Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1755

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    I don't know if Sheeves is relying on things to go right, rather than he's very good at doing these manipulative things and knowing outcomes. For god sakes the dude cheated death, toppled an entire Democratic Republic, and wiped out the entire Jedi Order being outnumbered like 1000 to 1. Saying he's relying on things to go his way is a sour fans way of saying he's not as cunning and manipulative as we think he is.

Sheev knew Anakin would save him from Windu. Sheev knew Dooku was power hungry and fed that until he no longer needed it.

Sheev knew Anakin and Padme were together and that Padme was pregnant. Sheev killed Padme to further fuel Anakin's hate and rage.

Sheev was always the smartest man in the room. What he was not expecting was the Luke Skywalker anomaly, and he was not expecting the power of love between Luke and Vader to overpower his manipulation. This is why a lot of people are not happy with Luke's portrayal in TLJ, because everything we knew about Luke building up to the end of ROTJ had basically been washed. He was just as naive and dumb in TLJ as he was when Obi-Wan met him. That was destroying progression of 3 movies and the imaginary progression that should have happened the following 30 years. Instead we got regression.
    Palpatine needed a lot of things to go his way. He needed Anakin, obi Wan and Padme to survive that combat pit or whatever on Geonosis, he needed Grand Master Yoda to bring the clones to Geonosis to save them all. That in and of itself is a huge risk. Yoda could have put a wrench in all that. He needed Anakin to kill Dooku leader of the separatists because he was too dangerous to be kept alive and then go against that when Windu wants to kill Palpatine but the only reason is he's the only one that can save Padme. Which means he has to gamble on Anakin not having the insight to realize the most powerful sith wouldn't be manipulating his dreams. He set a lot of plans in motion, but it was kind of like Throwing a hail mary on 4th and 26th and it bouncing out of the other teams hands a bunch of times before being caught for a touchdown. The logic wasn't in and of itself bad, it just required a LOT of things to go right.

Was Dooku really power hungry though? HIs motivations given were less of power and more of annoyance. He was annoyed with the Jedi COuncil and the Senate's inefficacy. He joined the sith plot so that he could use the force to demand action when need be.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Palpatine is the master planner. Anakin being killed wouldn't have really mattered in his grand plan. He had several apprentices throughout the PT and OT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Palpatine is the master planner. Anakin being killed wouldn't have really mattered in his grand plan. He had several apprentices throughout the PT and OT.
    I know, but it undercuts what SAV was saying about Dooku and Maul being disposable. I don't believe he was any more disposable than Vader was. Vader was just protected by Plot Armor and Dooku and Maul weren't.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I know, but it undercuts what SAV was saying about Dooku and Maul being disposable. I don't believe he was any more disposable than Vader was. Vader was just protected by Plot Armor and Dooku and Maul weren't.
    Everyone was disposable to Palpatine. If Anakin was too weak to kill off Dooku then so be it. If Maul was the goat and beat Obi-Wan then so be it. His only true goal was to defeat the Jedi and rule the galaxy. He was several steps ahead of everybody.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Which again falls back to why couldn't we just have had one Vader type of villain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    "I thought I was dead! I thought he was dead. Because when we did Return of the Jedi, and I was thrown down that chute to Galactic Hell, [he was dead]. And I said, ‘Oh, does he come back?’ And [George] said, ‘No, he’s dead.’ [Laughs] So I just accepted that. But then, of course, I didn’t know I was going to be doing the prequels, so in a sense he wasn’t dead, because we went back to revisit him when he was a young man. But I was totally surprised by this."

Not Actually Brian Hunter Metaphysicist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Thoughts:

1) Rise was fine, probably because I had zero expectations after the last 2. But it was probably the most uninspired star wars movie ever. Solo was awful, but at least it aspired to be something. This just felt... obligatory. Like a slow trudge through an inevitable end.

2) Good/Fun moments:
    - Mark Hamill mugging it up while doing dope force X-Wing ****
    - Young Luke and Leia force training.
    - Kylo/Rey stuff continued to be pretty good.

