Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I have secondhand embarrassment for ZTB right now so bad.

That line about owning sturg like an untrained force user was Leia "mary poppins" scene cringeworthy.
    It was supposed to be cringeworthy. I'm glad I was able to make you feel how I've felt reading people like sturg and Cy not grasp simple concepts.

I could take this next level but I don't really want to. For me the typical pedants are just being pedants.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    But you didn't mention the rest of that. Like when the moronic pedants are done having a hissy fit there's a good chance the film will move up. I don't have the facts but as I recall that's what happened with RotS, it started out low like the other prequels before moving up a bit in retrospect.
    Nope. That’s the opposite of what happened with RoTS.

And you keep acting like far right-wingers are the only ones giving it negative reviews, when that’s far from the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    When someone steps in with weak **** like you have then yes, they are amateurs. Notice I've not shat on SAV's opinions largely aside from debates that we had. It's only the people who bring up asinine points like why did the bombers drop bombs in zero gravity, or how is what Leia did a force pull, or so on so forth. I could cite the dumb things, but I already have corrected them.
    You’re arguing ****ing semantics. Leia doing a force pull instead of a push doesn’t make the scene any less dumb.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Star Wars fans, there will be a point in the nearish future when you won't have to go to the theaters to get all the spacefaring action you can handle. Disney and Lucasfilm have made the grand announcement that Iron Man and The Jungle Book director Jon Favreau has signed on to create a new live-action Star Wars TV series that is set to debut on Disney's impending standalone streaming service. Huzzah!

This could be pretty good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Nope. That’s the opposite of what happened with RoTS.
    Source?

I don't have the time to really go into depth on this. But the recent reviews have averaged out to 8. I think most of the early reviews have most of the really low scores like 1s and 2s. Again, I don't care to do the work (wish IMDB had some stats on this just because) because there are 500K reviews and it's way too much effort and what effort I would put in would result in a small sample size.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    You’re arguing ****ing semantics. Leia doing a force pull instead of a push doesn’t make the scene any less dumb.
    Why though? Why is it dumb that the daughter of Anakin Skywalker, Sister of Luke Skywalker, who could feel her Husband die all the way across the Galaxy (For a USA comparison it would be like someone in Georgia sensing something in Alaska, except the Galaxy is 100K light years,So she isn't weak with the force) be able to do a weak force pull? Even with no training (that we know of, 30 years passed between RotJ and TFA so who knows what she learned) why is it out of even a simple logic jump that Leia could force pull herself onto the ship.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (03-08-2018), jpx7 (03-09-2018)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Why though? Why is it dumb that the daughter of Anakin Skywalker, Sister of Luke Skywalker, who could feel her Husband die all the way across the Galaxy (For a USA comparison it would be like someone in Georgia sensing something in Alaska, except the Galaxy is 100K light years,So she isn't weak with the force) be able to do a weak force pull? Even with no training (that we know of, 30 years passed between RotJ and TFA so who knows what she learned) why is it out of even a simple logic jump that Leia could force pull herself onto the ship.
    I'm the guy who thought Yoda was still alive, so I'm obviously not steeped in the lore, but I saw the latest installment and I knew of the controversial Leia scene prior to seeing it, but I can't figure out why so many people are griping about it. It's science fiction/fantasy. Lots of crap can happen.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (03-09-2018), zitothebrave (03-08-2018)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Onto a more interesting topic than proving amateurs to be the amateurs that they are.

Rebels season 4 was pretty freaking brilliant. I mean the whole show was brilliant, but season 4 was the brilliant cherry on top. I'm gonna wrap spoilers below though I doubt few even watch it.

