Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Flint, Mich

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Apparently 57 is the only person who cares about Flint.
    And the black Democrats who run the city either unless they get some money out of it.

I think their hustling days are over if State or Feds get involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Examination of Snyder’s internal emails reveals that the administration was well aware that the water treatment plant for Flint wasn’t yet ready to fully cleanse the polluted waters of Flint River, but pushed through the switch anyway against the warnings of water quality supervisor Michael Glasgow, who is recorded saying in April 2014 that “if water is distributed from this plant in the next couple of weeks, it will be against my direction.I need time to adequately train additional staff and to update our monitoring plans before I will feel we are ready. I will reiterate this to management above me, but they seem to have their own agenda.”

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/04/0...v-rick-snyder/
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,797 Posts
    So the state government wasn't able to handle it, but the federal government would be the knight and shining armor for this tiny little town led by incompetent fools?

OK then

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    It seems to me, and again this is probably just me, that we have two distinct groups of greedy, power mad, blood sucking aholes who are all too busy trying to make political points off the suffering of other people and who are all too willing to point out the failings of "the other side" but who don't seem to give a ****e about actually making things better for anyone but themselves.

Of course this is probably just me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    what does that have to do with poisoned water in Flint, Michigan ?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    what does that have to do with poisoned water in Flint, Michigan ?
    Both parties have been in power at one level or another and should do/should have done something about this, now it seems to me that both sides want the other side to fix it and accept the blame and the people of Flint are still stuck with poisoned water.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Both parties did not institute and implement the Emergency Manager. Both parties did not cut corners as noted above. Both parties have not voluntarily adressed this issue. Please read the history of the switch in water supply systems and the history of the plagued institution of Emergency Managers.

Of course there will be a flood of posts blaming the unions for the demise of the Rust Belt and a flood of posts dog whistling the poverty of the region. Both are is purely beside the point and other discussions for other days.
    The point is the current administration cut corners when it came to a city's water supply. Then when the problem was discovered went to lengths to cover it up. All the while not lifting a finger to alleviate the problem.

All of these assertions have been linked earlier and can be very easily looked up.

Bottom line? Governor Snyder administration contaminated the water system of Flint. Overlooking that fact by saying both sides are at fault is a humongous change of subject
    Last edited by 57Brave; 04-08-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Both parties did not institute and implement the Emergency Manager. Both parties did not cut corners as noted above. Both parties have not voluntarily adressed this issue. Please read the history of the switch in water supply systems and the history of the plagued institution of Emergency Managers.

Of course there will be a flood of posts blaming the unions for the demise of the Rust Belt and a flood of posts dog whistling the poverty of the region. Both are is purely beside the point and other discussions for other days.
    The point is the current administration cut corners when it came to a city's water supply. Then when the problem was discovered went to lengths to cover it up. All the while not lifting a finger to alleviate the problem.

All of these assertions have been linked earlier and can be very easily looked up.

Bottom line? Governor Snyder administration contaminated the water system of Flint. Overlooking that fact by saying both sides are at fault is a humongous change of subject
    I think Michael Moore might disagree with you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (04-08-2016)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    It seems the Democrat leaders who were making money off of poison water got their water (money)
    shut off and now they are blaming the governor.

Typical.

My dad is a bleeding Democrat and he said the Republicans in his town wanted stipends from water and trash to stay quiet. He hated that. He admits the blacks are doing what the whites were doing in our town, ignore the problem make money and try to get COUNTY, state, FEDERAL to do something to make more money.

In Illinois under the Democrats, LOL. The governor now can't because they don't have money paying for the senators and republicans who are making 70k a year for the rest of their lives plus the government workers who are making money as well for the rest of their lives.

They said if they need to pay everyone and the current union asking price, our taxes would be higher than Alaska, California, New York and Hawaii. We are #3 right now.

My parents are up here with me now, 12 hour drive taking care of the kids while I work. My mom went to our Woodmans and was like, your stuff is much cheaper than ours. Three bags of groceries, $30 dollars, mostly produce. She ask, China? Nope, they tell you on the label, mostly local. She was in heaven. She said when she goes home, the liquor is so cheap here, she will take a lot back home with her for the wedding. Illinois and Kentucky heavily taxed those items.

Even though our town is like 40 pct black, he never won mayor. He got all the black vote and none of the whites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I think Michael Moore might disagree with you.
    I posted a few months back an explanation of the process that the initial complaints and fixes constitutionally go through the Governors office. As he has hands on the administrative wheel.

Also posted as recently as this week where the administration rushed to make this happen before all of the data was in. Kinda like was done with expelling the United Nations WMD inspectors in 2002 Iraq.