3) Physically rolled my eyes multiple times.
    - All star destroyers are death stars now (literally guffawed in the theater)
    - We can defeat 10 million death-star-destroyers if we blow up this one antenna (at least in a New Hope, people were incredulous about this kind of thing, and it was retconned as a secret backdoor sabotage)

4) The problem with this trilogy is the consistently terrible nonsense writing. It's like they noted the (correct) complaint that the prequels were convoluted gobbledygook, and completely overreacted by limiting themselves to writing-by-mad-libs (We must find the [secret thing] to tell us where [insert this year's death laser] is). Speaking of...

5) How many MacGuffins can one movie have? I mean, Star Wars has always been pretty MacGuffin heavy, but it feels like this movie was written as an Uncharted sequel...

- We must find the secret code message from the secret spy
    - We must find the secret Sith planet
    - We must find the answer in the secret Jedi books
    - We must find the secret Sith pyramid-map thing
    - We must find the secret Lando on dancing desert planet
    - We must find the secret location of the Jedi hunter guy (That led us to the MacGuffin blade!)
    - We must find the one secret codebreaker on the bad man planet
    - We must find the secret vault, on planet of secret ex-stormtrooper MacGuffin riders
    - We must find the MacGuffin blade again because we lost it
    - The MacGuffin blade is actually a secret MacGuffin Sexant/Map in the shape of the death star wreckage from the exact spot we are standing (????????????), pointing us to the MacGuffin vault where the MacGuffin pyramid map to the MacGuffin planet is
    - We must find the backup MacGuffin pyramid map in Ren's ship, because that whole previous series of MacGuffins was pointless.
    - We must find the one MacGuffin antenna and blow it up.
    - We must find the second MacGuffin antenna and blow it up. Send in the MacGuffin riders.

Say what you will about the Last Jedi, but I appreciated the recognition that storyline-by-macguffin should actually end in complete failure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    More I think about it, I really think that Ben Solo/Kylo Ren is the best character in the whole Palpatine Saga.

It was Han Solo. But I think Kylo passes. I think Adam Driver was so good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    OK so going through the films and I will now re-write the main saga's story based on what I think will be better. Will it be better, probably not. But it would be for me. I'm going to go chronological and I'm going to impart a few rules to myself. Rule 1, minimal super huge character changes. Plot changes and focus changes are allowed but try to minimize character rule changes. Rule 2, Canon order of importance is based on age. The older the canon the more weight it has.

Episode 1 - Is actually Episode 2. With a few tweaks. First off. A change in the Clone Wars themselves. The Clones are the army of the republic already. Jedis are peace keepers who answer to the Senate but don't involve themselves in the War effort. We see young Anakin the Padawan to Obi Wan Kenobi. They are charged with protecting a Queen from a war torn plane that is Front Lines in a battle between the Republic and the CIS. Under siege Anakin and Obi Wan hold off a team of Bounty Hunters sent from the CIS. They repel the attack and Obi Wan chases after the lead hunter leaving Anakin to defend the Queen. Here is where we see the budding interest in their relationship. Nothing like surviving near death to start juices. Then a lot of this runs like AotC. Obi Wan captures the Bounty Hunter but they're killed by Jango. They wind up going to Kamino where you find out that Sifodius commissioned the Clones and you see Obi Wan confused. They follow Jango to Geonosis where you see the CIS leaders bolstering their army just like the original. And you have Dooku as the leader, the fallen Jedi. Obi Wan, Anakin and Padme all find out these events and transmit the information to the Jedi COuncil and inform them that Dooku has a red lightsaber and they think he's a Sith, just like in the movie Obi Wan, Anakin, and Padme are captured. This shocks the Jedi to the core, as a former council member is now a Sith Lord. Concerned about this at first they send a strike team to infiltrate this meeting. The Strike team meets Dooku on the stadium in Geonosis. He is Anakin, Padme, and Obi Wan on shackles on their knees when the team arrives. He threatens to cut them down leading to a tense debate with Mace Windu. THe debate ends with Jango Fett leading a battalion of B-2 Battle droids to the rear flank of the Jedi and Obi Wan getting the upper hand on Dooku. Dooku gets into a battle with Windu before escaping and the Jedi are surrounded by CIS battle droids. That's when Yoda and reinforcements arrive. Fresh off intel from the Supreme Chancellor that new more powerful droids were being built here he was set to dispatch the elite unit of Clone troopers there and Yoda offered to join them. This is described in a touch of dialogue later. Now battling the droids and attempting to Capture the Escaping Sith lord the Jedi and Clone troopers do battle on Geonosis. I'm largely fine with the ending except I'd change one thing. Anakin and Obi Wan battle Dooku. Dooku eventually bests them but instead of Yoda finding his way we get Windu. Windu does heavy battle with Dooku before Dooku escapes using a team of 3 MagnaGuards who attack Windu. Windu is losing when Obi Wan comes to his aid to defeat the MagnaGuards but Dooku is long gone. The film ends with Dooku on a ship, standing next to him is the currently unnamed General Grievous and before them a hologram of Darth Sidious and he congratulates them on killing many Jedi and intensifying the War efforts. Sprinkled through the film are talk about Anakin's virgin birth and so on so forth. Include something not in the script of AotC and have Obi Wan and Dooku while talking DOoku mention that Obi Wan's master was his Padawan and he should be upset that the council let his Master die at the hands of a Dark Side assassin and say nothing.

