Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1755

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    I have listened to some summaries of the star wars legends book series. Those would make for some damn good tv series or movies. That's want to see. I pretty much quit on the franchise about 75% through the Solo movie. This **** was so bad. I liked the prequels though.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I have listened to some summaries of the star wars legends book series. Those would make for some damn good tv series or movies. That's want to see. I pretty much quit on the franchise about 75% through the Solo movie. This **** was so bad. I liked the prequels though.
    It was my hope that Thrawn would be the villain of the sequel trilogy. He's an imperial but one you almost root for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Season 5 I think was struggling in a number of departments. I don't necessarily think it was for the kids, I think it was to figure out what they could explore.

But it's got my second favorite arc as well. The Maul/Savage taking over Death Watch.

I liked the Onderon arc. It did a quality job of setting up the rebellion.
    I just finished the rewatch of the Mail/Savage taking over Death Watch. That last episode is so good. The silhouette of Obi Wan looking out into the carnage of the landing platform. Palpatine showing just how powerful he is in not even breaking a sweat taking on Mail and Savage. Fantastic episode.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I just finished the rewatch of the Mail/Savage taking over Death Watch. That last episode is so good. The silhouette of Obi Wan looking out into the carnage of the landing platform. Palpatine showing just how powerful he is in not even breaking a sweat taking on Mail and Savage. Fantastic episode.
    It's the best arc of the Clone Wars bar none. It was the only real threat to the main characters and I mean it sets up Maul as a tragic villain that makes his rebels arc even better. Watching Sidious toy with them was amusing. And it highlighted why he was nearly unbeatable. No one tapping into the Dark SIde could beat him. And it makes me believe he chose to lose to Mace as it was what he needed to turn Anakin. They could probably forgive his other discretions but saving a Sith Lord and being involved in the Death of a Member of the Council, that was a step too far.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    It's the best arc of the Clone Wars bar none. It was the only real threat to the main characters and I mean it sets up Maul as a tragic villain that makes his rebels arc even better. Watching Sidious toy with them was amusing. And it highlighted why he was nearly unbeatable. No one tapping into the Dark SIde could beat him. And it makes me believe he chose to lose to Mace as it was what he needed to turn Anakin. They could probably forgive his other discretions but saving a Sith Lord and being involved in the Death of a Member of the Council, that was a step too far.
    I don't think Palpatine chose to lose. I think Windu was probably the only Jedi capable of beating Palpatine in a lightsaber duel. Yoda might have been able to do it had it not been for the unfavorable terrain of the Senate. Windu was the "Jedi Champion" after all.

I still want them to bring back Windu. You don't see him die so by movie logic he must be alive. A fallen Mace Windu would be a fantastic character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    I don't think Palpatine chose to lose. I think Windu was probably the only Jedi capable of beating Palpatine in a lightsaber duel. Yoda might have been able to do it had it not been for the unfavorable terrain of the Senate. Windu was the "Jedi Champion" after all.

I still want them to bring back Windu. You don't see him die so by movie logic he must be alive. A fallen Mace Windu would be a fantastic character.
    The difference between Yoda and Windu is that Yoda was coming from the side of the light. Yoda didn't go into Palpatine's chambers to kill him. He went in to face him. Which to be fair neither did Windu, but Windu's fighting style is Vapaad (sp?) which draws on the dark side. Which is why I believe he threw his battle with Windu. I understand Mace was arguably the best duelist in the Jedi Order. I get it, but seeing Sidious destroy opress and Maul, warriors who were able to handle themselves against superior duelists as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    The difference between Yoda and Windu is that Yoda was coming from the side of the light. Yoda didn't go into Palpatine's chambers to kill him. He went in to face him. Which to be fair neither did Windu, but Windu's fighting style is Vapaad (sp?) which draws on the dark side. Which is why I believe he threw his battle with Windu. I understand Mace was arguably the best duelist in the Jedi Order. I get it, but seeing Sidious destroy opress and Maul, warriors who were able to handle themselves against superior duelists as well.
    This might be one of those areas that falls into head canon. Whatever you like best can be your interpretation. Personally, I don't see Palpatine desperately using force lightning to the point that it's physically harming him if it was a setup. I think Palpatine was terrified and lashing out desperately to try to fend off death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    This might be one of those areas that falls into head canon. Whatever you like best can be your interpretation. Personally, I don't see Palpatine desperately using force lightning to the point that it's physically harming him if it was a setup. I think Palpatine was terrified and lashing out desperately to try to fend off death.
    That is the logical explanation, for sure. But given what we've seen from Sidious I think everything was intentional. You can assume that if you think anything in Rise of Skywalker was possible that he was playing 4D chess from the beginning of the Saga if he can get Death Star Destroyer fleets built in a few years and clone and put Snoke in place, etc. that he has to have forethought and that he chose to deform himself for 2 reasons.

1. Sympathy from Anakin, he knew Anakin "needed" him to save Padme, and the frailer and weaker he looked the better. It would be.

