Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1755

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    That can be you opinion. Personally so far I prefer Ep 3 and 8 as well as Rogue one over it. It's basically on par with TFA and Solo for me.
    Episode 3 was good with some amazing moments. Ewan McGregor was incredible and carried that movie on his back. But Natalie Portman mailed it in and I dont find Hayden Christensen believable as a human being.

The sequel trilogy was so bad as a whole that I find nothing salvageable. It was an absolute hot mess. Zero leadership and no vision of where they wanted to go with the story. The movies just tear each other apart.

Book of Boba Fett isn't on the level of The Mandalorian. It feels less polished. But it's clearly being made by someone who knows Star Wars. All the little touches. For example, the Trandoshan bringing the wookie pelt. You'd never see that depth of knowledge of the universe in the sequels.

It has the Star Wars feel.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Book of Boba Fett isn't on the level of The Mandalorian. It feels less polished. But it's clearly being made by someone who knows Star Wars. All the little touches. For example, the Trandoshan bringing the wookie pelt. You'd never see that depth of knowledge of the universe in the sequels.
    I disagree with you. But I won't delve into it.

I do think Filloni gets Star Wars in a way most people don't.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    I disagree with you. But I won't delve into it.

I do think Filloni gets Star Wars in a way most people don't.
    Agree there. I'm glad Disney seems to have finally come to their senses and are actually having someone run the universe who understands it.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Rogue One was awesome.

Sequel Trilogy was bleh.

Mandalorian was solid.

No interest in any of the other spin-off series except Kenobi one.
    Forever Fredi

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Rogue One was awesome.

Sequel Trilogy was bleh.

Mandalorian was solid.

Yeah. I’m worried about the rogue one prequel series since we know how that story will end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Yeah. I’m worried about the rogue one prequel series since we know how that story will end.
    You knew how Rogue One would end, does that change the story?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

striker42 (01-12-2022)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Rogue One was awesome.

Sequel Trilogy was bleh.

Mandalorian was solid.

That more or less sums up how I've felt about Disney Star Wars.

Solo was meh. I haven't watched any of Boba Fett or much of the new animated stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post

Solo was meh. I haven't watched any of Boba Fett or much of the new animated stuff.
    Animated stuff has been fun. Clone Wars season 6 was a little hit or miss you can tell they kind of rushed the partially finished plots and storyboards out as their connectivity isn't amazing. But what is amazing is the bad batch and the final arc. Final Clone Wars arc is near peak clone wars. Bad Batch is fun.

Personally I think Star Wars sometimes is at it's best when it doesn't revolve around a chosen one. When it's about the universe as a whole. Though that skew for me could be because of my love for 90s Star Wars video games. Games like Shadows of the Empire and Rogue Squadron.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,852 Posts
    Animated stuff has been fun. Clone Wars season 6 was a little hit or miss you can tell they kind of rushed the partially finished plots and storyboards out as their connectivity isn't amazing. But what is amazing is the bad batch and the final arc. Final Clone Wars arc is near peak clone wars. Bad Batch is fun.

Personally I think Star Wars sometimes is at it's best when it doesn't revolve around a chosen one. When it's about the universe as a whole. Though that skew for me could be because of my love for 90s Star Wars video games. Games like Shadows of the Empire and Rogue Squadron.
    I agree with the chosen one part. But in the end if the story is good then it's good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts

I agree about the chosen one as well. The chosen one has been done. It's a classic story but there were already 6 movies about chosen ones when Disney took over.

The universe as a whole is incredibly rich. If I have one complaint about the Mandalorian and Boba Fett it's that they've spent too much time on places and things we already knew about. I think they've spent way too much time on Tatooine. I understand why they've done it, but I want to see other worlds explored, other races, other creatures. Mandalorian has been at its best when it's exploring new places.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I agree about the chosen one as well. The chosen one has been done. It's a classic story but there were already 6 movies about chosen ones when Disney took over.

The universe as a whole is incredibly rich. If I have one complaint about the Mandalorian and Boba Fett it's that they've spent too much time on places and things we already knew about. I think they've spent way too much time on Tatooine. I understand why they've done it, but I want to see other worlds explored, other races, other creatures. Mandalorian has been at its best when it's exploring new places.
    I agree about the Mandalorian being more fun on new planets. Like the ice spider planet for example. Moncala would be a fantastic planet to explore more. I think Tatooine for Book of Boba Fett is great. Resolve the post Jabba Tatooine, that's fine.

What's not great is the need for so many callbacks. That's why I hope the next Disney Star Wars thing is so far into the past that no one, not even Yoda, is alive or so far into the future that everyone in the universe now is dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    I agree about the Mandalorian being more fun on new planets. Like the ice spider planet for example. Moncala would be a fantastic planet to explore more. I think Tatooine for Book of Boba Fett is great. Resolve the post Jabba Tatooine, that's fine.

What's not great is the need for so many callbacks. That's why I hope the next Disney Star Wars thing is so far into the past that no one, not even Yoda, is alive or so far into the future that everyone in the universe now is dead.
    Book of Boba Fett makes sense with him taking over for Jabba. I do wish the flashbacks included his life off planet but I understand why they didnt. Maybe in future seasons if there are any.

I get the feeling the callbacks are there because of Disney. It synergizes with other properties (animated shows, movies, etc) and pulls people deeper into the entertainment ecosystem.

I'd love to see a show dealing with the Sith Wars.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post

People keep saying the Star Wars universe is so vast and that there's more they can explore on.

But at the end of the day, the Jedi, Sith, and Force built Star Wars and is why people watch it.

The Mandalorian wasn't even the most popular character on his own show, it was Baby Yoda.

Not surprisingly, Fett hasn't gotten anywhere near the popularity of Mandalorian show, no Force User. If Grogu had not existed, Mando wouldn't have been as popular as looting and wild west stuff only has a charm for so long.

Kenobi will be more popular than Mando and Fett combined. People wanna see Force Users and lightsabers.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,895 Posts
    People also want to see x wing sequences
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    People keep saying the Star Wars universe is so vast and that there's more they can explore on.

But at the end of the day, the Jedi, Sith, and Force built Star Wars and is why people watch it.

The Mandalorian wasn't even the most popular character on his own show, it was Baby Yoda.

Not surprisingly, Fett hasn't gotten anywhere near the popularity of Mandalorian show, no Force User. If Grogu had not existed, Mando wouldn't have been as popular as looting and wild west stuff only has a charm for so long.

Kenobi will be more popular than Mando and Fett combined. People wanna see Force Users and lightsabers.
    You're not wrong. We can just get by without seeing more Skywalkers.

But I don't fully agree with you. I think without Grogu the Mandalorian is just as strong. I do think a force user is important. I would love Mando to get involved with a renegade force user.

What Mandolorian gets right that Boba Fett doesn't really get right is the old school Ronin feel star wars was based on. Star Wars was heavily based on Kurasawa films. Kurasawa drew heavily from Samurai and Ronin tales. The issue with Boba Fett so far is he's not accomplishing anything. The best scene so far was him dealing with the Youth Robbers and Bill Dauterive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    People also want to see x wing sequences
    Dogfighting is important in Star Wars for sure. It really does add some heavy conflict and tension.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Book of Boba Fett is getting good. Episode 3 was awesome. When they show Boba Fett riding an MFing Rancor, I might squeal like a fan girl.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

If the rumored bad guy in Fett comes to fruition, I can see the popularity of fett greatly increasing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,466 Posts
    Episode 4 of BoBF was a setup episode and boy did it feel like it. Hopefully we're done with flashbacks now with the Abrams like force fed line of "Good News you're fully healed"

I didn't mind flashbacks in small bits, but they didn't really in the end add anything to the story. And could have betwn drastically reduced. Show would have benefitted more if instead of flashbacks and forced Bacta (which seems like a way to make Tamuera look less battle damaged) the show could have told a more linear story, cut the fluff and we'd be well into the battle with the Pykes by now if that's the direction the show seems to be heading towards. Or if they wanted to lightly delay that, we'd have him doing actual stuff around town.

That being said the action scenes in this episode were much tighter, the chase scenes from the other episodes just looked sluggish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Episode 4 of BoBF was a setup episode and boy did it feel like it. Hopefully we're done with flashbacks now with the Abrams like force fed line of "Good News you're fully healed"

I didn't mind flashbacks in small bits, but they didn't really in the end add anything to the story. And could have betwn drastically reduced. Show would have benefitted more if instead of flashbacks and forced Bacta (which seems like a way to make Tamuera look less battle damaged) the show could have told a more linear story, cut the fluff and we'd be well into the battle with the Pykes by now if that's the direction the show seems to be heading towards. Or if they wanted to lightly delay that, we'd have him doing actual stuff around town.

That being said the action scenes in this episode were much tighter, the chase scenes from the other episodes just looked sluggish.
    Who do you think the muscle is they're going to buy?

When they talked about buying muscle, for the first time in the series The Mandalorian theme played. I think Mando's going to appear.

I think the Pykes will have a certain blue skinned bounty hunting friend working for them. It could set up the villain of next season of The Mandalorian.