Thread: Cop Shoots Black Teen 16 times

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,797 Posts

Cop Shoots Black Teen 16 times

Surprised this hasn't been posted... I'm pretty sure that this is one where everyone will be against.

The cop has been charged with 1st degree murder. The video is online, but I won't post it here

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,762 Posts
    I'm sure gilesfan will still have a defense for him.
    Forever Fredi

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I'm sure gilesfan will still have a defense for him.
    "kid shouldn't have been running...had it coming"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,741 Posts
    Atleast the murderer got charged this time. I wouldnt put it past the DA to throw the case though. We really need a special prosecutor in cases involving cops so there is no conflict on interest. Hopefully justice is served and it sends a message to the other cops that "I am a coward" isnt an acceptable excuse to kill people.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    441 Posts
    Sad and the cop should be held accountable But shockingly Zito doesn't give a **** about the other 3000 blacks who were murdered by blacks.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (11-25-2015), NinersSBChamps (11-25-2015)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Sad and the cop should be held accountable But shockingly Zito doesn't give a **** about the other 3000 blacks who were murdered by blacks.
    Bringing my name up when it's not relevant. that's cute.

I want to end black on black crime by actually giving money to these cities that have issues to get people to have **** to look forward to in life, aside from being a banger, you just want the issue to magically poof away. Ignoring that the issue isn't black, it's poor inner city. Which means next up it will become a huge latino issue, it used to be a huge white issue.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    "kid shouldn't have been running...had it coming"
    Obviously he shouldn't have had a knife, but since he was running away and there was no one in immediate danger, he should not have been shot 16 times.

Maybe in the leg or something......
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Obviously he shouldn't have had a knife, but since he was running away and there was no one in immediate danger, he should not have been shot 16 times.

Maybe in the leg or something......
    So you believe in the right to carry a gun, but not a knife? Cute
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    the other 3000 blacks who were murdered by blacks.
    why do you keep bringing up this up when it has nothing to do with police abuse and abuse by gov't?

why do you continue to bring up citizen vs citizen when the topic is obviously gov't vs citizen?

i am sad about the stories of citizens dying for no reason really but don't see why you think it has something to do with gov't abuse of citizens that should be held to a higher standard
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    why do you keep bringing up this up when it has nothing to do with police abuse and abuse by gov't?

why do you continue to bring up citizen vs citizen when the topic is obviously gov't vs citizen?

i am sad about the stories of citizens dying for no reason really but don't see why you think it has something to do with gov't abuse of citizens that should be held to a higher standard
    Because it IS A PROBLEM.

Why Master Jesse Jackass and Master Al Sharpton not addressing this but every police issue. My dad always said fix your own house before you go after others. I think he is right. We need to fix the problem ourselves but our unelected leaders want reparations and what not. That is material things, what about black lives THAT matters. Are you going to ignore that?

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    So you believe in the right to carry a gun, but not a knife? Cute
    You can carry a knife (like a gun) if you aren't threatening anyone with it.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Because it IS A PROBLEM.

Why Master Jesse Jackass and Master Al Sharpton not addressing this but every police issue. My dad always said fix your own house before you go after others. I think he is right. We need to fix the problem ourselves but our unelected leaders want reparations and what not. That is material things, what about black lives THAT matters. Are you going to ignore that?
    It is a problem too, yeah

It has nothing to do with this problem

And no matter how much evidence you or kg etc gets that proves people are trying to do something about it changes your mind from the same bs line of "no one cares about black people dying at the hands of other blacks" etc
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (12-02-2015)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    AA and kr, thanks for the total deflection from the issue at hand. Two wrongs don't make a right.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

goldfly (12-02-2015)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    AA and kr, thanks for the total deflection from the issue at hand. Two wrongs don't make a right.
    What deflection?

Where is the outcry for blacks murdering blacks, nothing is said. but if a police officer white or black kills a black, it is national news. What about white cops killing white crooks, not in the news. Why does it have to be a cop killing a black person? We have cops in this city shooting white thugs all the time, no news.

This is a problem that you decide to bury your head in the sand about.

I care about the black on black crime which is way more prevalent than cops shooting blacks....or whites when they don't need to.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    What deflection?

Where is the outcry for blacks murdering blacks, nothing is said. but if a police officer white or black kills a black, it is national news. What about white cops killing white crooks, not in the news. Why does it have to be a cop killing a black person? We have cops in this city shooting white thugs all the time, no news.