2. Sympathy from the Republic and reason for his reclusiveness and high level of protections. He knew that by looking deformed that he could skirt being in the public eye when he ran the empire.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    That is the logical explanation, for sure. But given what we've seen from Sidious I think everything was intentional. You can assume that if you think anything in Rise of Skywalker was possible that he was playing 4D chess from the beginning of the Saga if he can get Death Star Destroyer fleets built in a few years and clone and put Snoke in place, etc. that he has to have forethought and that he chose to deform himself for 2 reasons.

1. Sympathy from Anakin, he knew Anakin "needed" him to save Padme, and the frailer and weaker he looked the better. It would be.

2. Sympathy from the Republic and reason for his reclusiveness and high level of protections. He knew that by looking deformed that he could skirt being in the public eye when he ran the empire.
    I've given up even attempting to reconcile the sequel trilogy with the rest. I can't even reconcile the sequel trilogy movies with each other. Regardless of what you think about any individual movie, the trilogy as a whole was a mess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    I've given up even attempting to reconcile the sequel trilogy with the rest. I can't even reconcile the sequel trilogy movies with each other. Regardless of what you think about any individual movie, the trilogy as a whole was a mess.
    But it also fits in CLone Wars canon. Sidious fought off Maul and Opress with little issue. Maul was only ever bested by a single Jedi, arguably the best defensive duelist of all time. Sure he probably loses to people he didn't face like Yoda and Anakin, but Maul was skillful with his saber.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

That’s how episode 9 should had ended. Rey Standing over kylo after his self sacrifice and then out of nowhere You hear a lightsaber light up, cue to reys face where it’s evident she’d been stabbed from behind. She falls over dead. You fade out with a glimpse of ThrawnS face saying ‘the days of a weak empire are over’ Roll credits. Would had saved the movie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    wegotthiscovered is a garbage site. Back when I was on facebook I blocked them from showing up as ads because they failed so many basic logic trips.

This one they did too. Critiquing Ep 9 for fan service than suggesting fixing it with Fan Service.

I didn't want Thrawn. This was an easy fix, Kylo is the bad guy. If you want to give him a redemption that's fine, but have him be the villain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    That’s how episode 9 should had ended. Rey Standing over kylo after his self sacrifice and then out of nowhere You hear a lightsaber light up, cue to reys face where it’s evident she’d been stabbed from behind. She falls over dead. You fade out with a glimpse of ThrawnS face saying ‘the days of a weak empire are over’ Roll credits. Would had saved the movie.
    That would be a horrible ending to a Saga. You don't tease another villain at the end of a saga.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    wegotthiscovered is a garbage site. Back when I was on facebook I blocked them from showing up as ads because they failed so many basic logic trips.

This one they did too. Critiquing Ep 9 for fan service than suggesting fixing it with Fan Service.

I didn't want Thrawn. This was an easy fix, Kylo is the bad guy. If you want to give him a redemption that's fine, but have him be the villain.
    It's absolutely a trash site. Still, I want Thrawn as a main villain in movie or live action series. He's such a dynamic villain. he's not evil just to be evil, he's actually somewhat sympathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    It's absolutely a trash site. Still, I want Thrawn as a main villain in movie or live action series. He's such a dynamic villain. he's not evil just to be evil, he's actually somewhat sympathetic.
    Thrawn isn't expressly sympathetic. He's really relatable. Similar to Tarkin. Honor bound even if they aren't to the right side because of their prospective growing up is different than the other side.

I wouldn't be phased one way or the other if he's back in other media, I'm enjoying Zahn's new books so as long as he keeps churning them out I'm sated. I think the next one is coming out soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Thrawn isn't expressly sympathetic. He's really relatable. Similar to Tarkin. Honor bound even if they aren't to the right side because of their prospective growing up is different than the other side.

I wouldn't be phased one way or the other if he's back in other media, I'm enjoying Zahn's new books so as long as he keeps churning them out I'm sated. I think the next one is coming out soon.
    The new Thrawn books are really, really good. The first of the new trilogy is probably my favorite Star Wars book.

In that vein, I think a movie or show with an imperial as the protagonist would be interesting. I like the opportunity the non Skywalker saga movies and shows have to explore those different perspectives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    I agree.

I would love to see different perspectives. It's one of the parts I really enjoyed of the Aftermath trilogy, was Rae Sloane's story.

Similar to the Aphra comics. Having a different perspective is intriguing. Aphra is supposedly coming to a show which if they do right will be amazing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    I agree.

I would love to see different perspectives. It's one of the parts I really enjoyed of the Aftermath trilogy, was Rae Sloane's story.

Similar to the Aphra comics. Having a different perspective is intriguing. Aphra is supposedly coming to a show which if they do right will be amazing.
    I feel the non-Skywalker Saga movies and shows give a fantastic opportunity for exploring other aspects of the universe.

Of the three major properties outside the saga (Rogue One, Solo, and Mandalorian), only Solo want very good. Rogue One was a Star Wars as a Dirty Dozen like war movie and Mandalorian gives a western spin on things. Both are fantastic.

Solo would have been great as a heist movie is executed better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,467 Posts
    Solo was a fine film. People hated on it too much because it wasn't what people wanted. But if you just consider it as a roadtrip movie, which it basically is. It's a silly fun movie.

To me the shame was it tanked in the BO and if it hadn't, we would probably have a Shadow Collective centric movie.