Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1755

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I'm in the middle of rewatching Clone Wars. ****ing A does Clone Cadets followed right by Arc Troopers punch you in the ****ing gut. when you watch 99 do everything then die, ****ing A that's some good star wars ****.

You’re watching cartoons?

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    You’re watching cartoons?
    You're not?

Many of the best forms of media that exist are cartoons.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    You're not?

Many of the best forms of media that exist are cartoons.
    Yep. The cartoons are so good they made the prequels better.

Tales of the Jedi is perhaps my favorite. There's nothing child oriented about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Yep. The cartoons are so good they made the prequels better.

Tales of the Jedi is perhaps my favorite. There's nothing child oriented about it.
    My ranking of Star Wars Cartoons (whihc mind you can change) goes.

1. Rebels
    2. Clone Wars
    3. Tales of the Jedi
    4. Visions (some days I could argue it up to the top, depends on the second season)
    5. Bad Batch

6. Resistance - I don't hate Resistance, it's just not must watch to me IMO.

7. Ewoks

8. Droids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    I'll put this here as it's Star Wars related. Once again we have rumors swirling that Kathleen Kennedy might not be long for LucasFilms after the release of Indiana Jones 5. I've read several different explanations behind why she might be gone.

One explanation is that she only wanted to run the studio until the release of Indiana Jones 5 and that she intends to step down but still produce movies.

I've read elsewhere that the writing has been on the wall for her for a while and that Disney was just waiting until Indiana Jones 5 to jettison her.

Another place says that there's a fight going on at Disney over whether to blame Kennedy for the disappointing showing of Indiana Jones 5. That some inside Disney say it's a bad movie and as such is Kennedy's fault while others say the marketing was terrible and Kennedy shouldn't be blamed.

Still another rumor says she's already been fired it just hasn't been announced yet. This one appears to be proven false at this point.

It's all unconfirmed rumors at this point and we've seen such rumors about Kennedy come to nothing before. Still, it makes some sense. This Indiana Jones movie is a big deal for LucasFilms and it has disappointed. There's no doubt about that. Also, now is not a great time for people inside Disney to deliver disappointing results. They've been reorganizing and letting people go left and right. Iger might also want the head of LucasFilm to be someone he picked. Kennedy was picked by Lucas.

Kennedy should have been fired after the Star Wars sequel trilogy. It was her decision to launch the trilogy with absolutely no unified storyline and to just let different directors do whatever they felt like. It ended up being a jumbled mess with things that didn't even make sense. It was an absolutely inexplicable decision by Kennedy that doomed that trilogy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Eh, when Kennedy finally retires or steps down I'll believe it. Disney I cannot see firing her anytime soon.

Kennedy did her job with the sequel trilogy, which was make Disney back the moeny they used to buy the rights to Lucas Film. Part of that was Indy 5 (as I understood it Ford wouldn't be Solo without one more Indy film)

Kennedy's metric I bet is Disney plus related. I wouldn't be shocked if a healthy chunk of disney plus is people subbed primarily for Star Wars. If you think about hyped Disney+ shows it's basically all been star wars. My hunch is that they view her success to streaming stats of Ahsoka more than how Indy 5 does in the box office.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Eh, when Kennedy finally retires or steps down I'll believe it. Disney I cannot see firing her anytime soon.

Kennedy did her job with the sequel trilogy, which was make Disney back the moeny they used to buy the rights to Lucas Film. Part of that was Indy 5 (as I understood it Ford wouldn't be Solo without one more Indy film)

Kennedy's metric I bet is Disney plus related. I wouldn't be shocked if a healthy chunk of disney plus is people subbed primarily for Star Wars. If you think about hyped Disney+ shows it's basically all been star wars. My hunch is that they view her success to streaming stats of Ahsoka more than how Indy 5 does in the box office.
    I'll believe the rumors when it happens too. It was just the disappointment of Indiana Jones 5 that made them more interesting this time and there's not much to talk about until Ahsoka drops next month.

