gideon's storm troopers. Not from some separatist who didn't like change. Then the odd tonal shift from the serious people int he silly environment to 2 mandalorians having an impactful battle and ending with Bo Katan getting the Darksaber, it felt rushed. They either could have shaved more off the earlier parts of the episode, or added more to the earlier part with a better payoff later in the season.

I liked the planet a whole lot, I thoroughly enjoyed the silly vibe of Jack Black and Lizzo, I thought it was a cool concept that didn't deliver because it didn't advance the plot of the season, it felt like a filler episode.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,291 Posts
    This whole season has felt like filler.

The best parts of S3 were tucked in the middle of the unnecessary Boba Fett show.

It’s a shame because I really enjoyed S1 & S2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I was hoping this episode would set up the finale. But it is looking more and more like the finale will be setting up the next season and the Ahsoka series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I mean that episode was total dog ****
    Ivermectin Man

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Star Wars is ready to explore new corners of the galaxy.

At Friday's massive Star Wars Celebration panel, Lucasfilm unveiled plans for new Star Wars movies, including one that broke the audience's brains: Daisy Ridley's Rey will return for one of these films.

Filmmaker Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel) will direct Ridley, whose character will come back to the big screen now as a Jedi master in a film set 15 years after the events of 2019's The Rise of Skywalker. It'll be "set in a Jedi academy with a powerful Jedi master," Obaid-Chinoy said on stage, referring to Rey, whose mission will be to rebuild the Jedi Order.

Good god. Disney has learned nothing its failures.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Star Wars is ready to explore new corners of the galaxy.

At Friday's massive Star Wars Celebration panel, Lucasfilm unveiled plans for new Star Wars movies, including one that broke the audience's brains: Daisy Ridley's Rey will return for one of these films.

Filmmaker Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel) will direct Ridley, whose character will come back to the big screen now as a Jedi master in a film set 15 years after the events of 2019's The Rise of Skywalker. It'll be "set in a Jedi academy with a powerful Jedi master," Obaid-Chinoy said on stage, referring to Rey, whose mission will be to rebuild the Jedi Order.

Good god. Disney has learned nothing its failures.
    I am half interested in all the films announced. I do think the problem any of them could run into is the issue with antagonists.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    TO me there's a lot to be excited about, whether the show delivers or not we'll see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Hands down one of the weirdest episodes, the tone was buckwild. I liked the beginning of the episode I'm sure I'll be in the minority but I thought it was kind of fun seeing the Mandalorians being so out of place, I didn't think the payoff was good. I think tying it to the finale would have been more satisfying like if somehow they figured out that it came from Gideon's storm troopers. Not from some separatist who didn't like change. Then the odd tonal shift from the serious people int he silly environment to 2 mandalorians having an impactful battle and ending with Bo Katan getting the Darksaber, it felt rushed. They either could have shaved more off the earlier parts of the episode, or added more to the earlier part with a better payoff later in the season.

I liked the planet a whole lot, I thoroughly enjoyed the silly vibe of Jack Black and Lizzo, I thought it was a cool concept that didn't deliver because it didn't advance the plot of the season, it felt like a filler episode.
    I'm with you. I liked the planet. It felt authentic to the universe. Jack Black was great but he's normally great.

I wouldn't have minded this episode as the second episode of a season when you have time to have bottle episodes but they should be building to a climax now. Very little plot movement.

Baby Yoda has been on the shelf too much this season. He was big on Mandalore but has disappeared in a lot of episodes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Super excited about this. I can't wait to see what they do with Thrawn. The Heir to the Empire line was a nice nod to the original books.

I wonder if they'll go with Thrawn just having red eyes or if they'll go all the way to the red glowing eyes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I'm with you. I liked the planet. It felt authentic to the universe. Jack Black was great but he's normally great.

I wouldn't have minded this episode as the second episode of a season when you have time to have bottle episodes but they should be building to a climax now. Very little plot movement.

Baby Yoda has been on the shelf too much this season. He was big on Mandalore but has disappeared in a lot of episodes.
    I'm just afraid this is all done to set the scene for Ahsoka. Reading through some old press release stuff it seems like they shoehorned plot points they wanted to do for Rangers of the New Republic into Mandalorian (likely explains why you see so much of New Republic stuff when you haven't in the past) but I feel a bit like we're gonna get a rushed ending leaving a lot to be desired.

I think more and more likely we're going to see a Mandoverse. Leading to a culminating battle where Din, Boba, etc. join Ahsoka, etc. in fighting the last remaining remnant of the Empire.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Super excited about this. I can't wait to see what they do with Thrawn. The Heir to the Empire line was a nice nod to the original books.

I wonder if they'll go with Thrawn just having red eyes or if they'll go all the way to the red glowing eyes.

IMO. Thrawn is big enough he should be the villain in the next movie saga. He’s much more than tv fodder

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    IMO. Thrawn is big enough he should be the villain in the next movie saga. He’s much more than tv fodder
    If you were to poll the average star wars fan, even with Rebels, most of them wouldn't know Thrawn. Sure the hard core fans know him.But the hard core portion of the fanbase isn't enough to actually make money.

Thrawn being involved in Rebels didn't drive up viewership of the show. Thrawn's recent books sold fine but weren't anything spectacular.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    If you were to poll the average star wars fan, even with Rebels, most of them wouldn't know Thrawn. Sure the hard core fans know him.But the hard core portion of the fanbase isn't enough to actually make money.

Thrawn being involved in Rebels didn't drive up viewership of the show. Thrawn's recent books sold fine but weren't anything spectacular.
    Thrawn will whip the core fandom into a frenzy. When Lars Mikelson came on stage at the Star Wars celebration the crowd went nuts. But I agree that he's not super well known outside the core.

HOWEVER, he is a fantastic character that if done well will become very popular. I don't want to see him wasted. He's perhaps the best villain in Star Wars. He's not the mustache twirling evil of the Sith. He's not evil at all. If I had to put an alignment on him it would be lawful neutral. In the right setting he's a protagonist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Thrawn will whip the core fandom into a frenzy. When Lars Mikelson came on stage at the Star Wars celebration the crowd went nuts. But I agree that he's not super well known outside the core.

HOWEVER, he is a fantastic character that if done well will become very popular. I don't want to see him wasted. He's perhaps the best villain in Star Wars. He's not the mustache twirling evil of the Sith. He's not evil at all. If I had to put an alignment on him it would be lawful neutral. In the right setting he's a protagonist.
    I think he will generate a lot of positive buzz if he's done well. Which he should. He was an awesome villain in Rebels. Basically only being able to be defeated by forces outside of his purview, the bendu (which he did wind up besting at a great cost) and being shipnapped by Purgill. Though now that he's not in possession of technological and numerical superiority it will require him to really use his maximum tactical ability.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Exactly. The generation that grew up with Thrawn are adults and don’t watch star wars cartoons on Disney channel. The books are regarded as the best SW books in that era.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,052 Posts
    Exactly. The generation that grew up with Thrawn are adults and don’t watch star wars cartoons on Disney channel. The books are regarded as the best SW books in that era.
    One of the prized pieces in my collection is an in box micro-machine set based on Heir to the Empire when it first came out that I got Timothy Zahn to sign. He thought it was hilarious that had tracked a set down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Boy that episode of the Mandalorian was brutal.

Feel like they were cramming a ton of stuff in that episode to set up the finale. Where was all this earlier, we could have explored some of this stuff more. SPent more time on Mandalore with the remnants, etc. this feels like this episode should have been episodes 5-7, not just 7.Would love more info about the Imperials.