What I like about this movie - Nothing really happens in the Phantom Menace, and there's a massive gap between the first and second with minimal movement, a recast of the "star" of the trilogy, and more stuff that isn't good. What this helps do is set up the fall of the Jedi and Rise of the Empire a bit more in the films.

What I miss from the originals - Qui Jon and Maul are pushed to the back burner. That's rough but to me it's worth it.

Second film - here you see the Waning years of the Clone Wars. I like the idea of the Siege of Coruscant and I think opening there is fine. But I want the whole Battle. So the second film is about 45 minutes of combat that culminates with Anakin Chopping off Dooku's head. Grievous escapes having killed someone on the Jedi Council. Having been saved by Anakin Palpatine puts him on the Jedi Council but they decline him the Rank of Master. That I think is great as it sets up animosity between Anakin and the Jedi Order. Anakin is at this point kind of distancing himself from the Jedi we find out he secretly married Padme at some point in this film. We find out via posters/holonet news, etc. that he's a hero of the republic, a general who has won many battles etc. He's constantly met on the streets and even makes a public appearance before a chanting crowd for saving the Chancellor's Life. After this he accompanies Palpatine to the Opera where he tells him the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise. Palpatine sense a lot of confusion in Anakin. He begins to give Anakin Nightmares of his wife dying. Anakin begins to research Darth Plagueis but finds nothing about him. Mentioning the phrase Darth to master Yoda, Yoda informs him that Darth is a sith Title only. He didn't know this as he never heard DOoku's sith name (Tyranus) And he is confused. He goes to talk more to Palpatine as he's close to the Chancellor and that's when Palpatine makes his move and Anakin reports him to the Council. The following scene takes place just as it did before. Anakin disarming Windu and him being killed by Palpatine and Anakin swearing himself to Palpatine. The film ends with him being told to rise as Darth Vader.

