Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1755

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Who knows what to believe but supposedly JJ's true story was altered a lot due to the higher ups at Disney/Lucas Film.

What's clear is when the next trilogy comes out they need 1 person or a group of people to map it out completely.
    The second point is certainly true. Disney has to be willing to back someone like Marve did with Feige. I don't care if that's Kennedy, Filloni, or someone else. Someone should be incharge of Star Wars as a whole. The biggest issue I have with RoS was it's blatant disregard to the stories told before it. I like the idea of giving trilogies to a writer/director with a overarching story keeper be it Filloni or Hidalgo, don't really care as long as they're doing their job.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-26-2020)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Who knows what to believe but supposedly JJ's true story was altered a lot due to the higher ups at Disney/Lucas Film.

What's clear is when the next trilogy comes out they need 1 person or a group of people to map it out completely.
    Youll still have the higher ups at Disney calling
    The shots

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Youll still have the higher ups at Disney calling
    The shots
    I actually went to the movie, first one in 15 years. It was long and not bad. Po and Fen was good, but Rey's power is scary.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (01-29-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts

Looks like the original storyboard will still be involved. This will take place around the time and events of Revenge of the Sith with the show featuring and possibly ending with the Siege of Mandalore.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    If it is not Feloni I just can't trust it. Disney has ruined the greatest cinematic tale of a generation in three movies just simply because they didn't want to pay G. Lucas for the full use of his characters.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    If it is not Feloni I just can't trust it. Disney has ruined the greatest cinematic tale of a generation in three movies just simply because they didn't want to pay G. Lucas for the full use of his characters.
    Where did you hear that from? Disney bought all the characters

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Where did you hear that from? Disney bought all the characters
    You are right but there is speculation around the internet from mostly reputable Youtubers that Lucas got paid more the more his characters were used. Hence no Anakin or Obi-Wan force ghosts, etc. Some say JJ even shot those scenes and they are in the can somewhere and even he was upset when they were cut.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Funny that people say that about Filoni. but all he's done is TV. And there's probably a reason why. He likely prefers the serial format to the cinematic format. Keep in mind that different stories are told depending on what format exists. We witnessed the best Star Wars film in 30 years, but JJ and Disney got scared because of Butthurt fanboys. Last Jedi was truly directed in fantastic way.

Now that Disney recouped their expenses for buying Lucasfilm, hopefully they let Lucasfilm off the leash a bit. I want my Rian Johnson trilogy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    You are right but there is speculation around the internet from mostly reputable Youtubers that Lucas got paid more the more his characters were used. Hence no Anakin or Obi-Wan force ghosts, etc. Some say JJ even shot those scenes and they are in the can somewhere and even he was upset when they were cut.
    That sounds like internet scuttlebutt. When you buy a company outright there usually aren't attachments. If that was true they wouldn't be making season 7 of Clone Wars. It fails a remotely simple logic test. Considering how much Leia was used in the NT, how much Luke was used in NT, etc.

My guess as to why they weren't included. First with Anakin, it comes down to risk. Disney played that last movie safe by all accounts. After butthurt fanboys who didn't really appreciate the greatness of Last Jedi they went to make a safe movie that would ease the butthurt 4chan users. Part of the risk of Anakin is multifold. First people are still pissed off that HAyden Christensen replaced Shaw for no reason. Would they dare risk stirring that hornets nest again? As far as Obi Wan it's kind of similar. Obi Wan's force ghost forever was similar issue. Through the OT his force ghose was Alec Guinness. How can you choose to bring in Ewan McGregor instead? They could have gone CG of course. But would fans have liked that? Who knows. I think the reason we only got Luke and Leia force ghosts comes down to 2 major reasons, ease and more importantly, those were Rey's 2 teachers.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Funny that people say that about Filoni. but all he's done is TV. And there's probably a reason why. He likely prefers the serial format to the cinematic format. Keep in mind that different stories are told depending on what format exists. We witnessed the best Star Wars film in 30 years, but JJ and Disney got scared because of Butthurt fanboys. Last Jedi was truly directed in fantastic way.

Now that Disney recouped their expenses for buying Lucasfilm, hopefully they let Lucasfilm off the leash a bit. I want my Rian Johnson trilogy.
    You must want the brand to die then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    You must want the brand to die then.
    Best Star Wars film in 35 years. Wouldn't mind see him having 2 more films so he can fully tell his own tale. Not be painted into a corner by the story JJ and Kasden told.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Best Star Wars film in 35 years. Wouldn't mind see him having 2 more films so he can fully tell his own tale. Not be painted into a corner by the story JJ and Kasden told.
    I will have to say you are the only SW fan I have ever met that feels that way and supports TLJ. I never care to see it again. It castrated one of my childhood heroes in Luke and I will not support anything Johnson does. I just am thankful that as it turns out Ep 8 is essentially a footnote in cannon and nothing in it is required to enjoy Ep.9. As far as Johnson getting to do more? The Fandom Menace will put a stop to that but I think it is already dead as it is.
    Last edited by VirginiaBrave; 01-27-2020 at 03:20 AM.

