Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1755

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Solo was a fine film. People hated on it too much because it wasn't what people wanted. But if you just consider it as a roadtrip movie, which it basically is. It's a silly fun movie.

To me the shame was it tanked in the BO and if it hadn't, we would probably have a Shadow Collective centric movie.
    Solo didn't deserve the hate it got. The problem was it needed to be great and it wasn't. Last Jedi had just come out and split Star Wars fandom. Anything less than a Mandalorian level product was going to be a failure.

Solo has issues with writing and directing. Ron Howard was brought in to fix it. The end result was mediocre.

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Solo was a fine film.
    He's too far gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    He's too far gone.
    No joke.
    Ivermectin Man

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    He's too far gone.
    It is, it's not good.But it's fine. People make it out like it's Justice League or Batman v Superman.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (11-04-2020)

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Kind of similar for me. I mean I watched the OT on VHS first. So some parts were a little jarring, but it was great. Especially the re-release of Toys. I still remember playing a ton with my friend he would get the Empire stuff and I would get the Rebel stuff. So I had like the Luke or Han in the millenium falcon turret and an X-Wing and he had the Tie Fighter and BOmbers, he had the AT-AT/ST I had the speeders. And I remmber how great the T-47 Air Speeder was.
    Don't take this as an offense but alot makes sense now. Your love for Star Wars is different than mine. The first movie I ever saw in a theater in 1977 as a four-year-old. My original 1977 figures and ships are in my storage along with the Death Star Playset. I can forgive Lucas. I cannot accept Disney.
    Last edited by VirginiaBrave; 08-18-2020 at 12:58 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VirginiaBrave For This Useful Post:

Krgrecw (08-18-2020)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    Don't rake this as an offense but alot makes sense now. Your love for Star Wars is different than mine. The first movie I ever saw in a theater in 1977 as a four-year-old. My original 1977 figures and ships are in my storage along with the Death Star Playset. I can forgive Lucas. I cannot accept Disney.
    Amen. Star Wars means something different to those of us who grew up with it vs those of us who got into it later. The first theater experience I can remember was Empire Strikes back. Disney has destroyed Star Wars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Amen. Star Wars means something different to those of us who grew up with it vs those of us who got into it later. The first theater experience I can remember was Empire Strikes back. Disney has destroyed Star Wars.
    That's hardly fair, and highly moronic. So because you "grew up" with Star Wars in theaters when you were like 3 or 4 you're somehow a better fan? That logic doesn't hold up. Especially in the era of movie rentals. Before we owned Star Wars we rented it. Just because I was born 10 years later than you, doesn't give you divine providence. You would have been, 7 or so when RotJ came out by your own admission of your age. There's no deep connection of film bond you can establish then.

You're acting like I didn't grow up with Star Wars because it wasn't in theaters til I was 9 you have some kind of superiority? That's silly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Don't take this as an offense but alot makes sense now. Your love for Star Wars is different than mine. The first movie I ever saw in a theater in 1977 as a four-year-old. My original 1977 figures and ships are in my storage along with the Death Star Playset. I can forgive Lucas. I cannot accept Disney.
    I mean, and don't take offense to this, your issue with Star Wars is you have a specific childhood memory tied to it. So nothing can touch it because you're not a child. Which is fine, but if that's where you're holding it, then don't dump on the Prequels or Sequels because they're the same thing for a different generation. For me I feel the same way about Pokemon. The OG hit when I was at the right age to be really into video games and more and I did, and I hit them hard. I love the media for a few years, and thne faded because it wasn't the same. Which was my own way of saying that my memories were more important than the content.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    That's hardly fair, and highly moronic. So because you "grew up" with Star Wars in theaters when you were like 3 or 4 you're somehow a better fan? That logic doesn't hold up. Especially in the era of movie rentals. Before we owned Star Wars we rented it. Just because I was born 10 years later than you, doesn't give you divine providence. You would have been, 7 or so when RotJ came out by your own admission of your age. There's no deep connection of film bond you can establish then.

You're acting like I didn't grow up with Star Wars because it wasn't in theaters til I was 9 you have some kind of superiority? That's silly.
    No it’s the truth. People have emotional attachments to Things they grew up with. Music, movies, tv shows etc. It means more to Virginia and I because the movies represent moments in time to us. We saw how the characters grew and the movies played out. You don’t have that emotional attachment. It’s not your generation. And then Disney came 20 years later and took everything we liked and ****ed it all up.