Third film takes place a few months later. Palpatine has been in intensive care at a hospital under protection of Anakin and an elite Clone Guard. The Jedi are spread out throughout the Galaxy trying to hunt down Grievous, the person Anakin said killed Windu and maimed Palpatine. Anakin and Palpatine have been using this time as a means to plan their final strike. With the Jedi stretched thin they look to bolster the army again. Anakin uses his war hero title as a means to garner support for making Palpatine have war powers to make unilateral decisions about the War, despite Padme's pleas against it. It's at this point that anakin and Padme become strained. Palpatine now plays his final play. Sending Vader to Mustafar to end the War. Vader does that. He then sends word to the Senate that a Sith Lord and Grievous are on that planet. The Jedi send a strike team featuring many of their powerful remaining Jedis, Obi-Wan, Shaak-Ti, Plokoon, etc. After Anakin and Grievous murder the leadership of the CIS Anakin they go into an extended Battle with Obi Wan and the Jedi. Obi Wan is of course crushed to find his friend a Sith. He initially refuses to battle Anakin deciding to fight Grievous only but Anakin fights off 3 or 4 masters slaying them. Obi Wan bests Grievous before attacking Anakin. After a protracted battle Obi Wan defeats him and leaves him for dead on the planet before returning to Coruscant. Palpatine has left Coruscant at this point because he sensed Vader's peril. While he's gone Obi Wan and Yoda find out what actually happened and that Palpatine is a Sith Lord, they're awaiting his return. He returns after starting repair on Vader. Seeing Obi Wan and Yoda he talks to them a bit they attack him but before they connect he escapes and his guards step in. They get into a protracted fight where Sidious handles both Yoda and Obi Wan in a light saber battle, before unleashing a powerful blast of forcelightning that destroys healthy portion of the Senate chambers allowing Palpatine to escape and rally his guard and Obi Wan and Yoda escape with Organa and Padme. Using doctored footage Palpatine declares that his Legendary General Anakin Skywalker gave his life on Mustafar battling CIS leadership and the Jedi. The Jedi returned to Coruscant to overthrow the Chancellor and take power over the empire, he calls upon a reorganization of the government from the Republic into the Empire to fight the jedi threat. Immediately after the speech and declaring himself the emperor. He executes order 66. Here we see Clones turn on Jedi and we see proper Darth Vader storm the Jedi Temple. Killing Jedi Masters with ease. Raising the temple. Before going offworld to hunt Jedi who escaped Order 66. Obi Wan, Padme Yoda, and Bael are on a ship in outer space where Padme gives birth to her children. She knows given her profile she cannot raise her kids safely. She gives them up and goes to start a rebellion in the far reaches of the Galaxy. Allowing her to fulfil Leia's memory of barely knowing her as she visits Leia at some point before her death. Film ends with Palpatine and Vader discussing the beginning of the plans to build the Death Star.

ANH - I keep the majority of the story the same. Few minor tweaks would happen to smooth out continuity but overall I think the story is great.
    ESB - WOuldn't change much at all. Maybe clarify the timeline a bit by having Han and Leia talk about how long they were on the run from the Empire.
    RotJ - Would change a few things. First no Ewoks. I would have a primitive resistant force, but they wouldn't be cute little ewoks. Consider Lucas's original idea of WOokies or another race that should be challenging to humans wearing armor. Maybe a different race of beastly humanoids. Second. I wouldn't condense the climax. While you want Leia and Han involved, I would have come up with a different strategy. I think dividing the climax into 3 seperate battles was a mistake that takes you in and out of the action too often. Instead your early focus is on the land battle and Vader and Luke and the Emperor. After destroying the Shield Generator, Han, Leia and some others escape on an imperial transport where they join the rebellion forces in a short time with Han and Chewie in X-Wings and Leia running the battle with Ackbar. This is where Sidious reveals he doesn't care if the Generator is down and orders the death star to go fully operational and we witness the Death Star tear through one of the Rebel flagships and we see Han, Chewie, Lando, and Leia's reactions. Han, Chewie, Lando, Wedge and a few others go on a suicide run on the death star. We see a large collection of Imperial resources attacking the ships as Palpatine orchestrates the attacks. Seeing his friends in Peril Luke attacks Palpatine and Vader and Palpatine becomes no longer interested in the battle leading to a slight disorientation from his forces.Everything else plays out as it normally does.