Yeah, probably some (D) could have done more but ... The Governors administration pushed this through. That is a documented fact. They knew the water was contaminated before Michael Moore Barack Obama or Michelle Obama's mother.
    Guess in Missouri that is called closing the barn door after the horse gets out. (D) didn't close the door fast enough after Snyder left it open and ALL the horses escaped

Let's give the benefit of the doubt and assume you got distracted and didn't get to finish the article in the Washington Times.
    Big difference between the charge of "remaining silent" and "#Ethnic cleansing"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-for-flint-wa/
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..

Michael Moore you use a source?
    Hawk - man
    Last edited by 57Brave; 04-08-2016 at 07:49 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    OHawk, you know it can really only be the problem of one party. Dude, get with the program.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    FLINT, MI – Gov. Rick Snyder and other state officials allegedly withheld lead testing results from county health officials while they worked to find ways to present the information to the public, according to emails obtained by The Flint Journal.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...special-report
    xxx

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    OHawk, you know it can really only be the problem of one party. Dude, get with the program.
    Ah, but I can hopefully be the problem of both of these ahole parties. At least that's my goal in life. :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I re read the article posted above and didn't find anything about party politics or even a mention of what party Gov Snyder represents

Sure both parties do it blah blah blah
    and both parties are corrupt blah blah blah

Counting down from 10 as I type. Sitting at 6 fully expecting that by 4 some one invokes abortion or beleaguered christians
    Or AA's wife ...

Flint's poisoned water and contaminated delivery system

" Even though the city reconnected to the Detroit water system in October, local and state officials have warned pregnant women and young children against using the water unless it has been tested because lead levels continue to exceed what can be handled by a filter."
    Last edited by 57Brave; 04-10-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I re read the article posted above and didn't find anything about party politics or even a mention of what party Gov Snyder represents

Sure both parties do it blah blah blah
    and both parties are corrupt blah blah blah

Counting down from 10 as I type. Sitting at 6 fully expecting that by 4 some one invokes abortion or beleaguered christians
    Or AA's wife ...

Flint's poisoned water and contaminated delivery system

" Even though the city reconnected to the Detroit water system in October, local and state officials have warned pregnant women and young children against using the water unless it has been tested because lead levels continue to exceed what can be handled by a filter."
    Well without trying to dig up the entire sordid affair, let me just ask two quick questions.

1.) How long did the Dems govern over either/both Michigan and/or Flint in particular?
    2.) Did the Dems know about Flint's water and do nothing or was it really unknown stuff until VERY recently?
    3.) Did the current governor purposely ignore or cover up facts about the water supply there?

My whole point on this is not to blame or exonerate one party or the other, it just seems to me that both parties have had a chance to do something about this (maybe I"m wrong) and the Dems seem to want to point fingers at the Repubs not doing anything about it when they (maybe) have had opportunities to fix it, and the Repubs pretty clearly don't want to do anything about it for the same reason they don't want to do anything about, well anything, money.

In the meantime who's suffering? The people of Flint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    It is all in the thread.

First post outlines the Emergency Manager.

There was/is no city government for all intent and purposes. It was disolved by the Governor 2011 ish(?).

Go ahead read the statute. it is scary even before knowing what was to happen to Flint
    Last edited by 57Brave; 04-11-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Read somewhere the deteriorating infrastructure of Flint is the tip of the iceberg. My understanding is there are 5 other Michigan cities alone with lead contaminated water issues.
    We can write this off as a partisan squabble or face the fact we are leaving a generation of young Americans in toxic situations

This:

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/brief...imate-justice/

“What happened in Flint would have never happened in a wealthy suburb of Detroit. It’s no coincidence that black children are twice as likely as white children to suffer from asthma, three times more likely to be hospitalized, and five times more likely to die from the disease…

“Children of color are more likely than white kids to suffer lead poisoning, which can lead to lifelong learning challenges…it’s no coincidence that nearly half of all Latinos in the United States live in places where the air does not even meet EPA public health standards or that race is the single biggest factor determining whether you live near a toxic site…climate change is going to make the burden even heavier.

“So today I’m announcing a new plan to fight for environmental justice….I want to set an ambitious national goal to eliminate lead as a major public threat within five years.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 04-13-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Chad Livengood Verified account
    ‏@ChadLivengood

With Snyder in the room, Thompson said Flint residents "want the governor to come in and drink the water unfiltered out of someone’s home.”

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,797 Posts
    And I'd like for Bernie to give up 90% of his wealth to the government.