However, I could see Disney showing her the door at some point. The sequel trilogy made money but it also didn't go over well with fans. Fan engagement is a metric Disney cares about. There was also the big disappointment that was Solo. It was enough to make Disney shelve other Star Wars movies and now there hasn't been a Star Wars movie released since 2019. Hardly a ringing endorsement of Kennedy's handling of the franchise.

If Indiana Jones 5 continues to disappoint I could see Kennedy's seat getting real hot. Maybe it wouldn't in more stable times for Disney but we're in a pretty turbulent period. Disney has been hemorrhaging money, especially from its movies. Indiana Jones 5 was being looked to as a tent pole movie for the summer. Instead its gotten mixed reviews and looks like it will struggle to make Disney much. Considering the other areas of Disney that have seen shakeups, it's not a reach to think Kennedy might be forced out.

The question about the Disney+ stuff is how much credit Kennedy will get for that. Favreau and Filoni have been the miracle workers there. I don't know how much credit Kennedy is getting for their work. She might be getting plenty but then again there have been a lot of rumors of friction between Favreau and Kennedy. She might be seen more as an obstacle to the Star Wars Disney+ successes than a reason for them.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Why do you guys make Kennedy out to be the fall girl for all the problems with Lucas films? She has bosses that make decisions. They should be the ones being vilified

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I mean I don’t believe there’s a world where Indiana Jones 5 bounces back.

I’m not sure I know anyone that’s seen it or was interested to
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I'll believe the rumors when it happens too. It was just the disappointment of Indiana Jones 5 that made them more interesting this time and there's not much to talk about until Ahsoka drops next month.

However, I could see Disney showing her the door at some point. The sequel trilogy made money but it also didn't go over well with fans. Fan engagement is a metric Disney cares about. There was also the big disappointment that was Solo. It was enough to make Disney shelve other Star Wars movies and now there hasn't been a Star Wars movie released since 2019. Hardly a ringing endorsement of Kennedy's handling of the franchise.

If Indiana Jones 5 continues to disappoint I could see Kennedy's seat getting real hot. Maybe it wouldn't in more stable times for Disney but we're in a pretty turbulent period. Disney has been hemorrhaging money, especially from its movies. Indiana Jones 5 was being looked to as a tent pole movie for the summer. Instead its gotten mixed reviews and looks like it will struggle to make Disney much. Considering the other areas of Disney that have seen shakeups, it's not a reach to think Kennedy might be forced out.

The question about the Disney+ stuff is how much credit Kennedy will get for that. Favreau and Filoni have been the miracle workers there. I don't know how much credit Kennedy is getting for their work. She might be getting plenty but then again there have been a lot of rumors of friction between Favreau and Kennedy. She might be seen more as an obstacle to the Star Wars Disney+ successes than a reason for them.
    you're literally proving why she won't be fired. She's blamed for everything bad and given no credit for everything good.

I'd love to see what fan engagement metric Star Wars is failing at. You could argue the sequel trilogy struggled that's fine. But Star Wars is as big if not a bigger IP than it ever has been. It's merchandise is multibillion dollars a year. They are a theme park attraction, etc.

Again, when you realize Indy 5 was done to get Ford to be Han Solo, you'll realize Disney doesn't really care. They made way more money from Han Solo action figure sales in the last 7 years than they'll lose on this movie.

The absolute minimum Kennedy is, is a Roger Goodell type, someone to take the heat away from the people who're actually running the show. Kennedy can do so much but she's given tight deadlines by Disney. That's why Solo was a mess, because Lord and Miller couldn't stick to a budget or Timeline and Howard had to come in and cobble something together.