TFA - Change very little. I would again cut the scene where Poe barks out orders to his pilots instead saving the Poe being Alive bit til after "That's one hell of a pilot" line. That was a huge missed point. I think killing Han and all that other stuff is fine.
    TLJ - Wouldn't change much here. Minor tweaks that's it.
    RoS - Would Change a whole lot. Wouldn't make Rey a Palpatine. Instead her parents were nobodies. But we instead find out that at the time of the events of Snoke dominating Ben solo that she was born with a dormant light side, a future chosen one. Can even include a bit where she finds out about this back on Jakku. Villain plot. Ren has spent all the resources of the First Order hunting down Rey. And has failed. She has distanced herself from the resistance and is escaping from planet to planet avoiding the first order on the Falcon with Chewie, Rose, and Finn. Outraged by this abuse of power and stark change from the days of Snoke. Hux begins a mutiny on Ren through a carefully orchestrated smear campaign. As Ren attempts to tighten his grip on the first order he loses control. Ren finally finds Rey and they have an extended lightsaber duel. Ending in a relative stalemate. Ben asking Rey to join him once more, and her declining. Eventually all the first order officers rebel against Ren outing him as their leader and naming Hux as the leader. Hux leaves ren bound and abandoned on Jakku just Snoke had abandoned Rey all those years before. This is where he tells Ren that Rey was supposed to overthrow Ren and become his new apprentice as Solo was getting too old. But she wound up having too much good in her. Anyway the first order begins dominating the Galaxy again and works to snuff out the resistance. Rey and Ben's connection is reopened. And Rey tells Ben that she'll be there to help him. They return Ben to the resistance where he's attacked but Rey steps in and defends him. He embraces his dying mother (battle wounds, age, or something, just breezing here to the finale of writing this out) he offers to lead a strike force on an attack against the lead star Destroyer of the First Order, Pryce's Star Destroyer that was formally his. The final setup is Ben giving his life to bring down the first order. Setup via a huge space battle kind of like the finale to RoS but without the dumb antenna mcguffins. Instead we get Ben, Rey, and Chewie in the X-Wing. Rose and Finn on a bomber/fighter/whatever. Heck we could even have a land battle going on. There's a number of ways this could play out. With the conclusion being Rey, Rose, Finn, and Ben landing on the destroyer and fighting their way to the bridge to turn the best ship in the first order against them. And they eventually succeed with Hux getting the killing shots on Ben. Ben in his death throws grabs Leia's lightsaber and destroys the center console causing the ship to become disabled. He then stands up fights off the first order to let Rey, Finn and Rose escape, after they do they go to the falcon to find Chewie has killed a bunch of first order troops who attempted to get off the destroyer off the Destroyer.

Anyway I will flesh out RoS later.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    OK so going through the films and I will now re-write the main saga's story based on what I think will be better. Will it be better, probably not. But it would be for me. I'm going to go chronological and I'm going to impart a few rules to myself. Rule 1, minimal super huge character changes. Plot changes and focus changes are allowed but try to minimize character rule changes. Rule 2, Canon order of importance is based on age. The older the canon the more weight it has.

Episode 1 - Is actually Episode 2. With a few tweaks. First off. A change in the Clone Wars themselves. The Clones are the army of the republic already. Jedis are peace keepers who answer to the Senate but don't involve themselves in the War effort. We see young Anakin the Padawan to Obi Wan Kenobi. They are charged with protecting a Queen from a war torn plane that is Front Lines in a battle between the Republic and the CIS. Under siege Anakin and Obi Wan hold off a team of Bounty Hunters sent from the CIS. They repel the attack and Obi Wan chases after the lead hunter leaving Anakin to defend the Queen. Here is where we see the budding interest in their relationship. Nothing like surviving near death to start juices. Then a lot of this runs like AotC. Obi Wan captures the Bounty Hunter but they're killed by Jango. They wind up going to Kamino where you find out that Sifodius commissioned the Clones and you see Obi Wan confused. They follow Jango to Geonosis where you see the CIS leaders bolstering their army just like the original. And you have Dooku as the leader, the fallen Jedi. Obi Wan, Anakin and Padme all find out these events and transmit the information to the Jedi COuncil and inform them that Dooku has a red lightsaber and they think he's a Sith, just like in the movie Obi Wan, Anakin, and Padme are captured. This shocks the Jedi to the core, as a former council member is now a Sith Lord. Concerned about this at first they send a strike team to infiltrate this meeting. The Strike team meets Dooku on the stadium in Geonosis. He is Anakin, Padme, and Obi Wan on shackles on their knees when the team arrives. He threatens to cut them down leading to a tense debate with Mace Windu. THe debate ends with Jango Fett leading a battalion of B-2 Battle droids to the rear flank of the Jedi and Obi Wan getting the upper hand on Dooku. Dooku gets into a battle with Windu before escaping and the Jedi are surrounded by CIS battle droids. That's when Yoda and reinforcements arrive. Fresh off intel from the Supreme Chancellor that new more powerful droids were being built here he was set to dispatch the elite unit of Clone troopers there and Yoda offered to join them. This is described in a touch of dialogue later. Now battling the droids and attempting to Capture the Escaping Sith lord the Jedi and Clone troopers do battle on Geonosis. I'm largely fine with the ending except I'd change one thing. Anakin and Obi Wan battle Dooku. Dooku eventually bests them but instead of Yoda finding his way we get Windu. Windu does heavy battle with Dooku before Dooku escapes using a team of 3 MagnaGuards who attack Windu. Windu is losing when Obi Wan comes to his aid to defeat the MagnaGuards but Dooku is long gone. The film ends with Dooku on a ship, standing next to him is the currently unnamed General Grievous and before them a hologram of Darth Sidious and he congratulates them on killing many Jedi and intensifying the War efforts. Sprinkled through the film are talk about Anakin's virgin birth and so on so forth. Include something not in the script of AotC and have Obi Wan and Dooku while talking DOoku mention that Obi Wan's master was his Padawan and he should be upset that the council let his Master die at the hands of a Dark Side assassin and say nothing.

What I like about this movie - Nothing really happens in the Phantom Menace, and there's a massive gap between the first and second with minimal movement, a recast of the "star" of the trilogy, and more stuff that isn't good. What this helps do is set up the fall of the Jedi and Rise of the Empire a bit more in the films.

What I miss from the originals - Qui Jon and Maul are pushed to the back burner. That's rough but to me it's worth it.

Second film - here you see the Waning years of the Clone Wars. I like the idea of the Siege of Coruscant and I think opening there is fine. But I want the whole Battle. So the second film is about 45 minutes of combat that culminates with Anakin Chopping off Dooku's head. Grievous escapes having killed someone on the Jedi Council. Having been saved by Anakin Palpatine puts him on the Jedi Council but they decline him the Rank of Master. That I think is great as it sets up animosity between Anakin and the Jedi Order. Anakin is at this point kind of distancing himself from the Jedi we find out he secretly married Padme at some point in this film. We find out via posters/holonet news, etc. that he's a hero of the republic, a general who has won many battles etc. He's constantly met on the streets and even makes a public appearance before a chanting crowd for saving the Chancellor's Life. After this he accompanies Palpatine to the Opera where he tells him the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise. Palpatine sense a lot of confusion in Anakin. He begins to give Anakin Nightmares of his wife dying. Anakin begins to research Darth Plagueis but finds nothing about him. Mentioning the phrase Darth to master Yoda, Yoda informs him that Darth is a sith Title only. He didn't know this as he never heard DOoku's sith name (Tyranus) And he is confused. He goes to talk more to Palpatine as he's close to the Chancellor and that's when Palpatine makes his move and Anakin reports him to the Council. The following scene takes place just as it did before. Anakin disarming Windu and him being killed by Palpatine and Anakin swearing himself to Palpatine. The film ends with him being told to rise as Darth Vader.

