Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
While I would LOVE the last trilogy to be consigned to Legends status and removed from the canon, it wont happen if for no other reason than appearances. You're never going to see a studio admit they screwed up on that level.

Honestly, I think the best we can hope for is that Kennedy gets completely ousted from Lucasfilm and Favreau is handed the reins entirely. We have to remember that it was Kennedy who was in charge during this last trilogy. She allowed the disjointed back and forth between Rian Johnson and Abrams. She bears a lot of the responsibility for dividing the fanbase.

Speaking of dividing the fanbase, I'm tired of people accusing anyone who didn't like the recent trilogy (and especially those that loathed the last Jedi) as "toxic fans". If I go into a restaurant, get served a steaming dog turd, and I complain about it, am I a toxic customer? Of course not. Why then is anyone who Disney is trying to sell Star Wars to considered toxic when they think the Star Wars movies they get are complete crap.

It's interesting that people defending Johnson and Abrams were complaining about how toxic fans have ruined it and how there will never be anything Star Wars again that's not divisive. Then Favreau strolls in and drops Baby Yoda. Universal praise. If you hire people that actually understand the universe and are fans of it, you get a much better product than the crap that has largely been produced since Disney took over.
You’re a smart guy. Kennedy answered to others in the company. She didn’t have final say. You can’t lay the blame on her.