Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1755

Thread: Star Wars Discussion Thread (Spoilers Inside)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I read dune a long time ago. I think I was a freshman in high school, may have been 8th grade. I want to finish rereading it because Matt Colville talks about it so much I realized I forgot so much about it (I've reread/listened to Lord of the Rings like 6 or 7 times since then for example) And I don't think I read past the second book? So I'm gonna start and I just haven't started yet haha.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Andor got pushed back a few weeks. Boo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Andor got pushed back a few weeks. Boo
    Which is wild because they finally dropped the proper trailer, must have had some reshoots or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Which is wild because they finally dropped the proper trailer, must have had some reshoots or something
    That makes me worried about it. Andor has been in production for a while. If they're still trying to fix it this late in the game I have to wonder what issues it has.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    That makes me worried about it. Andor has been in production for a while. If they're still trying to fix it this late in the game I have to wonder what issues it has.

I think they didn’t want to drop it the same week as the new game of thrones show , lord of the rings show and the first week of football. It would get lost in the mess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    I think they didn’t want to drop it the same week as the new game of thrones show , lord of the rings show and the first week of football. It would get lost in the mess.
    Then why not push it up? IIRC this pushes it into a release of She Hulk's window.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Watched some of Tales of the Jedi and the Count Dooku story arc was really, really good. Dooku's fall from grace was a better story in 3 animated episodes than Anakin's was in 3 movies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I'm not gonna talk Tales of the Jedi quality vs. films. But you're not wrong. ONe of the major failures of the prequels was it seems like the point of the arc was the fall of Anakin and the rise of the EMpire, it only told one of those stories well.

I mean I could point to the countless logic and poor writing moments of the prequels. BUt the majority of that poorness was Lucas wanting to tell a bigger story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    I'm not gonna talk Tales of the Jedi quality vs. films. But you're not wrong. ONe of the major failures of the prequels was it seems like the point of the arc was the fall of Anakin and the rise of the EMpire, it only told one of those stories well.

I mean I could point to the countless logic and poor writing moments of the prequels. BUt the majority of that poorness was Lucas wanting to tell a bigger story.
    100% agree. When you watch the Clone Wars and see the story get fleshed out you realize that Lucas wasn't telling a bad story, he was just telling a poorly abridged story.

As for Tales of the Jedi, I love that we got some Yaddle content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Finished Tales of the Jedi this evening with Resolve. If they don't do Ahsoka justice in the show I will be quite annoyed. She has become one of the best characters in the canon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Episode 1 of season 3 of the Mandalorian was good. Nothing earthshattering, just an episode setting up storylines for the season. A couple observations:

Mando is almost certainly going to have to go after another IG droid to get the parts he needs for IG 11. I wonder if he's going to go after IG 88.

The pirate king will probably be a minor villain on the way to establishing the next major villain. Kind of like how the Client was the villain of season 1 until they established Moff Gideon as the major villain.

I think there's a fair chance Bo Katan becomes the next major villain. No way she's given up getting the Dark Saber.

I think the liquid that the Armorer pours into the water to make the quenching solution for Beskar is water from the living waters beneath the mines of Mandalore. I think the Armorer knows they're still there and accessible.

I could be wrong on all of them but those are my current guesses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I partially agree with most of your points.

1. I don't know if he'll have to go after an IG unit. I assumed the circuit board is a MacGuffin, don't know if it will tie into IG-88 specifically or some other character. I assume that he'll ahve to free Gideon to get the part.

2. For sure the Pirate King is a pawn for Thrawn, I'd bank on it. We know the Empire often tied themselves with Crime Syndicates to partially control the outer rim.

3. Bo Katan could easily be a villain. I think she is there to act as a potential bridge between the Children of the Watch and other mandalorian factions. I suspect there will be a large Mandalorian conflict. Maybe not coming to blows but certainly a heavy test.

4. I don't think that's true. But maybe it is.

I think my favorite theory is that Grogu will claim the Dark Saber after someone takes it from Din and become the new Mandalore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    I partially agree with most of your points.

1. I don't know if he'll have to go after an IG unit. I assumed the circuit board is a MacGuffin, don't know if it will tie into IG-88 specifically or some other character. I assume that he'll ahve to free Gideon to get the part.

2. For sure the Pirate King is a pawn for Thrawn, I'd bank on it. We know the Empire often tied themselves with Crime Syndicates to partially control the outer rim.

3. Bo Katan could easily be a villain. I think she is there to act as a potential bridge between the Children of the Watch and other mandalorian factions. I suspect there will be a large Mandalorian conflict. Maybe not coming to blows but certainly a heavy test.