The rumors about Friction between Favreau and Kennedy are the same sources who said Pedro Pascal would be quitting after season 2 because he hated the armor. Disney's fan rumor mill is buckwild. I feel like Disney just drops mad fake leaks to get people talking about their content online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    One thing that is solid fact is Mangold is working on a Star Wars film. It has me worried. It's being set at the beginning of the Jedi order which is a good idea because you don't have to link up with existing events.

However, I don't trust Mangold with it. He talked a lot about deconstructing Indiana Jones and trying to put him in a different light. He's already lashed out at people criticizing his treatment of the character.

In his discussion of his Star Wars movie he's excitedly discussed how he likes the time period the movie is set because he won't have to worry about upholding existing lore. That really worries me. While we have no real stories from that time, there's still A TON of lore that his movie will have to fit in with. You can't make a movie about the Jedi Order or the Force without having to make it work with a lot of existing lore.

A director who likes to deconstruct existing icons and who does not seem to be bound by existing lore is perhaps not the best choice for a Star Wars movie.

Kennedy doesn't only get blamed for the bad. It's that a lot of the problems with LucasFilm have been directly attributable to her poor leadership. How she let Abrams and Johnson play tug of war over the sequel trilogy is baffling. There was also no leadership keeping Solo on the rails. Then she lets Mangold mess with Indiana Jones.

I think her problem is she turning over established products to directors and without keeping them beholden to the existing product. You don't let a director try to make Star Wars or Indiana Jones their own. What you produce has to fit with what is already there.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    ****ing Disney just revealed Thrawns face in the new Ashoka trailer. That was horrible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    I think Filoni's lot in life is to try to clean up poorly executed Star Wars Trilogies. He filled out the story of the prequels and made it more compelling in Clone Wars and he's trying to fix the stupidity of the sequel trilogy with Mandoverse.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    I think Filoni's lot in life is to try to clean up poorly executed Star Wars Trilogies. He filled out the story of the prequels and made it more compelling in Clone Wars and he's trying to fix the stupidity of the sequel trilogy with Mandoverse.

But mandoverse Is a clone of marvel-verse

It’s not original. Same game plan just different names

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    But mandoverse Is a clone of marvel-verse

It’s not original. Same game plan just different names
    I'm more talking about needing to take the in universe story and fixing it. The prequels had problems that largely stemmed from trying to tell too much in two little time. Clone Wars fleshes out things like why you should care about the civil war and Count Dooku, why Anakin fell so hard that he started killing children, why Anakin falling to the dark side was such a big deal. After Clone Wars, the story of the prequel trilogy is significantly better.

Mandoverse is trying to do the same thing. The sequel trilogy is a mess. You had no unified story from start to end. It was a tug of war between directors that has left a ton of loose ends and poorly explained things. They're clearly working to rehab the story in the Mandoverse. From the cloner trying to get Baby Yoda's blood to the Shadow Council bridging the gap from the Empire to First Order. They're working to try to make the sequel trilogy make more sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    If ashohka bombs it’s gonna take a whole lot to get folks back.

Thrawn at first glance didn’t look well cast
    Ivermectin Man

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post

No. And why debut his face in a trailer and not wait and let anticipation build up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts

He's the guy who did his voice in the show. Lars Mickelson. Seeing other things he's been in he could be really good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

He's perfectly cast. The opposite of the GRand INquisitor issue. Grand Inquisitor in Kenobi should have been Jason Isaacs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,051 Posts
    He's perfectly cast. The opposite of the GRand INquisitor issue. Grand Inquisitor in Kenobi should have been Jason Isaacs.
    Jason Isaacs would have been brilliant.

But I agree, Lars Mickelson is perfect. Thrawn isn't a Thanos-like bad guy. He's a thinking man's villain. Mickelson can give the understated, nuanced performance required.

I'd also argue Thrawn isn't a true villain. I actually wonder if the show will end up with Thrawn defecting from the Empire and going back to the Chiss Ascendency. There's a strong implication in the books that Thrawn is only with the Empire so long as it serves the interests of the Chiss Ascendency.