Spoiler: 
    Holy crap the finale. Skipping ahead to a post Endor universe. You have Hera still alive, Sabine still alive, Kallus and Zeb still alive (and kind of fully assuming the Gimli/Legolas role) oh yeah Hera and Kanan had a kid, Captain Rex lived all the way to the battle of Endor fighting alongside Han and Leia, Ahsoka lives, Ezra perhaps lives? This sets up so much for the future. First off the glorious last episode where Ezra resists the Dark Side's temptation that would have had Palpatine have access to space/time is insane. I love about Rebels is the pure mysticism of it. It's so freaking wonderful and the role they all play is great in it. And it isn't just the force that's mystical (though through beasts like Loth Wolves and the force being Bendu we're treated to something never before seen on screen) there's a special bond that we rarely have seen. This shows the full training of Ezra, from someone who knows nothing to someone who saved his homeworld as something a little more than a Jedi. I will miss it dearly. I will be binging it shortly to watch the whole thing in a row. Reading the thread on reddit people who binged cause a whole lot of things I didn't.

Spoiler: 
    This sets up an interesting theory about Luke and Ahsoka. Luke clearly goes from lightsaber noob to pro between Empire and Jedi. There hasn't been much new canon material set between Empire and Jedi. The only thing is a Leia book/comic where it shows shes clearly not with Luke at the time. Luke could have found her and had some lightsaber training.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Spoiler: 
    This sets up an interesting theory about Luke and Ahsoka. Luke clearly goes from lightsaber noob to pro between Empire and Jedi. There hasn't been much new canon material set between Empire and Jedi. The only thing is a Leia book/comic where it shows shes clearly not with Luke at the time. Luke could have found her and had some lightsaber training.
    Spoiler: 
    I also think that it sets up Luke's opinion on the Jedi Order post his academy. If Ahsoka talked to Luke she likely would have told of the failure of the jedi order as someone who the Jedi Order failed. Really excited to see how this plays with everything in the future. Ahsoka living changes so very very much in the OT. Add in that Filoni confirms Ezra and Thrawn survived the journey so who the **** knows where things are going. Lots of exciting possibilities for the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Got it on 4k Blu-ray today. It looks so good. Better than my local crappy theaters. Only area I don't match on is sound.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Got it on 4k Blu-ray today. It looks so good. Better than my local crappy theaters. Only area I don't match on is sound.
    If It comes with a digital download code there’s another alternate version of it on the moviesanywhere app.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    If It comes with a digital download code there’s another alternate version of it on the moviesanywhere app.
    It comes with a code. So I'll check it out at some poitn.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    It comes with a code. So I'll check it out at some poitn.
    It’s just John Williams score only version. No sound effects, no nothing. I watched it for about five minutes. Some people actually enjoyed it.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Got the steelbook yesterday to go with the rest of them I have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Got the steelbook yesterday to go with the rest of them I have
    It's my first Steelbook. I have the original releases on DVD (except for ANH which somehow I lost) and I got the Blu-Ray version they did a few years ago. I don't really need the Steel book version, just thought it would be fun.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    It's my first Steelbook. I have the original releases on DVD (except for ANH which somehow I lost) and I got the Blu-Ray version they did a few years ago. I don't really need the Steel book version, just thought it would be fun.
    Yeah I got the steelbooks with the cool cover art for 1-6 that they released a few years ago. Decided I might as well keep it going when TFA came out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    I like that they are re-cannonizing Chewy being 200 years old in A New Hope with this movie.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Finally got around to watch it on my HDR system.

Ho-hum so many inconsistencies and not even funny.

Ben has all the powers, yet had trouble with the red SS while he bounced Hugs or Hux around like a pinball.

Ben and Rey sword play is TERRIBLE. I would gut both of them at the same time it was that bad.

Why didn't a hot ass Laura Dern did that as soon as the transports were off, could have saved a half dozen or more. I have to give it up, that was a very cool procedure.

And that black former storm trooper, his acting skills are horrible, wooden and non convincing. The Chinese chick was more authentic.

Snoke exhibited more power than the emperor but dumb as a ton of bricks. Sheesh.

The dog-fighting was good though and watching those turbo laser bouncing off the shields were impressive.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Get a receiver, you will thank me later.

My setup, it was good, the visuals were not as I thought they would, better than theater for sure they say. First DVD I actually rented from the store that cost more than a dollar and it was worth it.

Now Maze Runner, Jumanji, Justice League, RAgnarok, all in 4k I will watch this week and see if their is a big difference than their Blu-Ray counterpart.