4. I don't think that's true. But maybe it is.

I think my favorite theory is that Grogu will claim the Dark Saber after someone takes it from Din and become the new Mandalore
    The Baby Yoda thought is interesting. I wondered if he'd end up with it too but it would be pretty big for him.

I wonder if Like will eventually give him Yoda's lightsaber. I'm not sure you introduce the fact that Luke has it if he doesn't give it to Baby Yoda.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    The Baby Yoda thought is interesting. I wondered if he'd end up with it too but it would be pretty big for him.

I wonder if Like will eventually give him Yoda's lightsaber. I'm not sure you introduce the fact that Luke has it if he doesn't give it to Baby Yoda.
    I can see that. Also I could see him wielding it with the force. We're already seeing him being comfortable with the force. Supposedly he trained with Luke for 2 years so he should have some familiarity and odds are he'll "unlock" some old training in a flashback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    It seems most of my theories were incorrect but I really don't care. I didn't think they'd have the guts to put an actual, living Mythosaur in it but they did.

It also seems they might be setting up Bo Katan as a love interest, or at least maybe her being interested in Mando. The reaction after he showed respect for her father was hinting strongly at that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    It seems most of my theories were incorrect but I really don't care. I didn't think they'd have the guts to put an actual, living Mythosaur in it but they did.

It also seems they might be setting up Bo Katan as a love interest, or at least maybe her being interested in Mando. The reaction after he showed respect for her father was hinting strongly at that.
    A few things I took to heart from the episode.

1. Mythosaur was a huge reveal. I thought we'd get one eventually after talking about it in Book of Boba Fett. Didn't think we'd be getting it this soon.

2. The heavy hints of Din dying are here not this season but eventually. I don't know if they will do it. It would be massive for a Disney property. But this is the first episode where the Child hasn't been a sidekick or passenger. He showed himself to be capable of a lot including the "first word" bit. I suspect he can fully communicate but hasn't because of Trauma from Order 66 which maybe we'll deal with this season?

3. r5 is gonna perminately be the Astromech. I think eventually for Grogu, but for now for Din. Could be wrong but it seems to be moving that way.

4. I still wonder if we'll deal with IG droid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I want to go and mention though how freaking brilliant the last episode of the Bad Batch was. While we can only assume the worst for Crosshair going forward, it was great seeing him turn on the Empire. Remind everyone that for the Empire to fail, it needed people as incompetent as Thrawn is competent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    A few things I took to heart from the episode.

1. Mythosaur was a huge reveal. I thought we'd get one eventually after talking about it in Book of Boba Fett. Didn't think we'd be getting it this soon.

2. The heavy hints of Din dying are here not this season but eventually. I don't know if they will do it. It would be massive for a Disney property. But this is the first episode where the Child hasn't been a sidekick or passenger. He showed himself to be capable of a lot including the "first word" bit. I suspect he can fully communicate but hasn't because of Trauma from Order 66 which maybe we'll deal with this season?

3. r5 is gonna perminately be the Astromech. I think eventually for Grogu, but for now for Din. Could be wrong but it seems to be moving that way.

4. I still wonder if we'll deal with IG droid.
    I thought the hints about the Mythosaur would normally be setting up them bringing one in, I just didn't dare hope they'd actually do it.

I'm not sure the business side would let Favreau kill Din off. If Pedro Pascal decides to leave the show, I think they'd be more likely to put Din on the shelf than kill him. Hope Pascal would come back for guest appearances. Mando is just too important to the business of Star Wars to kill him off. They are definitely showing development with the Child but I don't know if that will equate to Din dying.

They spent way too much time on IG-11 in the first episode for there to be a pivot to R5 and just abandon IG-11's storyline.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    They spent way too much time on IG-11 in the first episode for there to be a pivot to R5 and just abandon IG-11's storyline.
    I understand that. But if you treat it as a MacGuffin, it's served it's purpose. If you treat it as Chekhov's Gun it's gonna come up much later. The MacGuffin of IG11 needing a board got Din to go to Tatooine in doing so he was offered the services of R5, and in dealing with that he found out he didn't need a robot to explore mandalore.

I'm not saying it's done. I'm just not sure if it will happen. I fear it will involve a little bit of deus ex machina like IG 11 showing up in a moment of need late in the season with Greef and the Marshall and save the day.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Writer behind Peaky Blinders is developing a Star Wars movie. Has potential since Peaky is great