Third film takes place a few months later. Palpatine has been in intensive care at a hospital under protection of Anakin and an elite Clone Guard. The Jedi are spread out throughout the Galaxy trying to hunt down Grievous, the person Anakin said killed Windu and maimed Palpatine. Anakin and Palpatine have been using this time as a means to plan their final strike. With the Jedi stretched thin they look to bolster the army again. Anakin uses his war hero title as a means to garner support for making Palpatine have war powers to make unilateral decisions about the War, despite Padme's pleas against it. It's at this point that anakin and Padme become strained. Palpatine now plays his final play. Sending Vader to Mustafar to end the War. Vader does that. He then sends word to the Senate that a Sith Lord and Grievous are on that planet. The Jedi send a strike team featuring many of their powerful remaining Jedis, Obi-Wan, Shaak-Ti, Plokoon, etc. After Anakin and Grievous murder the leadership of the CIS Anakin they go into an extended Battle with Obi Wan and the Jedi. Obi Wan is of course crushed to find his friend a Sith. He initially refuses to battle Anakin deciding to fight Grievous only but Anakin fights off 3 or 4 masters slaying them. Obi Wan bests Grievous before attacking Anakin. After a protracted battle Obi Wan defeats him and leaves him for dead on the planet before returning to Coruscant. Palpatine has left Coruscant at this point because he sensed Vader's peril. While he's gone Obi Wan and Yoda find out what actually happened and that Palpatine is a Sith Lord, they're awaiting his return. He returns after starting repair on Vader. Seeing Obi Wan and Yoda he talks to them a bit they attack him but before they connect he escapes and his guards step in. They get into a protracted fight where Sidious handles both Yoda and Obi Wan in a light saber battle, before unleashing a powerful blast of forcelightning that destroys healthy portion of the Senate chambers allowing Palpatine to escape and rally his guard and Obi Wan and Yoda escape with Organa and Padme. Using doctored footage Palpatine declares that his Legendary General Anakin Skywalker gave his life on Mustafar battling CIS leadership and the Jedi. The Jedi returned to Coruscant to overthrow the Chancellor and take power over the empire, he calls upon a reorganization of the government from the Republic into the Empire to fight the jedi threat. Immediately after the speech and declaring himself the emperor. He executes order 66. Here we see Clones turn on Jedi and we see proper Darth Vader storm the Jedi Temple. Killing Jedi Masters with ease. Raising the temple. Before going offworld to hunt Jedi who escaped Order 66. Obi Wan, Padme Yoda, and Bael are on a ship in outer space where Padme gives birth to her children. She knows given her profile she cannot raise her kids safely. She gives them up and goes to start a rebellion in the far reaches of the Galaxy. Allowing her to fulfil Leia's memory of barely knowing her as she visits Leia at some point before her death. Film ends with Palpatine and Vader discussing the beginning of the plans to build the Death Star.

ANH - I keep the majority of the story the same. Few minor tweaks would happen to smooth out continuity but overall I think the story is great.
    ESB - WOuldn't change much at all. Maybe clarify the timeline a bit by having Han and Leia talk about how long they were on the run from the Empire.
    RotJ - Would change a few things. First no Ewoks. I would have a primitive resistant force, but they wouldn't be cute little ewoks. Consider Lucas's original idea of WOokies or another race that should be challenging to humans wearing armor. Maybe a different race of beastly humanoids. Second. I wouldn't condense the climax. While you want Leia and Han involved, I would have come up with a different strategy. I think dividing the climax into 3 seperate battles was a mistake that takes you in and out of the action too often. Instead your early focus is on the land battle and Vader and Luke and the Emperor. After destroying the Shield Generator, Han, Leia and some others escape on an imperial transport where they join the rebellion forces in a short time with Han and Chewie in X-Wings and Leia running the battle with Ackbar. This is where Sidious reveals he doesn't care if the Generator is down and orders the death star to go fully operational and we witness the Death Star tear through one of the Rebel flagships and we see Han, Chewie, Lando, and Leia's reactions. Han, Chewie, Lando, Wedge and a few others go on a suicide run on the death star. We see a large collection of Imperial resources attacking the ships as Palpatine orchestrates the attacks. Seeing his friends in Peril Luke attacks Palpatine and Vader and Palpatine becomes no longer interested in the battle leading to a slight disorientation from his forces.Everything else plays out as it normally does.