Every poster in this thread thinks you’re wrong Star Wars. Not one, not two, not a few, but everyone of us

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (08-19-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    No it’s the truth. People have emotional attachments to Things they grew up with. Music, movies, tv shows etc. It means more to Virginia and I because the movies represent moments in time to us. We saw how the characters grew and the movies played out. You don’t have that emotional attachment. It’s not your generation. And then Disney came 20 years later and took everything we liked and ****ed it all up.

Every poster in this thread thinks you’re wrong Star Wars. Not one, not two, not a few, but everyone of us
    But how did I not grow up on them? You're acting like there weren't VHS copies, like Star Wars didn't air on TV? Sure there weren't the toys at the time because Lucas was hoping for a lapse in the toy deal because Kenner's toy deal was incredibly lucrative to them and not Lucasfilm, but aside from that how is it any different? Because you were 4 when ESB came back and saw a movie you didn't comprehend it's any different than me being 4 and seeing ESB at home? How is there a difference? How did you grow up more with this than I did. This is the weirdest flex I've ever seen. This would be like me saying kids don't have the same attachment to Metroid because they didn't grow up playing it's be st game, Super Metroid. Ignoring that anyone can still play said game. Such an odd attempt at flexing. Like somehow because you saw something you didn't understand in theaters instead of at home, you've got some kind of attachment that others don't. Like I cannot think of a comparable flex to this, because I never would do it. Because I understand the simple existence of the world we live in.

Every poster can think I'm wrong. I think every poster aside from me would disagree with SAV on the prequels as well. What you're all suffering from is gatekeeper syndrome, you believe that there's some minimum clearance to be a fan that's arbitrary and those who don't meet it are lesser. On the list of **** I don't have time for, it's people trying to tell me I don't have a right to a fandom that I've probably spent more time consuming than they have.

Certainly I won't be gatekept by someone who thinks Episode 9 should have had a season finale ending like it was an anime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    It's poetry

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    For the record, I am a fan of the prequels. Zito, I would have a friendly challenge you on watching the most Star Wars on this board. After all, been around a bit longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    For the record, I am a fan of the prequels. Zito, I would have a friendly challenge you on watching the most Star Wars on this board. After all, been around a bit longer.
    How many times have you watch Rebels and Clone Wars?Because if it's less than 2, then I'm pretty sure I have you beat just there alone.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Just stop big man. I saw Droids and Ewoks first run. I likely saw A New Hope 200-300 times before you were born. As far CW and Rebels I make a yearly run.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to VirginiaBrave For This Useful Post:

thewupk (11-10-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Just stop big man. I saw Droids and Ewoks first run. I likely saw A New Hope 200-300 times before you were born. As far CW and Rebels I make a yearly run.
    That's good. What's your take on the theory that Ben is Obi-Wan's undercover name?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Man I don't know about that first episode of Season 2. I liked the content of the Episode, but I have had a fear of Season 2 that it may just be a Fan Service season with essentially confirmed live action Ahsoka and Bo Katan and Boba Fett.

And seeing Boba Fett at the end was kind of silly. I think it would have been better to have Boba Fett shown in a flashback. Maybe that's the plan and it just so happened that the actor who played Jango was there as a throw away homage.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Our Fearless Leader is an asshole

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Our Fearless Leader is an asshole
    That episode was better than movies 7,8 or 9.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    That episode was better than movies 7,8 or 9.
    Only true of episode 9.

Episode was good, but it felt forced and rushed. A few payoffs I expected never happened and there's a blatant canon breaking shenanigans.

First the biggest payoff, the knob from the ship. Why did that not come back. Why was that not pulled back by Grogu at some point? Of course it's still there, but I mean the multiple shots of him using the cforce to pull the knob and we don't get that payoff in the finale. They went as far to have him grab the knob from the wreckage of the Razor Crest. The absence of a payoff is frustration.

While I could be a pedant over any number of things in the episode, only one thing pissed me off. Moff Gideon saying Bo Katan had to beat Din Djarin in combat. Considering how Bo Katan got the Darksaber. She did not beat Maul. Obi Wan bested Maul. But Sabine got the Saber from Dathomir while being possessed and mastered it before giving it Bo Katan in front of many clans of Mandalore before leading them. Seems silly to me.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Thank you Dave Feloni and Jon Favreau for giving us Master Skywalker finally!!! The season was a nice step in either erasing the sequels or putting them in their own timeline.