Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1755

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I do think it will be Mando.

I have no clue what will happen next season of Mando. I think it does depend on what happens in Ahsoka and when that comes out.

If Ahsoka comes out before Mandolorian S3, I think it does set up a bigger arc.

So like here i think you could be correct, we could be getting a Cad Bane cameo. You're not wrong on speculation I think.

But let's go with Ahsoka coming out before Mando.

So Cad Bane after being defeated spills the beans that he wasn't hired by the Pykes but by someone else. And that ties to Ahsoka who will be hunting Thrawn. Thrawn winds up being a bigger threat than she alone can handle and winds up coming after Mandalore in an attempt to re-conquer it as the Empire. Which ties to season 3 of the Mandolorian where they all team up to over throw Thrawn then deal with the aftermath.

But who knows.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I do think it will be Mando.

I have no clue what will happen next season of Mando. I think it does depend on what happens in Ahsoka and when that comes out.

If Ahsoka comes out before Mandolorian S3, I think it does set up a bigger arc.

So like here i think you could be correct, we could be getting a Cad Bane cameo. You're not wrong on speculation I think.

But let's go with Ahsoka coming out before Mando.

So Cad Bane after being defeated spills the beans that he wasn't hired by the Pykes but by someone else. And that ties to Ahsoka who will be hunting Thrawn. Thrawn winds up being a bigger threat than she alone can handle and winds up coming after Mandalore in an attempt to re-conquer it as the Empire. Which ties to season 3 of the Mandolorian where they all team up to over throw Thrawn then deal with the aftermath.

But who knows.
    I almost wonder if season 3 of Mandalorian will be Cad Bane kidnapping Baby Yoda and Mando trying to get him back.

I do think Thrawn might be the big villain that ties the various shows together. He's too big of a villain for Ahsoka alone.

I also wonder where Bo Katan comes back in. She clearly wants to Darksaber and no way is she done in the show.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Well I think Mando season 3 could go a number of ways. Would Mando consider ditching the Bounty Hunter life to try and re-establish Mandalore? Does he attempt to re-established the cult he was a part of? Where does he go from here? There's a ton of ways it can go conceivably.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Well I think Mando season 3 could go a number of ways. Would Mando consider ditching the Bounty Hunter life to try and re-establish Mandalore? Does he attempt to re-established the cult he was a part of? Where does he go from here? There's a ton of ways it can go conceivably.
    Absolutely true. Favreau has done the opposite of writing himself into a corner. One thing I'm certain of is Baby Yoda will feature prominently. No way Disney just shelves their most valuable star wars property. There are also way too many ways Baby Yoda could feature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Absolutely true. Favreau has done the opposite of writing himself into a corner. One thing I'm certain of is Baby Yoda will feature prominently. No way Disney just shelves their most valuable star wars property. There are also way too many ways Baby Yoda could feature.
    I think the first half of the season he won't feature heavy. But then he'll tie in later. That or they have a better plan coming up. One no one is predicting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Best Episode yet for sure. It is because of Direction. That's really the problem with the show so far. This episode was directed by Bryce Dallas Howard who did some of the best Mandalorian episodes. She gets the pacing, scale, etc. She used the camera well. Etc. There was a stark difference in direction of this episode and the others. Even if really nothing happened in the episode aside from seemingly teasing the motivation of Season 3 of Mandalorian.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Best Episode yet for sure. It is because of Direction. That's really the problem with the show so far. This episode was directed by Bryce Dallas Howard who did some of the best Mandalorian episodes. She gets the pacing, scale, etc. She used the camera well. Etc. There was a stark difference in direction of this episode and the others. Even if really nothing happened in the episode aside from seemingly teasing the motivation of Season 3 of Mandalorian.
    Seriously. Bruce Dallas Howard is a fantastic director, especially of Star Wars. That episode was fantastic. It's amazing how very little happened but it was engaging the whole time. She is really, really good.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Todays book of Fett, was awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Todays book of Fett, was awesome.
    Eh, it was fine. It wasn't as good as the last episode. I think that it had some minor pacing issues. But it seemed to fall into the trap that a lot of Disney Star Wars falls into, Nostalgia simply for Nostalgia's sake. There really wasn't a need for Cad Bane. It is cool of course. But wouldn't it have been a chance to bring in a different Mandalorian? A new one. Someone in the vein of old Boba Fett to challenge both Boba and Din, but instead we get a clone wars villain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Eh, it was fine. It wasn't as good as the last episode. I think that it had some minor pacing issues. But it seemed to fall into the trap that a lot of Disney Star Wars falls into, Nostalgia simply for Nostalgia's sake. There really wasn't a need for Cad Bane. It is cool of course. But wouldn't it have been a chance to bring in a different Mandalorian? A new one. Someone in the vein of old Boba Fett to challenge both Boba and Din, but instead we get a clone wars villain.
    It was a set up episode. They were teeing things up for not only the finale but also for Season 3 of The Mandalorian. I think there's a good chance Cad Bane features in The Mandalorian.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    It was a set up episode. They were teeing things up for not only the finale but also for Season 3 of The Mandalorian. I think there's a good chance Cad Bane features in The Mandalorian.
    There's a chance anything can happen. I just feel like there's still a potential miss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Cad Bane is a Filoni creation and one that he spent a lot of time playing with in Clone Wars. I don't think they bring him in unless they have some stuff planned for him. And I trust Favreau and Filoni. Their Star Wars content is the best stuff outside of the original trilogy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Cad Bane is a Filoni creation and one that he spent a lot of time playing with in Clone Wars. I don't think they bring him in unless they have some stuff planned for him. And I trust Favreau and Filoni. Their Star Wars content is the best stuff outside of the original trilogy.
    I will not agree with that. because I love Last Jedi and Rogue One. But you can hold that opinion. It's anyone's to hold of course. Though I love Clone Wars and Rebels. I'm about due to start my yearly run through them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Finale was a bit of a jumbled mess. What is the point of introducing Cad Bane and killing him next episode?