TFA - Change very little. I would again cut the scene where Poe barks out orders to his pilots instead saving the Poe being Alive bit til after "That's one hell of a pilot" line. That was a huge missed point. I think killing Han and all that other stuff is fine.
    TLJ - Wouldn't change much here. Minor tweaks that's it.
    RoS - Would Change a whole lot. Wouldn't make Rey a Palpatine. Instead her parents were nobodies. But we instead find out that at the time of the events of Snoke dominating Ben solo that she was born with a dormant light side, a future chosen one. Can even include a bit where she finds out about this back on Jakku. Villain plot. Ren has spent all the resources of the First Order hunting down Rey. And has failed. She has distanced herself from the resistance and is escaping from planet to planet avoiding the first order on the Falcon with Chewie, Rose, and Finn. Outraged by this abuse of power and stark change from the days of Snoke. Hux begins a mutiny on Ren through a carefully orchestrated smear campaign. As Ren attempts to tighten his grip on the first order he loses control. Ren finally finds Rey and they have an extended lightsaber duel. Ending in a relative stalemate. Ben asking Rey to join him once more, and her declining. Eventually all the first order officers rebel against Ren outing him as their leader and naming Hux as the leader. Hux leaves ren bound and abandoned on Jakku just Snoke had abandoned Rey all those years before. This is where he tells Ren that Rey was supposed to overthrow Ren and become his new apprentice as Solo was getting too old. But she wound up having too much good in her. Anyway the first order begins dominating the Galaxy again and works to snuff out the resistance. Rey and Ben's connection is reopened. And Rey tells Ben that she'll be there to help him. They return Ben to the resistance where he's attacked but Rey steps in and defends him. He embraces his dying mother (battle wounds, age, or something, just breezing here to the finale of writing this out) he offers to lead a strike force on an attack against the lead star Destroyer of the First Order, Pryce's Star Destroyer that was formally his. The final setup is Ben giving his life to bring down the first order. Setup via a huge space battle kind of like the finale to RoS but without the dumb antenna mcguffins. Instead we get Ben, Rey, and Chewie in the X-Wing. Rose and Finn on a bomber/fighter/whatever. Heck we could even have a land battle going on. There's a number of ways this could play out. With the conclusion being Rey, Rose, Finn, and Ben landing on the destroyer and fighting their way to the bridge to turn the best ship in the first order against them. And they eventually succeed with Hux getting the killing shots on Ben. Ben in his death throws grabs Leia's lightsaber and destroys the center console causing the ship to become disabled. He then stands up fights off the first order to let Rey, Finn and Rose escape, after they do they go to the falcon to find Chewie has killed a bunch of first order troops who attempted to get off the destroyer off the Destroyer.

Anyway I will flesh out RoS later.
    @Tapate50 what do you think
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    @Tapate50 what do you think

This gives me reason to believe the worst possible things about Zeets.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    So I'm getting confused. We saw in Rey's force vision her calling after a ship flying away. She seemingly sees said ship on Passana and it triggers a memory presumably and we see her again calling out for the leaving ship. But the ship was belonging to the Bounty Hunter Ochi. Who at some point in Rey's youth encountered her parents and she was crying for his ship? He was specifically sent to bring in Rey and captured her parents. How would Rey know her Parents were on the ship? The implication of the scene was Rey knew who was on said ship. There's no way Ochi would have not noticed Rey being handed off to Plott. As per TFA Rey's force sensitivity awoke during the film. Logic is mediocre for that jump. Why couldn't it have been her parents ship and Ochi was hiding on board hoping to capture Rey and went to kill her parents but her dad crashed the ship. Basically creating a plot hole for no reason other than Palpatine.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Leaks came out yesterday that the new series of movies will be 400 years before Ep 1 and will be called the High Republic. This will also be apart of Project Luminous.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Finally saw ROS. As a kid who grew up with the original trilogy, I actually enjoyed the latest movie. Definitely think it’s a better story and better movie from beginning to end than the two previous movies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Leaks came out yesterday that the new series of movies will be 400 years before Ep 1 and will be called the High Republic. This will also be apart of Project Luminous.
    I'm excited to see what they do with Project Luminous. Will be interesting them for them to set it in the past considering it's seemingly about creating the force. Which sounds more futuristic.

Spring Training Invitee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I want more Rey but no more Finn.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4maddux_cy's View Post
    Racist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4maddux_cy's View Post
    I wanted TLJ Finn, if JJ wanted Finn to be Force Sensitive he should have been in TFA. It's such a mary sue of him to just all of the sudden develop force powers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    The alleged leaked script's plot is better than Rise of Skywalkers. Which means either the first script was superior or someone's fan fiction is better than JJ's story.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    The alleged leaked script's plot is better than Rise of Skywalkers. Which means either the first script was superior or someone's fan fiction is better than JJ's story.
    Who knows what to believe but supposedly JJ's true story was altered a lot due to the higher ups at Disney/Lucas Film.

What's clear is when the next trilogy comes out they need 1 person or a group of people to map it out completely.