This is a problem that you decide to bury your head in the sand about.

I care about the black on black crime which is way more prevalent than cops shooting blacks....or whites when they don't need to.
    This whole line of reasoning, which is what passes for political debate these days, is what Bill O'reilly would call "excusing bad behavior by pointing out other bad behavior". yes everyone should be outraged about the black on black inner city crime where thousands of young black people kill thousands of other young black people, but what exactly does that have to do with shooting a young man who had a knife 16 effing times????????

If there is ever going to be an end to the inner city crime it's going to take a larger police presence in those areas, does this sort of behavior make anyone feel like they want more police in their neighborhood? Of course most cops are good folks just trying to do their jobs, but how many more of these stories do we have to hear before somebody says "hey let's keep and reward the 99% of cops who are good and who are at least trying to do the right things, and let's get rid of the 1% who is giving the rest a terrible name"? And wait around all you want, chances are you won't hear the police come out and condemn these things, maybe once in a while but hardly ever.

This is what happens when you start out with your end goal decision (in this case, if you don't want to condemn the few cops who are nutcases with guns then you just point out how many other people are killed therefore this killing really isn't that important". What you will see again soon, if you haven't already is a cool Facebook meme about "how I'm am a great American, I support ALL LEOs, so I don't worry about troubling ****e, I can just sit here and pat myself on the back and feel all warm and fuzzy, I mean after all, they aren't killing anyone I know, right?"

The real truth and the real solutions are hard to come by and even harder to implement, so let's just twist ****e around so that we don't have to.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (12-02-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Let me first say your using Bill O'Reilly as the spokesperson for the level of political debate is laughable.
    "Tiller the Baby killer" yeah, that Bill O'Reilly

2nd paragraph.
    I think we need to rethink our entire notion of policing from the local to the federal and even to border protection. Is it really 1% ? I am of a mind that systemic racism runs so deep in the process that well, it would take a tractor to pull the proverbial head out. I pointed out in the Colorado shooting thread that that shooter was taken alive and the Charleston shooter afforded Burger King - by the police - yet we hear of black teens shot for being suspected of having a knife and and other choked to death for not moving down the street and yet another shot and left to rot in the street to convey a message of --- I still don't know what they expected accomplished. And on and on -and on
    Gold is exactly right. The police ( other civil servants) should be held to a higher standard and every time the a discussion is begun on rampant police brutality the first thing out of the apologists mouths is "black on black"... which is as germane to the topic of police brutality as a flat tire.
    Yes, inner city gangs etc is a problem -- but so is the flat tire on my car -- or --- or --- or ----Do you understand that by the time an inner city child is 5 he has seen not only person to person violent crime but systemic racism in the form of random bullying. There is no better word. Bullying is what it is called when someone with more authority miss uses that authority on one with no authority . Please don't tell me that is a Left Wing myth
    Chicago fired the police superintendent yesterday over the shooting months ago. It is written this could as well be Rahm Emmanuels Waterloo. Ferguson, Mo tried firing their police chief as well

3rd paragraph
    How do they utilize local police in other countries? We have to have a serious national discussion on how we want to be policed. In the debates I hear (D) discuss policing and how it is being wrongly applied. Not so much from (R). All the same, I don't hear Sanders or Clinton advance any policies. Are their inovative notions of policing in our country? What counties or cities have policies we could enact at the national level?
    Why are we getting nutcases and people that find it hard to get other forms of long term secure employment?
    What do police get paid? My guess it is about the same as everywhere else in US. The administrators make 6 figures and the person with the gun on the street is thinking about applying for food stamps.
    Comes back to income inequality --

Back to "black on black" . Even that phrase is racially loaded.
    Why not call it citizen on citizen

Wouldn't get as many internet clicks and really doesn't have that dog whistle effect.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I'm with OK here. A cop shot a black kid in the back 16 times. That is what is at issue here. Everyone can wax and bemoan about all the societal ills that lead to this result or that result, but we are talking about a single act here that is inexcusable regardless of other over-arching influences.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    single act ?

Reported police shootings or covering up of shootings or other forms of racial bullying by police seem to be happening at almost the same pace as -- mass shootings.
    Funny thing is, the police and the shooters get to be painted as victims.

I just checked the box of at least 4 "over-arching influences"
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.