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    That sounds like internet scuttlebutt. When you buy a company outright there usually aren't attachments. If that was true they wouldn't be making season 7 of Clone Wars. It fails a remotely simple logic test. Considering how much Leia was used in the NT, how much Luke was used in NT, etc.

My guess as to why they weren't included. First with Anakin, it comes down to risk. Disney played that last movie safe by all accounts. After butthurt fanboys who didn't really appreciate the greatness of Last Jedi they went to make a safe movie that would ease the butthurt 4chan users. Part of the risk of Anakin is multifold. First people are still pissed off that HAyden Christensen replaced Shaw for no reason. Would they dare risk stirring that hornets nest again? As far as Obi Wan it's kind of similar. Obi Wan's force ghost forever was similar issue. Through the OT his force ghose was Alec Guinness. How can you choose to bring in Ewan McGregor instead? They could have gone CG of course. But would fans have liked that? Who knows. I think the reason we only got Luke and Leia force ghosts comes down to 2 major reasons, ease and more importantly, those were Rey's 2 teachers.
    All Disney has done is to make the prequels better. They weren't terrible to start with. As far as HC vs SS? George Lucas made that choice. He alone had the right to do so. As for McGregor, I haven't heard one bad word said about his Kenobi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I will have to say you are the only SW fan I have ever met that feels that way and supports TLJ. I never care to see it again. It castrated one of my childhood heroes in Luke and I will not support anything Johnson does. I just am thankful that as it turns out Ep 8 is essentially a footnote in cannon and nothing in it is required to enjoy Ep.9. As far as Johnson getting to do more? The Fandom Menace will put a stop to that but I think it is already dead as it is.
    This is a childish look at cinema. You're butthurt that JJ and Kasden put Luke into exile. Rian Johnson stayed very true to a Luke Skywalker who would have chosen to run into hiding. Giving him a grand redemption where he literally saves the Resistance. A grand sacrifice given, just like his original teacher.

What's required to enjoy episode 9 is a lobotomy and no knowledge or care for the Star Wars universe. Aside from pointless character motive changes, writing off basically an entire character, pointless twists, it's a garbage film. It is like JJ attempted to make Endgame without Infinity war. It's a bad movie and a bad Star Wars movie. The only reason people like it is because it just plays blatant fan service which is stupid.

Maybe I'll be nicer to the film in the future, but considering it literally pulled it's pants down and **** all over the premise of the first 6 movies, that the Skywalkers defeated the Sith.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    All Disney has done is to make the prequels better. They weren't terrible to start with. As far as HC vs SS? George Lucas made that choice. He alone had the right to do so. As for McGregor, I haven't heard one bad word said about his Kenobi
    The prequels are terrible. Lucas ****ed up on those films over and over again. Mainly by creating continuity issues that were pointless and stupid.

Lucas did make that choice, and almost every Star Wars fan hated it. As I said

And if the fans revolted from Lucas changing a force ghost actor, why would they take the risk? Nothing against McGregor, he and McDermid were the lone redeeming quality of the prequels, but would people be receptive to Rey seeing the Force Ghost of Ewan McGregor?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    I would rather McGregor than CG SAG. I am sorry I am not a cinematic expert like yourself. Disney SW is no more than fan fiction as far as I am concerned. You can't convert me so stop. On this subject, my opinion is all that matters to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I would rather McGregor than CG SAG. I am sorry I am not a cinematic expert like yourself. Disney SW is no more than fan fiction as far as I am concerned. You can't convert me so stop. On this subject, my opinion is all that matters to me.
    Disney/JJ opted for neither. Since Ewan McGregor never said he shot scenes as Ben's force ghost I'd assume that rumored scene never happened. Could be wrong of course. But it seems like to me this was something drubbed up by the same reddit fans who made up all the rumors that wound up not being true with TLJ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Personally I'm gonna be excited for in 5 years or so when SAV realizes how brilliant this film is and how much iconography and lines are played to harken back to all Lucas's Star Wars films. So many Prequels references snuck in. Lots of minor mirroring between Kylo and Anakin, minor details like Luke's hand still having blaster damage. Lots of great little bits. Only film mentions of Darth Sidious aside from the prequels. Unless they mentioned it in RoS that I missed. I recall Palpatine being the name mentioned, nothing about Sidious.

Not to mention my 2 favorite things Rian did.

Also Leia sailing right through hologram supremacy in the same exact spot (and same ending) as Holdo's maneuver.

It will enjoy your eventual turn SAV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    While I don't agree with everything here.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-seq...-abrams-blame/

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    While I don't agree with everything here.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-seq...-abrams-blame/
    I don’t agree with that. The fault always lies with whomever has final say and signs off on the project.