Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rouse KO'd cold.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Ronda assured herself another motivated HH by hosting SNL. Good for her for increasing her options but her fighting career is gonna take a hit, pun intended. Is she hoping to become an action movie star?
    Without question, yes. And that's the smart play.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,005 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    I would if I was her. The Rock's career path is one all should go after in those sports if given the chance.
    WWE has their own production company for their stars. I've seen a couple of their movies and they've been exceptionally awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    Without question, yes. And that's the smart play.
    Perhaps but it could be a recipe for disaster. I guess it makes sense to make as much money as she can while she's a hot commodity. Fighting is essentially entertainment anyway, so why not take several steps up the food chain? Well, one reason is that level of fame is fraught with danger and completely unnecessary.

I think she'd be better off staying with what she does best, martial arts. She's gonna be a multi-milloinaire and a huge star either way. The Hollywood route will eat her alive when/if her popularity wanes. (Like when Holly Holms kicks her butt again.)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Perhaps but it could be a recipe for disaster. I guess it makes sense to make as much money as she can while she's a hot commodity. Fighting is essentially entertainment anyway, so why not take several steps up the food chain? Well, one reason is that level of fame is fraught with danger and completely unnecessary.

I think she'd be better off staying with what she does best, martial arts. She's gonna be a multi-milloinaire and a huge star either way. The Hollywood route will eat her alive when/if her popularity wanes. (Like when Holly Holms kicks her butt again.)

she's an entertainer and loves entertaining. There's no bigger rush than standing in front of a live crowd and having them cheer for you. No doubt she has a long career with the WWE. She'll only show up a few times a year but she'll be a big draw and get paid for it. She'll be at Wrestlemania this year and the next few years.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

From June 2014-June 2015 Rousey made 6.5M in money pretty much entirely from UFC. Even if she makes 1/4 of that in Hollywood, she would be wise to accept it. Because otherwise all she has to look forward to is life of crippling disabilities. Look at old boxers, they don't look too hot. She is a commodity, in the UFC or out of it. What would be the smart thing for her to do is transition to post career. Even if all she becomes is an ESPN employee, it's worth it to not have the long term effects a career of taking hits will have on you.

And while Gilesfan will be here harping on how UFC is safer, we don't know that is the case because it's relatively new. No one realized the long term risk for average football players until somewhat recently. No one was talking about concussions when I was in high school which wasn't that long ago.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,765 Posts
    Sugar Ray Leonard still looks amazing for his age.
    Forever Fredi

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    I would if I was her. The Rock's career path is one all should go after in those sports if given the chance.
    The Rock is a special entertainer. Rousey doesn't have that charisma and looks like a terrible actress.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    The Rock is a special entertainer. Rousey doesn't have that charisma and looks like a terrible actress.
    She has barely been in anything yet and she's in action flicks. Have you seen any action movies? Aside from the rare talents who get drafted to do films (Bale, Hardy, etc.) you're looking at guys like Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Jean Claude Van Daam. Hell Jackie Chan and Jet Li were action stars without a fluent grasp on the English language.

No one is saying she'll be Leonardo DiCaprio, because she doesn't have to be. Gina Carano made a career being a hot action star, I'm sure Rousey could, and Rousey unlike Carano is already a household name. She got billed on the Expendables, granted pretty much everyone in the film was billed, but it's still something. That was back in 2014 or so her stock has risen.

She'd be much better off leaving behind MMA even if she earns less now, she'll earn more long term and more importantly have her health.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    She has barely been in anything yet and she's in action flicks. Have you seen any action movies? Aside from the rare talents who get drafted to do films (Bale, Hardy, etc.) you're looking at guys like Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Jean Claude Van Daam. Hell Jackie Chan and Jet Li were action stars without a fluent grasp on the English language.

No one is saying she'll be Leonardo DiCaprio, because she doesn't have to be. Gina Carano made a career being a hot action star, I'm sure Rousey could, and Rousey unlike Carano is already a household name. She got billed on the Expendables, granted pretty much everyone in the film was billed, but it's still something. That was back in 2014 or so her stock has risen.

She'd be much better off leaving behind MMA even if she earns less now, she'll earn more long term and more importantly have her health.
    At least I lol'd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    The smart play would be to remain an athlete and to say no to the glitter of Tinsletown. She could easily start businesses using her name alone that would earn her plenty long term.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    The smart play would be to remain an athlete and to say no to the glitter of Tinsletown. She could easily start businesses using her name alone that would earn her plenty long term.
    Why is the smart play for her to risk long term health issues?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Why is the smart play for her to risk long term health issues?
    I didn't say she should continue fighting forever. She could cash in on her name and never fight another match, but I think she has some unfinished business in that regard. But she could open a dojo, create a line of sportswear, put her name on supplements, advise fighters, teach, write about her experiences, etc., etc. Plenty of things to do away from the camera and that pit of hell.
    Last edited by Runnin; 01-30-2016 at 02:32 AM.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I didn't say she should continue fighting forever. She could cash in on her name and never fight another match, but I think she has some unfinished business in that regard. But she could open a dojo, create a line of sportswear, put her name on supplements, advise fighters, teach, write about her experiences, etc., etc. Plenty of things to do away from the camera and that pit of hell.
    Not only is Zito an expert on DNA, but also concussions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Not only is Zito an expert on DNA, but also concussions.
    Unlike some others, I do have concerns with concussions. I've had more than my share of them and I do fear that CTE may be an issue for me down the line. So pardon me for not taking the issue lightly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Holly Holms loses to M Tate by sleeper hold. Damn. How many millions did Holms lose by not waiting for Rousey?

But happy to see McGregor get beat. I guess skinny fat guys can fight.
    Last edited by Runnin; 03-06-2016 at 01:05 AM.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    I'd be willing to bet that the UFC has Tate fight Rousey and not give Holm a rematch. Rousey has already destroyed Tate but the UFC wants the strap on rousey

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

Prikichi (03-08-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts