Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
I read a good theory as to why Baby Yoda (I refuse to use the name Grogu as it's stupid) wouldn't have died at Luke's temple.

First, there's no guarantee he was still there. There's a good chance he's reunited with Mando well before.

Second, even if he is at the temple, he's likely a nearly fully trained Jedi. We know that Baby Yoda is 50 years old. We also know Original Yoda was a Jedi Master by age 100. To be a Jedi Master you have to train a padawan to Jedi Knight status, a process that takes years (and Jedi Knights rarely get Padawans right away from what I can tell). So there has to be some rapid development at some point for Yoda species for Original Yoda to have gone from 50 year old baby to Jedi Knight to Jedi Master in 50 years.

We also know that the temple was destroyed about 19 years after Baby Yoda leaves with Luke. So Baby Yoda would be 69 at the time the Temple was destroyed. The likely timeline would make Baby Yoda probably close to full Jedi Knight status.

Next, there were others that escaped the temple. In the comics the story of, IIRC, three survivors is told. If these escaped, there's a good chance an extremely gifted, near Jedi Knight Baby Yoda would have been able to survive.

Ultimately I think the answer will be that he leaves the temple early to go with Mando. Disney isn't going to off screen implied kill their single most valuable character.
I know they wouldn't do that because it's been marketing gold for them, and just like George Lucas wouldn't kill Han Solo, Disney wouldn't kill Grogu. I think you're right that he'll come back, he'll choose to leave Luke because he's developed too much of an attachment to Din Djarin. It was why Ahsoka didn't want to train him. And they'll use it as another proof that the Jedi Order is inherently bad even though they try to be good.