So basically to recap the series. 1 new interesting character, the mayor's assistant. Rest of the best characters came from Mandalorian or Clone Wars.

It's baffling to me that Boba wouldn't know how to beat Droideka shields. He was around for droid poppers, he probably trained with Clones who used them. Not saying he would have had them. But he likely would have been trained in them to some extent.

Didn't care about the villains or their motivations, didn't understand Fett's motivations, it was all pretty jumbled. Hopefully if we come back to that ****ty desert planet it will only be for Cobb Vanth.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

I liked Cad Bane. I thought todays post credit scenes would hint at Darth Maul being the syndicate leader and instead we got cyborg Vanth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I liked Cad Bane. I thought todays post credit scenes would hint at Darth Maul being the syndicate leader and instead we got cyborg Vanth
    Darth Maul had been dead for a long time before this. It would be the ultimate ****up of the fnatastic ending to a character. Maul got his ending he deserved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    First, I don't think Cad Bane is dead. I thought he'd be in the bacta tank but it was Vanth which I get. But Cad Bane is too good of a villain to die like that. You don't see him conclusively dead which means he's not dead.

Second, saying that episode was a mess is a travesty. That episode was classic star wars. Blaster fights? Check. Light sabers? Check. Force powers? Check. Monsters? Check.

It was great. It was good vs evil. I loved every second of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Great finale
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    I feel like Book of Boba Fett was more about the fans than the critics. It didn't get great reviews from the critics (unlike the Mandalorian which included a much greater emphasis on the film making, particularly the spaghetti western influence). But the reviews from die hard Star Wars fans have generally been positive. I think that's what they were going for. And I think they succeeded in that.

Not every show has to be artistic perfection. Sometimes a fun romp has its place too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    First, I don't think Cad Bane is dead. I thought he'd be in the bacta tank but it was Vanth which I get. But Cad Bane is too good of a villain to die like that. You don't see him conclusively dead which means he's not dead.

Second, saying that episode was a mess is a travesty. That episode was classic star wars. Blaster fights? Check. Light sabers? Check. Force powers? Check. Monsters? Check.

It was great. It was good vs evil. I loved every second of it.
    Cad Bane not being dead would be a disservice to basic writing. Otherwise what would be the point of the line "I always knew you were a killer".

The episode was hardly classic star wars. Classic star wars has much more depth. Much clearer writing etc. I'll get my thoughts more clearly out when I'm back from visiting my family.